GameBoy Advance games coming to Wii U this April

• Thread starter BjFauble
  • Start date
BjFauble

BjFauble

Fighting in a Sack
Banned User
During today's Nintendo Direct presentation, Mr. Iwata announced that GameBoy Advanced gsmes will finally be hitting the Wii U Virtual console this coming April.

During the announcement, he stated that games like Metroid Fusion, Yoshi's Islsnd: Super Mario Advance 3, Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga and more will be coming to this service.

Are you glad that they are finally releasing them? Or would you rather them release GBA games on 3DS?

Reactions: 3dsatackman
See... I told so... 3DS get GBC games, WiiU get GBA games. I understand that this is an attempt to push WiiU sales (well, not really), or rather, to please WiiU users because there's still no outstanding title until now.
"So, WiiU be my Valentine?" XD

Reactions: Marc and BjFauble
I was hoping to hear this announced! Metroid Fusion will be a day 1 download for me. I hope the release rate is steady - the Virtual Console could use a shot in the arm.

I was hoping to hear this announced! Metroid Fusion will be a day 1 download for me. I hope the release rate is steady - the Virtual Console could use a shot in the arm.

Yeah. I would AT LEAST like to see one GBA game a week. That would be better than the one NES game a week we've been getting.

I do wonder how much they'll cost, though. Maybe $10?

I'm hoping they'll be priced in line with what SNES games were for the Wii. What was that, $8? (It's been so long since I downloaded a Wii VC game)

Maybe Nintendo will do a promo similar to when the Wii U VC first launched - Or some kind of bogo to introduce the GBA library for those unfamiliar with it.

During today's Nintendo Direct presentation, Mr. Iwata announced that GameBoy Advanced gsmes will finally be hitting the Wii U Virtual console this coming April.

During the announcement, he stated that games like Metroid Fusion, Yoshi's Islsnd: Super Mario Advance 3, Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga and more will be coming to this service.

Are you glad that they are finally releasing them? Or would you rather them release GBA games on 3DS?

So, no GBA Virtual Console for 3DS... :facepalm: :cry:
At least it will push (perhaps) the WiiU sales, given that she can emulate (almost) any Nintendo Gaming console.
But, I'm still disappointed that there will be no GBA games on the 3DS besides the 'Ambassador' context. (At that time, the 3DS was really expensive in France, so, it's a shame!)

I think this is the list:

April 3

• Advance Wars 1+2
  • F-Zero
  • Golden Sun
  • Kirby and the Amazing Mirror
  • Super Mario Advance 2: Super Mario World
  • Wario Ware, Inc. Mega MicrogamApril 30
April 30th
  • Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga
  • Mario Tennis Advance
  • Metroid Fusion
  • Kirby: Nightmare in Dreamland
  • The Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap
  • Wario Land Advance
I must say, it's an ok, line up, I wish they could have put in games like Fire Emblem: Sacred Stones, Breath of Fire, some of the really good RPGs that the GBA sported, I was really sad that they didn't announce this on the 3DS, but atleast you Wii U owners could have fun with it on the Gamepad.

They'll come in time I'm sure - the initial lineup already has a few good RPG's. I agree I'd like to see GBA games on 3DS as well. But I'm sure to enjoy them on the Wii U.

I think this is the list:

April 3

• Advance Wars 1+2
  • F-Zero
  • Golden Sun
  • Kirby and the Amazing Mirror
  • Super Mario Advance 2: Super Mario World
  • Wario Ware, Inc. Mega MicrogamApril 30
April 30th
  • Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga
  • Mario Tennis Advance
  • Metroid Fusion
  • Kirby: Nightmare in Dreamland
  • The Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap
  • Wario Land Advance
I must say, it's an ok, line up, I wish they could have put in games like Fire Emblem: Sacred Stones, Breath of Fire, some of the really good RPGs that the GBA sported, I was really sad that they didn't announce this on the 3DS, but atleast you Wii U owners could have fun with it on the Gamepad.

I think it's definitely likely that they'll put Sacred Stones on the Wii U. They already emulated it on 3DS so it can't be much harder to move to the Wii U.

I've never played Advance Wars but I've heard a lot about them - definitely looking forward to it!

I would definitely prefer GBA games on the 3ds, I don't think I want to play gba games on my 3ds it would feel silly, what was nintendo thinking they should put gba games on the 3ds and n64 games and other console games on the wii u.

Reactions: 3dsatackman
I'd prefer playing GBA games on 3DS too. But I'd rather play them on Wii U than not play them at all. Maybe Nintendo thinks they'll be a selling point for Wii U?

I'd prefer playing GBA games on 3DS too. But I'd rather play them on Wii U than not play them at all. Maybe Nintendo thinks they'll be a selling point for Wii U?

By judging a bit, you can consider that it'll greatly increase profits if they put the Gen III Pokemon Games on the VC, without counting also the Fire Emblem games... It can only be positive for Nintendo. :)

And I think that Nintendo will surely make the best-selling GBA games available on WiiU.

I was just Googling various stuff about it, and, Nintendo of Japan says the games will be 650 Yen - roughly $6 in the North America. I was expecting them to be about $10, so this is very nice!

Reactions: TAG and Reece
This seems really awesome! I'm just hoping a lot of the Fire Emblem games like Sacred Stones manages to make it to the eshop so that it isn't just limited to those that got the Ambassadors 3DS

As i was watching the Direct, i was looking at my copy of superstar saga i just bought off a friend that same day. I regret nothing. Anywho, i am excted for this. looking forward to playing some of those GBA gems again.

Well I hope Mother 1+2 and Mother 3 are in that batch of games being released for the U.S.

What's the point of releasing them on wii u after they released them for wii and n3ds?
My conclusion is one Nintendo wants to make money from everything and don't care about us players, they could at least made a 3d remake or add new story, gameplay etc...

What's the point of releasing them on wii u after they released them for wii and n3ds?
My conclusion is one Nintendo wants to make money from everything and don't care about us players, they could at least made a 3d remake or add new story, gameplay etc...

Only ambassadors have GBA games. Even then, it's a small collection. The Wii never had GBA in it's Virtual Console.

to anyone who isn't an ambassodor and wants to play gba games on there 3ds buy a flashcard I heard they can run gba games I'm not sure your gonna have to look it up

Well I don't like that i spend 100 extra money for some gba games that I have already played.

Back