Games on Nintendo consoles you can beat in a day

• Thread starter Marc
  • Start date
Marc

Marc

"Marc's the sugar daddy of gaming" - Artisan 2020
Forum Management
I remember finishing New Super Mario Bros. for DS in one day. It was kind of disappointing but I had a lot of fun playing it. I think I've also finished (or I could have finished) Pokemon Y in a day. I think at the time I was writing a review for it (if I didn't actually finish it in one day) hence the reason it might have delayed me.

So what are some games on Nintendo consoles you can beat in a day in your first playthrough?

Last edited:
I could play one of The Legend of Zelda games and finish it in a day, but I'd rather take my time and enjoy the story. To be honest I guess that reasoning would fit with any game I play, even if I've played the game hundreds of times I'd still just sit back and enjoy the story.

Reactions: Samster
Super Mario Land and Super Mario Land 2 can be beaten in a day unless you get game overs in SML2 which send you back to the start again but you can grind for 1Ups in a certain level so that's not likely. Joy Mech Fight on the Wii VC and Famicom (Jap NES) can be beaten in a day if you get used to the special move controls and are good at it. Maybe Kirby's Dream Land can be beaten in a day but I've never played it before so I don't know.

I can beat Pokemon Red, Blue and Yellow in one minute. There's a weird glitch that I can do to beat it in 0:00 time.

@Marc I beat New Super Mario Bros. in less than a hour. I can also beat Super Mario Bros. and Super Mario Bros. 3 in less than 20 minutes (with Warp Zones and Warp Whistles)

@Artisan Kirby's Dream Land can be beaten in less than a hour, and I did it.

Reactions: Duffy
It is possible to beat a lot of games in under a day, in fact many speedrunners can beat games in just a few hours. If you mean on my first playthrough though then I guess the game I beat on day one was none of them. I guess i mostly take my time because I can’t think of any games right now.

On your first playthrough?
I meant that I can, oops... I did that on my second try, because after I knew the shortcuts it was easy.
But I did that with Kirby's Dream Land on my first try (it's very short).

If you mean on my first playthrough though then I guess the game I beat on day one was none of them.
I meant first playthrough, yeah. I'll edit my first post.

Kirby Super Star and its remake are both super (pun intended) easy to complete in one day, much less beat. They're not very long or challenging, it's easy to get into the game, enjoy what they offer and be done with it in a few hours. While I felt a tad disappointed with how short they were the first time I played them, longevity doesn't automatically make a good game, and I'd much rather have a short and sweet game over a massive one that takes hundreds of hours, but ends up feeling like a chore or waste of time.

Reactions: Mikaya
Kirby Super Star and its remake are both super (pun intended) easy to complete in one day, much less beat. They're not very long or challenging, it's easy to get into the game, enjoy what they offer and be done with it in a few hours.
@ChewyPuck told me he beat Kirby Star Allies in 7-9 hours so I'm not really surprised.

Fossil Fighters can be beaten in a day. Since you can get a huge boost in experience for how well the dinosaur fossils are cleaned, your dinosaurs start at a very high rank (A full set of Smashing Success fossils should put you up to about rank 8, and the rank cap is 12). You can easily take down the enemies with a balanced and well-cleaned team right up until the postgame.

I beat super mario land in a short time due to all of the star road shenanigans.

I beat super mario land in a short time due to all of the star road shenanigans.
Super Mario World?

Whoops! Yes, I ment super mario world.

I remember finishing New Super Mario Bros. for DS in one day. It was kind of disappointing but I had a lot of fun playing it. I think I've also finished (or I could have finished) Pokemon Y in a day. I think at the time I was writing a review for it (if I didn't actually finish it in one day) hence the reason it might have delayed me.

So what are some games on Nintendo consoles you can beat in a day in your first playthrough?
ohh kay, well i cant remember much about any first playthroughs of nintendo console games that ive played, but i could probably finish super mario 3d world and mario kart 8 in a day provided i have enough spare time to pull it off. i could maybe finish pokemon sun/moon and ultra sun/moon in a day if i didnt spend time doing excess grinding, same with xy and oras as well. its pretty difficult to answer sometimes since ive almost always got stuff to do that would get in the way of something like this, but those are my most likely games to be a one-shot deal. havent played mario kart 7 in a while so hard to say much about that, but super mario 3d land is another one i could do a one-shot finish with only because of how familiar i am with it having used to play it all the time before i reorganized personal focuses :p

Fun fact: these games along with new super mario bros ds and new super mario bros 2 are some of my personal nintendo favorites, along with mario odyssey

It is impossible for me to beat a game on the first day I get it. Why? I like to take my time playing the game even in it only takes me three days. I have beat both Luigi’s mansions in a day. If you know what you’re doing it’s pretty simple. Pokémon is different. I have beaten y since you get two starter Pokémon it’s easy to win most battles and gyms are a joke. Sun moon took me 7 to 8 days to beat, and I had the medium difficulty starter . In sun in moon I chose the hardest starter and constantly get stuck in hard battles so who knows.

I almost beat star fox adventures (very good zelda game btw) in one day but somebody tripped over the cord and apparently I hadn’t saved in the seven hours i played..

Reactions: Mikaya, Duffy and Kadaj
I almost beat star fox adventures (very good zelda game btw) in one day but somebody tripped over the cord and apparently I hadn’t saved in the seven hours i played..
ouch, that really sucks >.< thats why i like people giving us an autosave in games (except stuff like final fantasy where i want a manual save so i can backtrack if im not strong enough to beat certain bosses, autosave would get me softlocked and keep me from going back in certain parts of the game which would be serious junk for these games in a case like this). while autosave is good for to keep from losing progress, final fantasy is an exception where i really dont want that sort of thing especially during parts where you have to keep going and cant go back until you complete said task

ouch, that really sucks >.< thats why i like people giving us an autosave in games (except stuff like final fantasy where i want a manual save so i can backtrack if im not strong enough to beat certain bosses, autosave would get me softlocked and keep me from going back in certain parts of the game which would be serious junk for these games in a case like this). while autosave is good for to keep from losing progress, final fantasy is an exception where i really dont want that sort of thing especially during parts where you have to keep going and cant go back until you complete said task
Yes. Auto save is almost necessary for me. Usually with portable games instead of saving i would put it in sleep mode for later and somebody will unknowingly turn it of or the battery would die. Autosave is great for when you don’t want to lose progress, but the option to backtrack is something some people like to have as well. Personally i think the best choice for any game is save points with occasional autosaves. Seeing save points usually reminds you “oh yeah its been awhile since i saved.” And if you are in a hurry and don’t want to stop fat a save point,the game could autosave before and after something major. I really don’t like pause menu saves only because its easy to forget to save unless you intend to turn off the console (and even then i have had moments where I press the power button and then think “shoot. I forgot to save.”) and if in a hurry you would probably forget anyway or leave it on so you can save later.

Reactions: Mikaya and Kadaj
I can beat the legend of Zelda: Phantom hourglass in a day. That was only after i played through it for the first time. Other than that i cant complete a game in a day.

As for the auto save. I really think it depends on the game. Some games benefit from manually saving while others benefit from autosaves. Choice based games benefit most from manual saving. While action games and some puzzle games are best if they auto save.

Reactions: Kadaj
Back