Favourite Video Game Soundtrack ?

• Thread starter D4rkDragon
  • Start date
D4rkDragon

D4rkDragon

Lemon Dragon
Towns Folk
Let's talk about Video Games Soundtrack.
As you know, some games really have epic soundtracks, and may become your favourite.
So, what's your favourite video game music (All games, console, and publisher combined) ?

> You can have multiple, there's no problem with it. Youtube links are welcome too.

I'll start with mines:
Zelda OoT (3DS/N64/NGC/Wii): Lost Woods. I guess that everybody is familiar with that tune. We all sang it at least one time while exploring the Lost Woods, right ?

Touhou 8: Imperishable Night (PC): Voyager 1970/1969. Basically, the 1969 is a "preface" before the final boss and the final spells, while 1970 drives you insane, but fits perfectly with the game's story. Even the MIDI version is just pure awesomeness (because MIDI is known to leave only an instrumental version).

Also, note that the Voyager 1970 goes into an endless loop, so feel free to quit it before it annoys you !
Here's the YT link for the 2nd one (It's Voyager 1970):

(The background is just the final bosses of TH8, as there's two Final Stages.)

Last edited:
Hmmm ... I need to think about this for a while. In the meantime I'm commenting so I can see when others bump the thread ... I don't want to forget about it.

Hmmm ... I need to think about this for a while. In the meantime I'm commenting so I can see when others bump the thread ... I don't want to forget about it.

Feel free to post when you'll remember ! ;) And thanks for the bump, it'll help making this visible !

No problem. I guess I can start with kind of a cop-out answer. But replaying Wind Waker HD, I gotta say almost the whole soundtrack! From Outset Island, to Dragon Roost, Great Ocean, etc. all the themes are epic! All Zelda games have very good soundtracks, but this one just seems so fresh and of such high quality!

Last edited:
Reactions: Moon Rain
Favorite Video Game Sound Track: Oh boy...its a game I have not played, but its music...oh man. Its Crash Twinsanity, yes this game's sound track is simply amazing and its done almost entirely in Capella which is actually really cool, I think. Here are my 2 personal favorite tracks from the game and 1 of them is a remix.

Stage: Slip-Slide IceCapades

Stage: Totem Hokum(Music is a remix of an old Song called "Flight of the Bumble Bee")

This game is more known for its incredible voice work, but it does have some musical gems, including this opening number ...

The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds.

It's great.

Reactions: Moon Rain, ShinyLatios and TAG
Don't have a favorite, but Nintendo series in general is really good for soundtracks

Mother 3's soundtrack is amazing, probably one of my favorites of all time.
Pokemon Diamond's soundtrack is one of the best I've heard throughout all of the games.
Final Fantasy XIII- The Promise
Zelda OoT is very memorable to me. And yeah there's more but those are the main ones :3

Reactions: Artisan
I love the Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance soundtrack. It's amazing.

I like the soundtracks for all the Kingdom Hearts games, Sonic 1, 2, 3, & Knuckles, Crash Bandicoot 1-3, Spyro the Dragon 1-3, Rayman 1, and Rayman Legends.

Super Mario Galaxy 1 and 2 soundtrack! The platinum edition of the Super Mario Galaxy soundtrack is in the Club Nintendo Stars catalogue, but I don't have enough stars.:(

Hmm... The only soundtrack that touch me the most is Final Fantasy OST,
The piano collection is dammmnnnn great!!!
I love "Frontier Village Dali", "Melodies of Life" from FF IX
"Main Theme of FF VII", "Aerith's Theme", "One Winged Angel" from FF VII

Im not really fond of collectin game soundtrack, so i only got this :oops:

Reactions: Reece
Hmm... The only soundtrack that touch me the most is Final Fantasy OST,
The piano collection is dammmnnnn great!!!
I love "Frontier Village Dali", "Melodies of Life" from FF IX
"Main Theme of FF VII", "Aerith's Theme", "One Winged Angel" from FF VII

Im not really fond of collectin game soundtrack, so i only got this :oops:

Hey, 5 games soundtracks, it's still a good collection !
And FF is (also) know for its music too ;) !

Final fantasy, sephiroth : one winged angel theme
Kingdom hearts theme
All Zelda themes
That's all for now

I could only create a list of all the great works out there.

Pokemon TCG (GBC) VS. Ronald and VS. the Club Masters are both really great.
Spyro The Dragon (PS1) Lofty Castle
Spyro Year of the Dragon (PS1) Buzz's Dungeon
LoZ:OoT (N64, GCN, Wii VC, 3DS) Gerudo Valley
Punch Out!! for Wii Minor Circuit
Mother (NES) Battle Against A Dangerous Foe
Lego Island 2 (GBC) Castle Island
More may be added.

I am also adding pokemon original theme, super mario theme ancient andone piece soundtracks.

Woah, to be honest, I can never remember the songs until I hear them over, and the songs I remember currently are only Final Fantasy soundtracks:
The first on my list is:

Followed shortly by (even though I disliked this game it's BGM was fantastic):

Third:

Fourth:

You know what, after viewing these songs on Youtube, I really wanna play Final Fantasy X. I wanted to add more, but the list might get too long.

Reactions: BrianXcalibur
Talk of Final Fantasy reminded me how cool it was when I first heard this NES track ...

Reactions: Reece
Back