Genshin Impact - Another Open-World ARPG Confirmed for Switch

• Thread starter Marc
  • Start date
Marc

Marc

"Marc's the sugar daddy of gaming" - Artisan 2020
Forum Management
The game has been confirmed to launch on PC, PS4, Android, and iOS. Now we know it's also coming to the Nintendo Switch console, but we don't have a release date yet or price yet.

nYakO9Q.png

Genshin Impact is an open-world action RPG, if you were wondering.

Genshin Impact Trailer:

The trailer doesn't show gameplay, but we have some details:
Genshin Impact, as an open-world action RPG title, set in the fantasy world of Teyvat, which offers a freely—explorable world, multiple characters, an in-depth elemental combo—based combat system and an engaging story. A mysterious figure referred to as “The Traveler,” players will embark on a journey of finding their long-lost sibling to piece together their own mystery, while revealing Teyvat’s numerous secrets. Joined by a lively companion called Paimon, players will explore the land filled with varied landscapes, culturally—diverse towns, and treacherous dungeons. By mastering the power of the seven elements with a custom party of up to 4 characters, players will overcome merciless foes and fiendish puzzles.

Genshin Impact previously locked down its availabilities for PlayStation 4, PC, and mobile platforms and now, Nintendo Switch has been added to this title’s chart of releasing platform in the future, releasing regions and schedules will be announced in future updates.
Sounds interesting and I'm hoping they release a gameplay trailer soon.

What do you think about the game so far?

Reactions: phofufury and EsmyTiānmó
it's a bit of an old trailer (august 1st 2019), and for the PS4 version, but here's a gameplay video. (turn on CC if you don't understand Chinese).

I heard about this a while ago, actually looks kinda fun. Sorta looks like BoTW.... but more anime and more filled out? There are multiple videos out there of the beta tests that where done last year if you want to find out more about it.

Reactions: Marc
it's a bit of an old trailer (august 1st 2019), and for the PS4 version, but here's a gameplay video
It doesn't look half bad.

Reactions: 28142
To be fair, this looks pretty good. I can definitely see a lot of BotW in this but if the world actually has stuff to do in it and not a load of repetitive dungeons to do, I'll probably get it. Think I'll wait and see reviews first though.

Reactions: 28142
I'm super excited for Genshin Impact! The combat looks like a lot of fun from what I've seen so far! Who else is looking forward to it?

We got new footage:

Looks really similar to Zelda BOTW's gameplay :eyes:

We also have a confirmed release date for all platforms except for the Nintendo Switch - Octoboer 2020.

Reactions: Alex
Wow, that looks strikingly similar to BotW. But more Anime. I'm sold.

Wow, that looks strikingly similar to BotW. But more Anime. I'm sold.
That is the PS4 version tho. I wonder how it'll look on the Switch.

Its been released on pc and mobile! (Not sure about consoles)

Its been released on pc and mobile! (Not sure about consoles)
PS4.

Reactions: Mizunil
Now we know it's also coming to the Nintendo Switch console,

THAT IS AMAZING

Sucks we won’t be able to transfer progress from PS4 to other platforms though.

Sucks we won’t be able to transfer progress from PS4 to other platforms though.
It's because of how PSN is really restrictive on smaller developers like miHoYo, it wouldn't be the case if it wasn't for Sony being a jerk

has there been any new changes on status of the game release on the switch..?
for a time i was starting to think that switch version was not real and i some how thought it was a thing from some article i dont fully remember.
this is a fun game and i decided not to wait and play it on ios and try it on pc , both good experiences.
they play well and look polished. the voice actors are cute and cool and the characters have good designs.
got into the game from japanese paimon elite four koga aoi ehe te nandayo line if hers it was really cute and gave the 21st centry navi from zelda feeling and reminded me a little of nonnonn jakuzure nani sore.

has there been any new changes on status of the game release on the switch..?
for a time i was starting to think that switch version was not real and i some how thought it was a thing from some article i dont fully remember.
this is a fun game and i decided not to wait and play it on ios and try it on pc , both good experiences.
they play well and look polished. the voice actors are cute and cool and the characters have good designs.
got into the game from japanese paimon elite four koga aoi ehe te nandayo line if hers it was really cute and gave the 21st centry navi from zelda feeling and reminded me a little of nonnonn jakuzure nani sore.
OK, so MiHoYo has confirmed already that the Switch version is in the words, but there are no confirmed dates, unfortunately. How is the mobile version on your battery? I'm quite curious and was thinking of getting it through QooApp but thought it would be way too intense for my phone.

I'm hoping it will be released on Switch sometime before my eventual death, but I've always been way more optimistic than I should. My laptop can barely run the game at all so I gave up. All I want is to see Lisa in HD.

• Funny
Reactions: Mizunil and Jisenku
I'm hoping it will be released on Switch sometime before my eventual death, but I've always been way more optimistic than I should. My laptop can barely run the game at all so I gave up. All I want is to see Lisa in HD.
Just make sure to not turn up the volume when playing in public >~<
ara araaaa

Just make sure to not turn up the volume when playing in public >~<
ara araaaa

I'm turning it up to the maximum volume. Who's gonna stop me? First of all, they'll need to beat me in hand-to-hand combat, and I don't give up easily.

Anyone who doesn't like Lisa is a heathen.

Back