Favourite Video Game Soundtrack ?

• Thread starter D4rkDragon
  • Start date
I like the Ocarina tunes from Zelda games, like song of storms, Song of time and also Final Fantasy VII: Crisis core the price of freedom. . I just love it. Listen to it here:

Reactions: 18 and Reece
some tracks from ocarina of time - battles, areas and of course ocarina melodies! Bolero of fire and song of storms were my faves. Pokemon has some cool tunes too - battles mainly.

Reactions: D4rkDragon
some tracks from ocarina of time - battles, areas and of course ocarina melodies! Bolero of fire and song of storms were my faves. Pokemon has some cool tunes too - battles mainly.
I also absolutely love those songs. If you like a good orchestrated piece of music, listen to Ballad of The Goddess from Skyward Sword.

Stickerbrush Symphony. <- It's a crime if you haven't heard it.
Bramble Blast SSBB
His World SSBB
Beware of The Forest’s Mushrooms Seven Stars
Battle Tower D/P/(Pt?) & Game Corner Slots D/P/Pt & Giratina’s Theme Pt
N’s Farewell & N’s Castle & Victini & Opelucid City B/W
Ho-Oh’s & Suicune’s Themes HG/SS
O2 Battle SSBB
Just to name a few more...

Stickerbrush Symphony. <- It's a crime if you haven't heard it.
Bramble Blast SSBB
His World SSBB
Beware of The Forest’s Mushrooms Seven Stars
Battle Tower D/P/(Pt?) & Game Corner Slots D/P/Pt & Giratina’s Theme Pt
N’s Farewell & N’s Castle & Victini & Opelucid City B/W
Ho-Oh’s & Suicune’s Themes HG/SS
O2 Battle SSBB
Just to name a few more...
Also I'd like to add...
Tower of Heaven full soundtrack (flash game I discovered after playing Super Smash Land)
VVVVVV full soundtrack
Gulp's Overlook (STD2RR!) - It even has been in other media I believe.
Theme of Tiger (Robot City?) and Ancient Village (JMF)

Well, time for me to update my favourite soundtracks too:
Persona 3 Portable - Almost all the soundtracks (but got a preference for the opening)
Touhou 7 - Ran/Yukari Yakumo's theme
Touhou 13 - Shotoku Legend ~ True Administrator (Toyosatomimi no Miko's theme)

Oh right, I think it's time for me to update my video game soundtrack as well, these soundtracks are amazing :love::
Breath of Fire:

Bravely Default:

Legend of Zelda:

@Reece

You should check vocalized versions of the songs:

One of the vocalizations is from the band [LH] who made the @Marc 's favorite anime:

I also absolutely love those songs. If you like a good orchestrated piece of music, listen to Ballad of The Goddess from Skyward Sword.
Or Follow Fi.:thumbsup:

@Erixsan @Reece I watched the entire Bravely Default concert by Linked Horizon (who did Shingeki no Kyokin OP) on Youtube. Unfortunately it's already gone now .____.

Kingdom Hearts, I love the songs in this game.

I'll pitch in: The soundtrack of FTL: Faster Than Light is very awesome. It truly makes you feel like you are in space manning a ship and exploring the galaxy. Don't let me get started on the fight scenes. Epicness at its finest.

I don't know why I didn't post this before - Resident Evil 4 has one of the best soundtracks ever. This is my favourite.

I'm not going to list single songs or post videos of them, because the last time I did that on a forum I ended up with a bit over 100. Instead I'll just keep it general for the most part.

Chrono Cross has one of the best OSTs in gaming. "Prisoners of Fate" would probably be my favorite from it. Most Final Fantasy games have great music (IV, VI, VII, VIII, IX, and X being the top ones in my opinion). Of course if I'm going to mention Final Fantasy, I have to mention Kingdom Hearts as well. A couple of other RPG series that have good music are the Tales series and the Golden Sun series.

I saw someone mention Stickerbrush Symphony from DKC2, which is a great track. Though I personally like Aquatic Ambience a bit more. Just a beautiful track.

Dark Souls has two songs that are just absolutely beautiful. "Great Grey Wolf Sif" and "Gwyn, Lord of Cinder" are both amazing songs.

As for some more recent games... Bravely Default, Demon Gaze and Drakengard 3 have amazing soundtracks. I could listen to their soundtracks for weeks straight and never get tired of them.

I've also come to love the soundtrack from Etrian Odyssey IV. I'm working on my first playthrough of the game and the music has been enjoyable the entire way through so far. I especially enjoy the normal battle theme.

My favorite soundtrack is from Rayman origin's

Dragon Quest iii true final boss Zomas theme:Hero's Challenge is amazing. The wild monster theme for DQIiI is great as well.

Sonic adventure 2 has live and learn escape from the city and that one theme I can't remember the name of.

Crash bandicoot 3 has the mideval theme and the final boss theme i

Ocarina of Time has an excellent soundtrack, no doubt about it. Another great soundtrack would be Kid Icarus Uprising. It has probably the best soundtrack out of any handheld game I've ever played. Pokemon X would be an honorable mention for some of its really catchy tunes (bike and boutique themes).

Reactions: D4rkDragon
Now updating my list:

==== NEC PC-98XX ====
-Touhou Rei'iden : Title Screen Theme (A Sacred Lot)
-Touhou Yumejikuu : Staff Roll Theme (Mystic Maple), Name Registry Theme (Ghostly Person's Holiday)
-Touhou Gensokyo : Title Screen (Gensokyo), Yuuka Kazami's 2nd theme (Sleeping Terror)
-Touhou Kaikidan : Title Screen Theme, Alice Margatroid's Extra Boss theme (the Grimoire of Alice).

Of course, they're FM soundtracks, so don't expect MP3/WAV quality music, but these themes are still good.

Yup, that's a lot of Touhou soundtracks, but they're great, and they fit perfectly the bullet-hell games.

==== Sega CD (Genesis/Mega Drive Add-On) ====

Sonic CD - Most of the soundtracks (Japanese/European Versions)

==== Wii ====

SSBB -Tunnel Theme (Original Game: X [GB(C)])

The soundtrack for Bioshock is probably one of my favorites, if not my all time favorite. The score is just as dark and ominous as the game itself, and its done with quite an array of instruments, violin and cello more prominently. Every time I listen to the soundtrack, its bring back the feeling of loneliness and fear I'd felt while playing the game, Bioshock's soundtrack is definitely one of the best video games soundtracks of all time, its just that good...

I think Fire Emblem Awakening has a great contract, as well as Kingdom Hearts. The soundtracks just make me feel what the characters are feeling. A great feeling imo :p

Don't speak her name! in Fire emblem was great and with the events that were happening it really fit the game.

The Last Promise in KH2 was great as well. It really touched me, if you understand the characters.

Back