Games you like,but everyone else hates

• Thread starter T-Player Guy
  • Start date
Oninaki and The Princess Guide are two games that seemed to get mixed reviews, yet I enjoyed both quite a lot. Both are fun beat-'em-ups though I'll admit the former does have a bit of a frame rate issue unless you're playing Lucika.

Other than that, well, there were always those terrible licensed games I played as a kid. Childhood's joy blinded me in that regard. To me, I'd find as much enjoyment in a Toy Story platformer as an AAA game. Kids are so easily entertained, I suppose.

Now, here in the future, I've got a more refined taste and I feel I can more accurately determine whether or not a game is actually underrated, or even overrated. I know those licensed games really wouldn't hold up nowadays if I were yo go back to them... at least, if I wasn't blinded by nostalgia.

Either way, Oninaki and TPG's mixed reviews are quite undeserved. God Eater 3 seems to be mixed as well - is that a joke? GE3 was a great game, far better than quite a few of the bigger or more popular games.

seisou no amazones , doki majo plus and kimokawae are some games i like but many either. not know about or like.
i enjoy their music. , character design and voice acting.
although doki majo plus has a shootimg game called sstar radish , the main game outside of its battles is bland , but the game itself is somewhat better than the original since it is a remake.
they have their charms but are japan only games and will remain that way.
they are not unplayable like that old e.t. movie game or super man 64 but “at least doki majo” is rated low rating.
game back then had quite zany box art on the ds and 3ds.

I like raving rabbids tv party for the ds. It's hated cause it's a rabbids game and people hate the raving rabbids. which makes sense cause ubisoft put it over priority of raymans 25th anniversary.

I like the current Harvest Moon titles and couldn't get into Story of Seasons. I'm super odd one out in that regard. SoS was waaaay too tutorial heavy. I like the art style of HM's current titles, too. Pioneers of Olive Town (SoS) looks terrible graphic wise to me, and it's a total Stardew Valley knockoff story-wise. Now I know Stardew Valley isn't 100% original/is based off of HM to begin with, but come on... The Friends of Mineral Town remake was phenomenal though.

Back