Fire Emblem newbie advice?

• Thread starter Tri-force64
  • Start date
Surviving is key, not destroying. Level people up, don't go for OHKOs.

Will try...thank you :)

Reactions: PersonSP
Make sure that you have your best units and don't forget to grind your weaker characters. I also recommend that you use tonics that increase your stats for one chapter. I did that and I had the best results yet.

You don't need to beat hard for Lunatic :p you just need to beat Lunatic for Lunatic + ;-; but if you don't want a unit to suck use a Master seal to promote then once they get to level 15 to get the skills from that class use a second seal to reclass them to a level 1 promoted class and get the skills from that class and repeat. Also if you ever have trouble getting to a unit or saving them like an ally to recruit a rezcue always comes in handy. Of course if its Casual then you just need to recruit them first then it should be fine if they die but only on Casual. And by recruit I mean talk to them with Chrom and have them turn blue. Just a tip btw but some units you can recruit will stay allies(green) or enemies (red) until the end of the levelor the certain requierments are met. If you need any help with how to recruit a unit then ask me. I would say some of the harder ones to figure out but spoilers.

Make sure you are informed about support conversations. This is very important.

Bro start with hard and classic, in the start you will be tempted to use Fredrick to kill everyone as he is at a higher level than most enemies in the beginning ... Don't ! you are better off making yourself and weaker team members stronger and level up as it will be harder later on

Bro start with hard and classic, in the start you will be tempted to use Fredrick to kill everyone as he is at a higher level than most enemies in the beginning ... Don't ! you are better off making yourself and weaker team members stronger and level up as it will be harder later on
I can see you recommending Classic mode, but why Hard? To a new player, that would be extremely difficult.

I can see you recommending Classic mode, but why Hard? To a new player, that would be extremely difficult.

Well when I first got fire emblem awakening without a thought chose hard and classic and im glad i did because each battle is now like a life and death battle against real people - basically hard mode makes you properly play the game making strategic moves and in hard you cant really afford mistakes or they will kill someone XD so far ive still got all my characters living (of course restarting quite a few times ;) )

Back