Feeling old?

• Thread starter Mikaya
  • Start date
Topic is old but still quite interesting.

In my daily life, I don't feel that old when I talk about retro gaming.

Here? Damn yes I feel ancient, each day!

My very first video game was Dolphin 2600 on the Atari 2600. It was really hard, I mean, almost every atari game was really hard. Most of the people here have never played an Atari 2600, andmany don't even know what it is.

So yes, I do feel old here ._.

Reactions: PrimordialMew24 and J9794
I occasionally play bowling and tennis

when you talk about classic consoles to someone, do you feel ancient? xD

or maybe you still own some consoles from when you were a young kid. And when people see them they'd be like 'whattt? you got that???' xD
I do not, I know I am still a kid, the only old consules I had was my brother's, so maybe they're old?!

No, I feel young when other people talk about it though. I mean I'm still a kid and I wasn't in the era of Gameboys and GameCube and stuff, I had the Wii and DS instead. I've played some games from the older consoles and I love them, I wish there were more games like that now (but I still wish people would stop saying "OMG POKEMON/MARIO/WHATEVER SUCKS NOW" because it's not that bad...)

I showed my old SNES stuff to some of my friends and they said that they haven't seen one of those since they were like 5 or something xD

Only when I think back to the day my brother got a game cube, because that was the oldest Nintendo system of my time. Super Mario Sunshine and Super Monkey Ball 2 were the games we'd play for hours on end lel. Yep, I definitely feel somewhat old thinking about it. xP

My very first video game was Dolphin 2600 on the Atari 2600. It was really hard, I mean, almost every atari game was really hard. Most of the people here have never played an Atari 2600, andmany don't even know what it is.

My Dad had the Atari 2600. I remember how the Haunted Mansion game scared me when I was about 4-5 years old. Crazy how block pixels could scare me! I'm not familiar with the Dolphin 2600 game, but I do remember the games in general were very difficult.

Reactions: 2205
I think most of the games were made with Arcade in mind, and in Arcade the games were really hard so you would fail a lot and put moins coins in it.

Even though I'm 12, I like telling my friends about good games like Persona and such from PS2 and backwards.

They simply scoff at me.

My "friends" if i can call em dat are complete n00bs who just spend their day on their xbox one and the worst thing is that they only have A SINGLE GAME (and its gta 5) but when i try to talk to them abour old consoles and i show em my N64 they are like : "OMG OLDEST CONSOLE EVAR" and they think the N64 is the best thing because its the oldest console and dont give a crap about gameboy, NES and SNES, one of them also told me that gamecube was from the 80's

Absolutely ridiculous @Poyo

Reactions: Kakea
Absolutely ridiculous @Poyo
Its so true, i also never talk to them, i am only forced o talk to them on school because they follow me around

-.-

or maybe you still own some consoles from when you were a young kid. And when people see them they'd be like 'whattt? you got that???' xD

Yeah, sometimes I feel ancient:when I see kids asking for help on miiverse for a game I played before I'll sometimes say: "Back when I played that, we had no help. We had to learn how to complete the games ourselves! with no help, in the snow!" then I realize how old I am... :D

Are Atari and coleco stoped working few years back, but I did play some games on it.

I know what it is and have played it. I've played alot of old games that are my dads games. Though most of them I found boring because they are way older than I am there were some I liked. Though because I was so young I remember none of there names. One of them was Midtown madness. It was one of my favorites.

A little bit, yeah. xD I feel like I'm dating myself when I talk about the older games and systems, but that's usually only when I'm around younger people and talking about it. When I'm around older people, it just feels like reminiscing on those days.

Not at all! In fact, when most of my friends find out about my collection they go wide-eyed and state their jealousy :D

Not at all! In fact, when most of my friends find out about my collection they go wide-eyed and state their jealousy :D
Yeah, now's the age of old consoles. Once they added virtual consoles and even a few years before then, everyone got nostalgic about their old game systems and brought them out from the proverbial back of the closet. Now the younguns are all interested in our childhoods.

I am 19 and I'm calling people younguns. :oldman: I'm old now apparently.

Reactions: Slurk and Tho
Yeah, now's the age of old consoles. Once they added virtual consoles and even a few years before then, everyone got nostalgic about their old game systems and brought them out from the proverbial back of the closet. Now the younguns are all interested in our childhoods.

I am 19 and I'm calling people younguns. :oldman: I'm old now apparently.
Yeah, life's basically over when you turn 20 ;)

Back