Fire Emblem 14 (FE:If), What side will you choose ?

• Thread starter D4rkDragon
  • Start date

Which side will you choose ?

• Hoshido have the better characters for me.

Votes: 6 40.0%
  • Nohr has For Glory, so it can only be awesome. (SSB reference/joke ?)

Votes: 9 60.0%

• Total voters
D4rkDragon

D4rkDragon

Lemon Dragon
Towns Folk
So, as the latest trailer told us, in this game, your avatar (カムイ, Kamui in Romaji) is a Hoshido child who seems to have been raised by the Nohr side. And, as you noticed it, there will be a war against those two, and you'll have to make a terrible choice: choosing a side.

Hence today's question: Which side will you choose, regardless of features ? Hoshido, lead by Ryouma (リョウマ) or Nohr, lead by Marx/Max (マークス) ?

(Just for the epicness/stressful situation, allow me to post that picture featuring all of the characters staring at you)

RDsmXsi.png

(Oh, and let's not forget that there might be a potential "neutral" ending coming up as a DLC later, according to the Japanese ND...)

Nohr, I can't stand fighting against the "Onii-chan!" girl so...
Also, I want to experience the "new" gameplay Bill talked about
I don't really prefer For Glory stiled stuff tho :/

Reactions: D4rkDragon
Oh and that kanji you said isn't the kanji for Marx, that'd be マルク so I guess his name is Max?

Nohr, I can't stand fighting against the "Nii-san!" girl so...
Also, I want to experience the "new" gameplay Bill talked about
I don't really prefer For Glory stiled stuff tho :/

That was a joke, or a reference to SSB4, considering For Glory seems to be the harder mode.
And yep, the "onii-chan!" thing is a emotional rollercoaster. But my body is ready, and a decision have been made.
Oh and that kanji you said isn't the kanji for Marx, that'd be マルク so I guess his name is Max?

Yep, maybe. Details are unknow, but a guy at NeoGAF supposed it might be Marx.
Also, the katakanas you posted mean "Marc". @Marc, seems like you've been tagged !

No I know it was just a joke XP
I was just saying that my choice isn't because of the competition thing

Easily Nohr for my first playthrough, but I'll most likely end up playing all of them eventually. I hope it's as different as they make it sound.

I can't pick. Not yet. Just on looks, I like Nohr better but I know hardly anything about either side yet. The fact that the Nohr game will be harder kind of frightens me. Judging by FEA the game is hard enough already. :confused: I like the neutral perspective the most at this point but I suppose that you have to pick a side first. Which is why I want the special edition; al sides and bonus stuff for less than the price of the two games combined.

I would say that I really don't know what to choose if I got the game . I really don't like things too easy or too hard . So I think I would wait until there is actually more information on this . But still , since I'm not sure , I think I will go for the Hoshido side . I'm so excited for that game >.<

Nohr! Im all about that glory tho. I hopw you can choose all of the sides including the new neutral one in the retail game though. I dont like the idea of just being able to choose one side and buying the others as dlc. I would want to play all of the sides without playing

So, as the latest trailer told us, in this game, your avatar (カムイ, Kamui in Romaji) is a Hoshido child who seems to have been raised by the Nohr side. And, as you noticed it, there will be a war against those two, and you'll have to make a terrible choice: choosing a side.

Hence today's question: Which side will you choose, regardless of features ? Hoshido, lead by Ryouma (リョウマ) or Nohr, lead by Marx/Max (マークス) ?

(Just for the epicness/stressful situation, allow me to post that picture featuring all of the characters staring at you)

RDsmXsi.png

(Oh, and let's not forget that there might be a potential "neutral" ending coming up as a DLC later, according to the Japanese ND...)
*breathes heavily* They're... all.... staring.....

This is harder then choosing a starter :p

The girl on the left is blonde, I'll choose whichever side she's on xD

btw which side is which? >.>

I don't care about any girl except THAT dancer :p

Honestly I prefer Hoshido's side to Nohr, since that samurai guy is awesome with lightning sword.

But Nohr's side would be interesting since it's more complex to have a revolution.

But they're going soft, I guess it's not something dreadful like Law/Chaos ending in SMT series. Still, I will play both side (and the 3rd side, too)!

*breathes heavily* They're... all.... staring.....

This is harder then choosing a starter :p

The girl on the left is blonde, I'll choose whichever side she's on xD

btw which side is which? >.>
She's on the Nohr side. So, Nohr side, I guess ?

I don't care about any girl except THAT dancer :p

Honestly I prefer Hoshido's side to Nohr, since that samurai guy is awesome with lightning sword.

But Nohr's side would be interesting since it's more complex to have a revolution.

But they're going soft, I guess it's not something dreadful like Law/Chaos ending in SMT series. Still, I will play both side (and the 3rd side, too)!

Same. I think the fact that you have two endings (and probably a 3rd one) is something that'll give the game re-playability value, just to know what happens on the other side.

She's on the Nohr side. So, Nohr side, I guess ?

Same. I think the fact that you have two endings (and probably a 3rd one) is something that'll give the game re-playability value, just to know what happens on the other side.
OK xD She's the only I like ATM xP

Last edited:
Nohr! Im all about that glory tho. I hopw you can choose all of the sides including the new neutral one in the retail game though. I dont like the idea of just being able to choose one side and buying the others as dlc. I would want to play all of the sides without playing
The three sides are not just 3 dlcs', as they made clear in their statement these sides are three individual different complete games. So it would be ridiculous to throw them all in one package...like the special edition does. I know which version of the game I want. :p

Hoshido or Nohr? My answer is yes. :cat:

That's the best answer I heard yet. :p

Reactions: Neofang64

Reminds me of that moment in Pokémon where somebody asks you where you're coming from, and you can only say 'Yes' or 'No'. xD

The three sides are not just 3 dlcs', as they made clear in their statement these sides are three individual different complete games. So it would be ridiculous to throw them all in one package...like the special edition does. I know which version of the game I want. :p

Well, the 3rd storyline won't have a physical version, so, theoretically, it is a DLC, but FE:If Nohr/Hoshido will have physical versions, and the boxarts even have been revealed for the Japanese versions:
814RvDgsnwL._AA1200_.jpg

Romaji Name: Faia Emburemu If Byakuya Okoku
81WP1YldkkL._AA1200_.jpg

Romaji Name: Faia Emburemu If An'ya Okoku
Also, on both boxes seems to be characters that haven't been shown in the trailers. But, dat black "Nintendo 3DS" border on the side makes the box arts even more cool.

Reactions: Neofang64
I think I'm going Nohr, parcially because I like loyalty before bloodline, and the art on the box has the girl avatar. I like the different take on the storyline that Nohr seems to be going for. I also just really want to fight the lobster guy.

Wait, the different sides are separate games? D:

Wait, the different sides are separate games? D:

Apparently, yes. However, unlike Pokémon, the system is a "buy one, get a discount on the other".
Plus, in the collector edition (Japan only for now, $92), or if you buy the 2 games, you get a 3rd storyline (supposed neutral, where you go with neither Nohr or Hoshido).

Back