Final Fantasy Explorers; a MHesque take on FF

• Thread starter 2205
  • Start date

Still annoyed...
Towns Folk
I know it's not a MH game, but it's pretty much the same gameplay, I've been told it wouldn't be a bad idea to post this here, because you guys (MH fans) might be interested in that game.

It has 21 classes from which you can pick up (I think, might be more) and it has online Multiplayer/coop as well.

It's coming out tomorrow in NA and this friday in EU. This is my original post if you're interested:

The game is coming out on the 26th in NA and 29th in EU.

Is there anyone here who plans on getting it?

I preordered my copy today to be sure to have one (since the last game I wanted I didn't and now I'm still unable to get it).

It looks like a Monster Hunger game with a Final Fantasy Skin on it, but it also seems like they changed a couple of design choices that I didn't really like in MH, so I'm willing to give it a try!

Reactions: 1599
I pre ordered my copy so I should have it within a week of release.

Reactions: SoProHunter
As you've heard me say already, I'm definitely going to get the game! I've been debating whether or not to pre-order it, but thankfully I have until this Thursday to decide on whether I want that theme or not on eShop. For you guys above that are getting it, @SunnyWindy @Furno , what class do you like the most? I'm probably going to be a Time Mage first, and maybe try out the Samurai, that class looks really cool!

Hopefully unlike Monster Hunter it won't suffer from sometimes ridiculous chances to get items/drops or whatnot, that really detached from the experience of MH.

I'm probably gonna chose what I think looks the coolest when I get it XD

The classes aren't all nlocked at first, and I'm not sure which ones are unlocked so I can't tell yet which one I'll pick, but I wanted to try Dragoon mostly and Monk!

2967183-embargoed+until+nov+18+at+900am+pst+-+final+fantasy+explorers+-+infographic+jobs+class+final+(4).jpg

The official english site is up too:

http://finalfantasyexplorers.com/

I've been looking at this game from the time when it was announced. I do -- at some point -- want to get Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate but I'd feel like Final Fantasy Explorers is somewhat more appealing to me. Would I be guilty of liking this game more than MH? xP

I haven't heard people talking about this game much here on Pedia though...

Reactions: Valkyri
I've been looking at this game from the time when it was announced. I do -- at some point -- want to get Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate but I'd feel like Final Fantasy Explorers is somewhat more appealing to me. Would I be guilty of liking this game more than MH? xP

I haven't heard people talking about this game much here on Pedia though...
We don't care if you like FF Explorers more lol
We'll just have to convert you :p

I'm debating on getting it since I heard it doesn't support 3D, but if it has a good review then I probably will.

I don't think the lack of 3D support should prevent you from getting a game, since it's not that at that that makes the game. ;)

I don't think the lack of 3D support should prevent you from getting a game, since it's not that at that that makes the game. ;)
True, I'm just not overly sure about the game itself yet and I really like my 3D XD. It's not like I wouldn't get a game I really want if I can't see it in 3D, it's just it's more compelling to buy it if it supports 3D.

But from what I've seen, it looks like a mix of MonHun and Fantasy Life with a FF theme so I'll probably be getting it.

Last edited by a moderator:
The game is out today, I'll pick it up later and tell you what I think, if I'm not too busy playing it XD

The game is out today, I'll pick it up later and tell you what I think, if I'm not too busy playing it XD
From seeing reviews they all seem to be around 7/10 and from Nintendo Life that's a decent score so I'll probably pick it up sooner or later.

On Metacritic, so far it has the same score as Fantasy Life had (73). I played up to the beginning of the second quest (lunch break is over) and it's way more simple than MH.

It looks like a good introduction to MH style games. I'll give it more thought once I've played more.

If it has the same score as Fantasy Life, then I'll probably get it pretty soon! I loved Fantasy Life.

I might get it sometime. The classes seem cool, I hope it isn't too simple, though.

Ok, I really like it. It's not the same as MH, but the quest system is pretty much the same.

I'm currently playing Monk :) I really enjoy the ability system and how you can customize your ability using Crystal Surges, it's quite neat.

However, there is no story, well, so far. Nothing. And it's repetitive, but not different from MH on that part.

Welp, I've downloaded it. Now all I gotta do is sit back and wait...
*stares 3DS screen*
Distribution notification - Days until release: 1
*staring intensifies!*

Oh there's a digital version available? I see you have to wat one day so... EU?

Yup!

Well, I hope you like it, so far I do!

It's way more welcoming than MH, but also it has depth specially with the abilities system =3

Back