GameBoy Advance games coming to Wii U this April

• Thread starter BjFauble
  • Start date
Well at least people will not have an excuse to play Visual Boys anymore. The guilt is on them (but only if Japan only games are translated).

Beond the labyrinth that games needs to be translated so badly because it's extremely wanted by many players.

Beond the labyrinth that games needs to be translated so badly because it's extremely wanted by many players.
But that's a 3DS game, not a GBA one (at least as far as I checked.) I don't know what to think if there continues to be Japan-only games.

Well Japan supports Nintendo probably more than all us foreigners, that's why they are japanese.

During today's Nintendo Direct presentation, Mr. Iwata announced that GameBoy Advanced gsmes will finally be hitting the Wii U Virtual console this coming April.

During the announcement, he stated that games like Metroid Fusion, Yoshi's Islsnd: Super Mario Advance 3, Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga and more will be coming to this service.

Are you glad that they are finally releasing them? Or would you rather them release GBA games on 3DS?

3ds should get them. it is a handhelp and it would seem more like the old thing. but i think that them might relese it for 3ds aswell.

A remake for wii u with Hd graphics would be better than that they release now.

3ds should get them. it is a handhelp and it would seem more like the old thing. but i think that them might relese it for 3ds aswell.
I agree, I mention this way to much. But the 3DS should get it as well, it would do no harm to the Wii U and will sell well, from the beginning Nintendo made it look like the 3DS will get GBA games through the Ambassador Program and many people thought it will be an addition the VC but I guess now the 3DS is selling so well they are hesitant, and now ported the VC to the Wii U, someone on Miiverse told me it will damage sales for the Wii U if 3DS gets GBA VC, and I don't think so.

Reactions: 3dsatackman
I personally as an ambassador feel like that those vames are useless and that I would sellmy 3ds with all those games for a new 3ds and a game but I don't think anyone really wants it.

I personally as an ambassador feel like that those vames are useless and that I would sellmy 3ds with all those games for a new 3ds and a game but I don't think anyone really wants it.
Woah, I wish I had those GBA games, Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones, Yoshi's Island: Super Mario Advance 3, Kirby & the Amazing Mirror. Those games were my all time favorite GBA games, the're amazing, but I guess since you played through them all already it got boring.

Reactions: TAG
Yeah and I have finished all of them in the past, so I wasted 100 extra euros on nothing aka Nintendo ripped me off.

They could give 2 options to ambassadors,1) to get the games or 2) to credit the 100 euros/dollars in their eshop account (The one I would choose).

Last edited by a moderator:
Nintendo didn't have to give anything at all! Most people appreciated the free GBA games. I can't envision any scenario where Nintendo would've offered such a large credit to early adopters.

Reactions: Reece
Nintendo didn't have to give anything at all! Most people appreciated the free GBA games. I can't envision any scenario where Nintendo would've offered such a large credit to early adopters.
I couldn't agree with you more, a lot of companies when distributing a new product barely offers it with something special, and to be honest those games were a top of the notch deal, if you add up those games (excluding GBA) you get your money back, compared to the price the 3DS was going at that time.

Reactions: TAG
The had to because they dropped the price fast after a little period of time when the console was released. This wasn't normal so they tried to 'fix' by giving ambassadors 'free' games. Btw all the old games worth for me no more than a dollar each.

Prices out now for North America's Wii U eShop lineup for the GBA VC:

April 3

• Advance Wars - Wii U, $7.99
  • Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga - Wii U, $7.99
  • Metroid Fusion - Wii U, $7.99
April 10

• Kirby & The Amazing Mirror - Wii U, $6.99
  • WarioWare, Inc.: Mega Microgame$! - Wii U, $6.99
April 17

• Super Mario Bros. 3 - Wii U and Nintendo 3DS, $4.99
  • F-Zero: Maximum Velocity - Wii U, $6.99
  • Golden Sun - Wii U, $7.99
April 24

• Yoshi’s Island: Super Mario Advance 3 - Wii U, $7.99

Personally, I would like Game Boy Advance games on the 3DS AND Wii U. This is mostly because the ambassador program for the 3DS when the system first launch has shown that Game Boy Advance games can run on the 3DS.

I also hope that SNES games also show up on the 3DS, and eventually, N64 games on both Wii U and 3DS.

Reactions: Reece
I am looking forward to getting Golden Sun, I loved those games. I wish my GBA and games was not stolen, that is why I like that I will get to play Golden Sun again.

I just learned that the Mega Man Battle Network series is coming to the Wii U virtual console in time. To be honest, I prefer to play it on my 3DS, but I really don't mind using a Wii U.

All in all, I'm happy.

I just learned that the Mega Man Battle Network series is coming to the Wii U virtual console in time. To be honest, I prefer to play it on my 3DS, but I really don't mind using a Wii U.

All in all, I'm happy.

It's confirmed for the Europe regions, I can't find if those will be released on North American...

But yeah, Capcom will release a lot of games of Megaman.

Never saw that coming i'll see what's the Gameboy Advance games look like and maybe i'll buy one who knows i'll think about it. And specially a Zelda game.

Back