Feeling old?

• Thread starter Mikaya
  • Start date
Mikaya

Mikaya

úwù
Towns Folk
when you talk about classic consoles to someone, do you feel ancient? xD

or maybe you still own some consoles from when you were a young kid. And when people see them they'd be like 'whattt? you got that???' xD

Reactions: Kadaj, Leej07 and MindzEye
Sadly yes, just thinking about simple times playing the SNES or N64 and the NES makes me want to cry.

Reactions: Jisenku and NES
I do, because a lot of people I meet at work around 3-4 years younger than me and somehow they missed out on the SNES/N64 era.

Only sometimes. I enjoy talking about the classic consoles and other people do too, but I do feel left out when everyone talks about the new systems and I have nothing to say. xD

Sometimes I feel old talking about them, especially when it comes to the early systems like the original Game Boy, the Game Boy Pocket, etc.

Even though I am only 18 years old when I discuss Pokemon or my PS1/Gameboy consoles they make me feel super old. It makes me wonder how everything changed so fast and how I didn't really pa attention to how technology has actually evolved since I was young.

When I think about it, I feel like technology has been like it is today my whole life when actually, when I was a young king technology was actually much simpler and less 'smart' than it is today.

Reactions: miky898, Leej07, Ashley and 1 other person
I actually don't. The first ever game console that I had was a GameBoy advanced SP. I never even heard about Sega or the older Nintendo consoles like the N64, NES, or SNES. I'm only 15 now and didn't get to experience the older consoles.

Yeah, I do feel old and the funny thing is I was born in the 90s' :hilarious:. But when I talk with you guys about all the consoles and to see the evolution of gaming change we can't help but feel this way.

Yup :p I have this old regular Nintendo DS that my teacher gave me and every time I bring it to school , people would be amazed because it's not really regular that anyone much has it so yeah , sometimes I do feel that way but I'd imagine if I'd bring my Game Boy o_O ( well it's broken though :hilarious: )

Fun fact: The Nintendo DS is about 10 and a half years old :eek: (November 21st, 2004 to be exact). And this thing was basically the summary of my childhood, next to GBA and GBC. I'm 17 and I think I should've already felt old by the time I reached 17.

Wow, whenever I hear the words "GBA" or Nintendo DS, I feel shocked. I am amazed that not to many people (mostly kids these days) don't remember those consoles. Those 2 consoles were the 50% of my childhood, and the games that supported it was Super Mario, Pokemon, and Zelda.

Reactions: miky898 and Ryuuga_Kaminari
I sincerely don't really care about what others think about me! I openly state that I prefer older games by far over the new ones! Some years back what mattered was the quality of the games, while now, all people seem to be interested in are graphics and special effects! Because of that, THEY should feel weird! They are the jokes. It actually makes more sense making fun of those that prefer new games exclusively! I was playing games back in the Silver gaming era of 2003 and I loved it! It's 2015 now and I'm still playing games like "Outlaws" and "Batman Vengeance", the original versions of "Grim Fantago" and "Homeworld" and even play "Dungeon Master" for gods sake! They are far better than what we get now! Why should I feel bad about it?
PS: I still play mystery dungeon on and even some GB/GBC games on my GBA SP!

I was born during the rise of Nintendo as a home console company. I was a few months old when Super Mario Bros. was released. I pretty much live out with video games. Talking about video games in the past feels like talking about my past. You can say that I'm just as old as the Mario franchise is. It's a shame, though.

I'm less than 15 years old,and often when I talk about the DS(and sometimes the GBA,which I didn't own for too long :writing:) and its games with other people...I feel sort of old. :panda:
It is weird,but considering we're discussing about a portable console that is more than 10 years old since its launch,it makes me see more how time flies and games generally change in such quick time. :coffee:

I'm not really sure if that's how I feel when discussing old-school consoles that I have indeed played in my days of as a young wimpersnaper, considering I have not discuss that with anyone. And no I don't own any old consoles although I wish I had though Hot Wheels: Velocity X? Sonic Advance 1 and 3? Viewtiful-Freakin'-Joe?

I really don't feel old when talk about those classic console as so some consoles are really good and i have spent my time on playing on those console

Unfortunately i only have one precious old console with me. Nintendo 3ds is other one.

I guess I'd feel like that if my friends really did say that upon my describing the consoles I have. (that is if I had any friends.)
But yeah I feel like that sometimes.

Playing a golden game straight from the console makes me feel older than I am. Everytime I go to my brother and say something like, "you remember when there were commercials to this game?" or "remember when we first opened this one? That new game smell didn't last too long, did it?"

Reactions: Ace
Yeah, I guess. My 12-13 year old generation barely knows what an Atari 2600 is - er, was.

I feel a bit old when people from this page say that they first games were sequels to the games I played in my childhood :p, so yeah, a bit. Apart from that, I was born a couple years before the first Pokemon games were released :eek:

Back