Fire Emblem newbie advice?

• Thread starter Tri-force64
  • Start date
Tri-force64

Tri-force64

An Incomplete Joke
Towns Folk
I'm new to the fire emblem franchise, and my friend told me Fire Emblem: Awakening is a good game, so I tried the demo, then bought the full game. I kinda wanna make sure that when start this game (some time about now) I'm prepared for it. So if any of you have advice for me starting this game (like dlc, updates, etc.) I would gladly appreciate it.

Check the bonus box when you first start. Also, watch out for Gauis, Libra, and Tharja. Gauis and Tharja are actually enemies you need to talk to to recruit. basicly, you kill them, they're gone unless you restart the chapter. Libra is an ally you need to talk to to recruit her. It's really easy to miss that you can recruit them on your first run. Also, DLC is more of endgame purposes, doesn't consist of a lot of storyline. What I would suggest is buying Golden Gaffe and EXPonential Growth DLC pack. (The pack includes another map, but it's fairly hard).

Reactions: Tri-force64
Thanks, I probably would've killed them if not for you. New recruits, here I come!

No problem. I killed them on my first profile, and wondered why it was all dramatic like a unit defeat net scene.

You'll get an option to raise a warrior's class level, wait until your warrior is at lvl 20 (max level) before doing this. It allows you to get more stat raises without to much extra work.

@Marc this is your call; someone who wants to know more about Fire Emblem Awakening! :D

Reactions: Marc
So if any of you have advice for me starting this game (like dlc, updates, etc.) I would gladly appreciate it.
Go Hard (the difficulty) or go home. Normal is too easy, trust me. I know people who played normal and got bored of the game and when they tried hard, they thought it was a totally different game.

Plus you'll unlock lunatic right away after beating the game on the hard difficulty.

No problem. I killed them on my first profile, and wondered why it was all dramatic like a unit defeat net scene.
I didn't know how to recruit them at first so I killed Gaius :'(. I actually play on normal and think it's pretty though but I'm a filthy casual. I'm going to try hard when I finish the game.

Thanks! It'll try hard mode, though I'm a little scared if classic mode. Blood shall be on my hands.

Just restart the chapter if an ally dies (I do that too)

Libra is an ally you need to talk to to recruit her.
Libra is a guy...

Libra is a guy...
Jup. At first I though he was a she too but then after battle there was this interesting conversation that made clear Libra is a guy. :p

Don't rely entirely on Frederick. He levels SUPER slow. Also, heal people as much as possible for sheer training for Lissa or whatever other healer you have...

Don't rely entirely on Frederick. He levels SUPER slow. Also, heal people as much as possible for sheer training for Lissa or whatever other healer you have...
I try not to rely on Fredrick too much, but it's hard! He's so OP, insta kills enemies in one hit! He is 2 levels below my character, yet his stats are way better. He blocks most attacks that come his way.

Use seals! I like the masterseal more than the second seal but by using multiple second seals and then a master seal your characters get immensely strong.

I try not to rely on Fredrick too much, but it's hard! He's so OP, insta kills enemies in one hit! He is 2 levels below my character, yet his stats are way better. He blocks most attacks that come his way.
If you're in a tight spot, he's good, but he sucks at the end of the game and if you use him a lot, your other characters won't level and then good luck.

Umm..... can someone fill me in? I just bought FE:A....

My unit countered and he died o/

Help, needed.No strong units.Guide e pls?

If you're in a tight spot, he's good, but he sucks at the end of the game and if you use him a lot, your other characters won't level and then good luck.

And other player I can use beside him cauz he is the only one who destroys....

And other player I can use beside him cauz he is the only one who destroys....
Surviving is key, not destroying. Level people up, don't go for OHKOs.

Back