First Wii U game

• Thread starter Kakea
  • Start date
Kakea

Kakea

Survivor
Towns Folk
If I get a Wii U now what's the first game I should get(Eshop games too)

If I were you, for retail (or digital) I would start off with either New Super Mario Bros./Luigi U or Super Mario 3D World (if you're into the Mario Franchise first of all). These games are fun games to play through and they have a lot of things to collect throughout the levels. Me being a perfectionist at times, this is crucial for me lol. Or if you want instant excitement, go straight for Mario Kart 8.

Now eShop games are a different story. If you're looking for somewhat inexpensive titles, I suggest Virtual Console games such as Super Mario World or Super Mario Bros.. If you don't care too much about prices you can buy a high quality eShop game like Armillo or something. It's more difficult to suggest games on eShop because there are so many games.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kakea
Thanks! Now I need a Wii U...lol
D:(sniffs...)

One of those Mario games is a common choice to get started with, but Mario Kart 8 is a game that I'd recommend if you're only getting one game and the console. After you beat the Mario game, it's over. Once you finish the single player gameplay of Mario Kart 8, you can always connect to the Internet and play against other racers for never-ending fun.

Originally I never bought Mario Kart games but I'm thinking about playing since Link is a playable character!

I think ZombiU is decent. Especially at 10 bucks, the average you can buy it online now it seems :) Also all Mario games seem to be good choices. Rayman Legends is excellent.

I think you should either get zombiU or maybe some kinda rpg cause rpg and fps are amazing on wii u especially with dual screen. like heck split-screen games pwn too especially like how on warriors orochi 3 hyper player 1 can play on tv and player 2 on gamepad or optionally both split-screen whatever you prefer to select.

I would suggest a Zelda game, Zelda was one of my first starter games ad I liked the free roam ability that many games lack now. Zelda is a game where you plays the mighty warrior from hyrule who's name is link (a kid in many games) you go throughout the world plunging into deep dungeons and battling puzzling boss fights. I loved mine and the only regrets I had is that it was so short.

Lego City Undercover is a fun Wii U game, it has lots of comedy, and a lot of Nintendo reference in the game. I found it quite fun to play, and if you try to get everything in the game makes it even more fun to play. The first game I got for the Wii U was Assassin's Creed 3, I got that game before the Wii U even came out.

Is Earthbound alot of money that's on the list of games I want to get!

Earthbound is a tiny bit more than the average SNES VC but it's totally worth it! BUY IT! :)

Reactions: Artisan and Kakea
I can't wait:I already played Earthbound Zero and Mother 3 so I know the how it starts,end but the middle....I need to see it!

Well, considering you can get the Super Mario 3D World + Nintendo Land bundle on this holidays, my recommendation would be for Mario Kart 8 or Super Smash Bros. for Wii U.

They will last a pretty long time and the online is active.

I'm thinking...Super Smash Bros first,I going to get the 3DS Smash Bros so I want I wanted that first so I could connect them!(I only want to buy Mario Kart 8 to play as Link)

Nintendo land really introduces you to what the wii u can do, plus, it comes with the wii u deluxe

I think I will do a list with the combos you can buy with a $50 card, I have a similar project with @TAG but due lack of time we won't talk about specifics combos at all, so...
Wait a few days and you will be able to see it.

I know it'll cost alot but now that I've Smash bros 3DS I'm hoping for Smash bros Wii U with it!

Games I recommend: Wind waker HD, Rayman legends, nintendoland, Hyrule Warriors, Mario kart 8, Super Mario 3d world.
There are also lots of good eshop games like Steamworld dig, Shovel Knight, trine 2 and lots of more
And finally, dont forget the Virtual console games like Super Mario bros, the legend of Zelda link to the past, minish cap and more!

I would just go with Super Smash Bros once it comes out. That will last for a really long time until you would have to buy a new game. But if you are planning to get a Wii U soon then I would go with Mario Kart 8, that lasts pretty long also (Being online and having the challenge of maxing out your VR) and with more and more DLC coming, it is the best Wii U game out at the moment.

I only got enough money for a Wii U alone, and I still have to wait (a rather long time) in order to get a game for it. Nintendo Land might be fun, but it gets repetitive faster than I actually expected.
If I were to get a game right now, it would definitely be Mario Kart 8, but in a few days Smash Bros will be released and as such I might consider both of those games. They will definitely last long enough.

Back