FNAF on 3DS

• Thread starter MLPD
  • Start date
MLPD

MLPD

The MultiLPDude
Towns Folk
Who on here thinks Scott Cawthorn should get in contact with Nintendo and other hand held game development companies and make a 3DS and Wii U version of FNAF (unless you can homebrew it on)

I think that there is a low possibility that something like that would happen since the game is more of a PC game and it wouldn't really fit in as a game for the 3ds or Wii U . Besides , I don't think that it might do well in sales since Nintendo's audience is Mostly for children , though I can doubt it that it can happen , since there are horror games for the 3ds / Wii U

I can't see FNAF being able to function on a 3ds (integrating the touchscreen as well as the top screen), but knowing Scott, he could make it work. FNAF would probably be better suited for Wii U anyways, since the gamepad could be used like the tablet to check the security cameras. FNAF being on the 3ds would be interesting, to say the least.

To be honest I don't really get the Five Nights at Freddy's hype, there are so many better horror games out there *cough Amnesi cough* I don't think that they're gonna make a 3DS port, mainly because I think the hype will be over in a few months time like Slenderman. And it isn't really a game with a story and it's pretty short.

...But considering that they made an Angry Birds 3DS port, nothing is impossible :p

I was thinking about this topic too, and I decided it really wouldn't work, as Nintendo's products are all Child - Friendly, and they try hard to make nobody have seizures/faint. And really, I couldn't see a 3DS version of FNAF 1,2, or 3 especially. They're all point and click, unless someone coded the game to react to the button controls. And honestly, I'm too scared to play it, as will many other 3DS owners. It wouldn't be worth the effort.

I was thinking about this topic too, and I decided it really wouldn't work, as Nintendo's products are all Child - Friendly, and they try hard to make nobody have seizures/faint. And really, I couldn't see a 3DS version of FNAF 1,2, or 3 especially. They're all point and click, unless someone coded the game to react to the button controls. And honestly, I'm too scared to play it, as will many other 3DS owners. It wouldn't be worth the effort.
latest

Not so sure about child-friendly :p but I get what you're trying to say.

Well lets be kind of realistic here, Nintendo is generally a family friendly, child friendly console, they don't really mix with many horror games at all for this reason, among others i would guess. In general, the storyline and gameplay of the FNAF series is kind of boring after few hours of each game in it's trilogy, and considering the price, especially if Nintendo had much say in it (unless it was a watered down version) would be quite high.
And also, there are a few factors to the game just not being good on the 3ds, for example, the screen is quite small and texture quality on the 3ds is kind of low in comparison to the Wii U, a console that could and would run FNAF to its full potential, the game being ported to the 3ds wouldn't be that scary and "enjoyable" as the game for the pc would be. The 2nd screen (or the touch screen) would probably be used as the map-pad, which takes out the fun of pulling it out to check and putting it away again, to sometimes find a jumpscare, this was a kind of funny feature they added as to see people's first time reactions, and it would most likely be taken away if it were ported. A lot of the features such as this that made it "sort of unique" would probably be changed too which would just make the game feel less scary, which being scary is the point of the game, so it wouldn't be fun, probably more of an insult to the actual game series if i'll be honest.

@Moon Rain That Tuturuuuuu~~ gif you got there is more scary than the game would be in my opinion XD

Reactions: Moon Rain
Well lets be kind of realistic here, Nintendo is generally a family friendly, child friendly console, they don't really mix with many horror games at all for this reason, among others i would guess. In general, the storyline and gameplay of the FNAF series is kind of boring after few hours of each game in it's trilogy, and considering the price, especially if Nintendo had much say in it (unless it was a watered down version) would be quite high.
And also, there are a few factors to the game just not being good on the 3ds, for example, the screen is quite small and texture quality on the 3ds is kind of low in comparison to the Wii U, a console that could and would run FNAF to its full potential, the game being ported to the 3ds wouldn't be that scary and "enjoyable" as the game for the pc would be. The 2nd screen (or the touch screen) would probably be used as the map-pad, which takes out the fun of pulling it out to check and putting it away again, to sometimes find a jumpscare, this was a kind of funny feature they added as to see people's first time reactions, and it would most likely be taken away if it were ported. A lot of the features such as this that made it "sort of unique" would probably be changed too which would just make the game feel less scary, which being scary is the point of the game, so it wouldn't be fun, probably more of an insult to the actual game series if i'll be honest.

@Moon Rain That Tuturuuuuu~~ gif you got there is more scary than the game would be in my opinion XD

The sizes of the 3DS XL and N3DS screens are quite big. Up to 70% bigger than the 3DS screens

The sizes of the 3DS XL and N3DS screens are quite big. Up to 70% bigger than the 3DS screens
It doesn't matter whether the screen of the N3ds/3dxl is a few inches bigger than the previous 3ds screens, the fact that it is still physically small,(a screen that is only 4.88 inches big diagonally in comparison to a normal computer 21 inch screen diagonally) means that the graphics and gameplay will be watered down, and this can be seen as unappealing to a lot of people who enjoy the FNAF series

also, don't know if this is completely correct, but i found this image of size comparison from the 3ds/xl to the N3ds/xl, and it shows that the size of the screens are not that far apart. WP4hbdG.jpg
Reason graphics would be watered down in a better explained bullet point:
  • the 3ds/xl and new3ds/xl only have a certain amount of pixels on the screen, so it cannot grasp everything that FNAF has unless the textures were brought down and were less "intense" and good looking, just because the screen might be bigger does not mean that the texture quality will be much better, even with the upgrades that come with the N3ds.

It doesn't matter whether the screen of the N3ds/3dxl is a few inches bigger than the previous 3ds screens, the fact that it is still physically small,(a screen that is only 4.88 inches big diagonally in comparison to a normal computer 21 inch screen diagonally) means that the graphics and gameplay will be watered down, and this can be seen as unappealing to a lot of people who enjoy the FNAF series

also, don't know if this is completely correct, but i found this image of size comparison from the 3ds/xl to the N3ds/xl, and it shows that the size of the screens are not that far apart. View attachment 5341
Reason graphics would be watered down in a better explained bullet point:
  • the 3ds/xl and new3ds/xl only have a certain amount of pixels on the screen, so it cannot grasp everything that FNAF has unless the textures were brought down and were less "intense" and good looking, just because the screen might be bigger does not mean that the texture quality will be much better, even with the upgrades that come with the N3ds.
Loads if world famous computer games got to 3DS and Wii U. Club penguin and some other online and PC games got onto Nintendo consoles within a year of release!

Loads if world famous computer games got to 3DS and Wii U. Club penguin and some other online and PC games got onto Nintendo consoles within a year of release!
Yh but has it been a year yet? no so it still has a few months left till it's first birthday to get onto 3ds and wii/wii u to beat club penguin

FNAF would work better on the Wii U, yeah thats a realistic approach but the 3ds just wouldn't be able to bring that "scary flare" that the game has to offer in my opinion. Some of the games that were ported to the 3ds from the PC were terrible remakes, i had the origional Club Penguin game for the ds, i thought it was kind of poorly made in comparison to the online game on the PC, sure the game did have some little mini games that lasted about 20 minutes before it became boringly repetitive, but the game was just, like i said, not as good as a game for itself, but more as a minigame port with a little backstory.

@Artsy_, you do realize that FNAF is also on mobile devices, right? Some of the devices being no bigger than the upper 3DS or XL screen. Mobile versions run on less than 520 megs of ram, so the 3DS would more than likely be able to handle it. Pixels are probably the least of Scott's problems when creating a port.

@Artsy_, you do realize that FNAF is also on mobile devices, right? Some of the devices being no bigger than the upper 3DS or XL screen. Mobile versions run on less than 520 megs of ram, so the 3DS would more than likely be able to handle it. Pixels are probably the least of Scott's problems when creating a port.
Yeah, I agree. My old phone had a screen smaller than the original 3DS and it could run FNAF easily

@OopaMazo i already know its on Android/IOS *facepalm*, it is buggy and glitchy for a lot of people, for example there is apparently a bug on it at the moment which kicks people from the game, e.g.
"Sam Nading February 1, 2015

There was a bug once when I press continue it would allow me to go to the phone call but then once I looked at the camera it would go to the home screen PLEASE FIX THE BUG!!! And then I will rate it 5 stars PLEASE!!!"
"Kel Vickers April 29, 2015

I loved it but there's a glitch please fix it I love this game. It never gets old and it never fails to scare me but for some reason this glitch keeps happening with the plushies on my desk. I bought them but they randomly disappear off of my desk for some reason and the only way to get them back is to go into the store and hit the "BUY" button which causes my game to crash. Please fix this Scott I already bought the plushies so they should be on my desk at all times. All your games are amazing Scott! Thanks and please fix this glitch ."

Also here is a review for the second game, pro's sound about right for avid mobile gamers, and so do the cons for people who came from the pc game. http://www.trustedreviews.com/five-nights-at-freddy-s-2-review

@OopaMazo i already know its on Android/IOS *facepalm*, it is buggy and glitchy for a lot of people, for example there is apparently a bug on it at the moment which kicks people from the game, e.g.
"Sam Nading February 1, 2015

There was a bug once when I press continue it would allow me to go to the phone call but then once I looked at the camera it would go to the home screen PLEASE FIX THE BUG!!! And then I will rate it 5 stars PLEASE!!!"
"Kel Vickers April 29, 2015

I loved it but there's a glitch please fix it I love this game. It never gets old and it never fails to scare me but for some reason this glitch keeps happening with the plushies on my desk. I bought them but they randomly disappear off of my desk for some reason and the only way to get them back is to go into the store and hit the "BUY" button which causes my game to crash. Please fix this Scott I already bought the plushies so they should be on my desk at all times. All your games are amazing Scott! Thanks and please fix this glitch ."

Also here is a review for the second game, pro's sound about right for avid mobile gamers, and so do the cons for people who came from the pc game. http://www.trustedreviews.com/five-nights-at-freddy-s-2-review

Mine works pretty well on android.

Mine works pretty well on android.
Maybe for you but other people are having problems :|

Maybe for you but other people are having problems :|
Saying that your arguing over a matter of my own opinion... Why did you start this?

Saying that your arguing over a matter of my own opinion... Why did you start this?
Saying everything you have said in reply to me is trying to argue over my opinion, why did you bother to reply? I stated what i thought because you asked for opinions, of course its natural for people to disagree with you, not everyone has the same opinion XD

Saying everything you have said in reply to me is trying to argue over my opinion, why did you bother to reply? I stated what i thought because you asked for opinions, of course its natural for people to disagree with you, not everyone has the same opinion XD
Well I was just giving an opinion on my end of the conversation. But you got into detail about the game makers and consoles. I was just talking about what IF ( keyword: if) it came to 3DS. Not that it would or could come to 3DS

Back