Games you like,but everyone else hates

• Thread starter T-Player Guy
  • Start date
T-Player Guy

T-Player Guy

Always think positively!
Towns Folk
Well,we've all probably came across some of those games.Specificaly,games that we do have some preference for,but the other who've played them are reminded with anger about when brought up.So then,I ask,what would your "guilty pleasure" game(s) be?(This is most likely to be one of the only places within the Internet where you can express this type of opinion without receiving negativity around your surroundings.Hopefully) :pompus:

I actually have a lot of those.Probably up to the point where some will question how I can like so many games like these.Well,I just simply do enjoy them more than the majority of others. :p
Either way,I'm going to confess some of my choices for the timebeing:
  • Super Monkey Ball Touch & Roll
  • Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games
  • Epic Mickey
  • Pokemon Black Version/Pokemon White Version
  • The Legend of Zelda Skyward Sword
Yeah,these are some oddballs for the viewpoint of many,but it's just my preference opinion who says the opposite for me statement-wise. :coffee:

Reactions: 18
I don't know if the first two are hated or just frowned upon.

My first one is Slender the Eight Pages, I love playing this for many reasons, I love the Slenderverse and Creepypasta and playing the game is always fun because I love the jumpscares. Not to mention I heard of Slenderman from Oma and Opa when I was like five and six.

Second would be Minecraft I love building houses and making towns in the game. It's fun though it can be repetitive.

The one I know is hated for sure is Five Nights At Freddys I know it was loved at first and then more games game out and then everyone hates it. I still like to play it because it's different and it spawned a whole new kind of game type (like Minecraft blocks were never popular before).

Reactions: T-Player Guy
Any Pokemon game. You may ask 'How can a Pokemon game be a ''guilty pleasure''?' I'll tell you a reason. Because my boyfriend doesn't like Pokemon games so whenever he comes over I grab my 3ds and start playing some Pokemon Rumble :D Another ''guilty pleasure'' game is Okami. I play it all the time and it often happens that when my boyfriend comes over he finds me playing Okami in my room and he's like ''realy, again?'' I feel ashamed sometimes but the game is so perfect :D

Witch and Hero on the 3DS eShop

All of the video games I like pretty much. Most of my friends hate video games :cry:

But if you mean "everyone" as in the Internet,
Pokemon Black and white
Pokemon gen 4 (pretty hated I guess)
Mario and Sonic at the Olympic Games
Super Smash Bros Brawl
Skyward Sword

So basically a modified version of your list. Most of the games I like are popular... They get a lot of hate, but the people who like it outweigh the people who don't.
Like Ocarina of Time... It's considered one of the best game ever to many people, but ever since Egoraptor made the vid about it people just love to hate it.

Then there's stuff like Undertale, Earthbound, and Minecraft that are so popular people just hate on the game and fanbase. But still the people who like it definitely is larger than the amount of people that dislike it

Ok I started ranting I should stop now
Byeee

• DemiKids: Dark Version and Light Version
  • Shadow the Hedgehog
  • Dead to Rights II
  • Several licensed games (Over the Hedge, Shrek the Third) because I played them as a youngin and didn't know any better and couldn't figure out what sucked about them, and now I like them just for the nostalgic value :p

Reactions: T-Player Guy and Skyshaymin
  • DemiKids: Dark Version and Light Version
  • Shadow the Hedgehog
  • Dead to Rights II
  • Several licensed games (Over the Hedge, Shrek the Third) because I played them as a youngin and didn't know any better and couldn't figure out what sucked about them, and now I like them just for the nostalgic value :p
Omg Shadow the Hedgehog personally was an awesome game. xD

I guess some to name might be

~Five Nights at Freddy's series
~Silent Hill 4, Origins, and Homecoming (they get a lot of hate for some reason)
~Mabinogi

Those are all I can think of right now, I'm sure there are more, but nothing else is coming to mind right now.

Last edited by a moderator:
-Paper Mario - Sticker Star: Decent game, putting aside the lack of plot and the issue with coins.

-TLoZ: Skyward Sword: Love motion controls, love Zelda. Love a Zelda game with the best expression of motion controls ever.

-Megaman StarForce 1-3: derided as a dumbed down Battle Network clone. It's gameplay is far more intense and reflex based, it actually has a plot with deep, complex characters.

My favorite are not hated per se... it's just that the graphic is non-existent and the learning curve has transformed into learning "cliff" the name of this game has been hailed as the most complex game of the century "Dwarf Fortress"
YzevDTs.webp

One of the stuff happened in the game told by the player as a story

Why would Pokemon Black and White be hated? It's like, the best main-story Pokemon game out there so far.

i love the dark souls series, but it seems many people dont like it. either bc it is too hard for them, or something. but i love demons souls as well.
another one, that i get hate over is the Battlefield series, everytime i mention it, i always get frowned upon, and then they say call of duty rules. but i do not care much for call of duty

The quality of Hero Siege is rather debatable. (Some guys like the game, others hate, and others say there's bugs in it.) But I enjoy its Binding of Issac-esq gameplay.

sonic 2006
if there wasnt any bugs maybe it could be a masterpiece (in my opinion)

Saint's Row IV

The Sims 4. Sure it doesn't have an open world. But the new building tools are sweet. I also like being able to squish peoples' faces XD.

Last edited by a moderator:
Alright

PC
The Sims
when people are playing games i am usually playing the sims . My current computer has all the sims games on it 1,2,3, and 4
And people who i know who play games and do not, they DO NOT play and Sims franchinse

Moble
Any game I bought
Most people have those pay to play games. The ones I play the most i bought
Doodle God series
Beat the Buddy
Kick the Boss
Bejeweled etc

Etc
Everyone i know either hates Pokemon, only knows Pikichu, has not seen the series, has not seen the movie, has not collected any cards
Anything related to Team Mario- Yeah people around me not only hate they do not know who Luigi is
When i start talking/playing about my 3ds - yeah that is just no going to happen Some people do not know what it is. People keep asking me is that a Vita or a PlayStation GO

Layers of fear. Ignored/hated on by most critics, youtubers mainly overlooked it/didn't understand it. It has a wonderful story to it though and even though it's not chock full of jumpscares or blood and gore, it's a masterpiece of a game and it's clever how you get to the 3 endings. The whole game only takes about 30 mins to play through yet I have like 13 hours clocked onto it :p

The dev team is also really nice as I contacted them multiple times talking about any bugs and stuff ^.^

PS: The DLC for it is so worth it as well, adds so much to the story and it's just simply amazing.

The second game would be minecraft. I'm not someone that plays it all the time, but the modding community is really nice and so are some networks as well. I've had my fair share of moderating on too many networks to count, quite a few pretty big ones as well, and each time (except for 1 network) the people where friendly and nice to each other. It was just fun to hang out with people ^.^ I rarely play vanilla minecraft but it's fun to see what you can do with command blocks and to mess about with them.

It's also fun to make your own plugins and mods for it :p

Like eonia I loved Sonic '06

The FnAF series and Undertale. I know Undertale is a game that's very popular and high rated, but plenty of people just seem to hate the game because of its extremely toxic fanbases or they just don't like the style of the games. I can say I'm not huge fan of the FNaF gameplay but rather it's the story line I love.

Almost everyone hates Mighty No. 9, but I love it so much. sure, 4 million bucks was a lot of mismanaged money but, not to be ignorant or anything, it didn't affect me from a financial standpoint because I never kickstarted it. $20 was good for me to buy a mega man spiritual successor. Now I wait for somebody to tell me something like "You're so ignorant its $4,000,000 of mismanaged money".....

In terms of story I'd say Sonic '06 even though I never played it. Maybe someday Sega will remake it and port it so it plays better so I could play it.
In terms of gameplay I'd say Brawl. Sure the response time from the controller to the game is very noticeable it's very adaptable and I think that's what balances the game and personally I think it's arguably the MOST balanced Smash Bros. title because of this reason. And keep in there is also "input lag" from Melee and Smash for 3DS with friends local or online and the Wii U version. Even though it's notably a tad less it's still there which could be a make or break for fighting games as the rest of them are probably way more responsive and just lack the easy to execute attacks and combos (Joy Mech Fight is a good balance of both I'd say but I never have experienced local play with it so I don't know).
Spyro Season of Ice? No one talks about it much and the one video I seen that mentions it lists the negativities of it. Not sure if it's hated (probably because of the isometric view and it can be hard to tell what elevation platforms are on) but you can deduce that by the color of the top of the platform when it really matters. It offers a good challenge if all you want to do is complete the game (and discover a glitch at the end in the process) and features decent music and longevity thanks to the added feature at the end.

Back