Get sick from the 3D

• Thread starter Demon_skeith
  • Start date
Demon_skeith

Demon_skeith

Hiding in yo PC looking at yer files!
Towns Folk
When you use the 3D on the 3DS, do you get sick such as your eyes hurting or headaches? For me I know I can't use it for long before my eyes get strain.

Sometimes I play games for hours with 3D on max and my eyes are just fine, ;) However, there are a couple of people who borrowed my 3DS XL and said their eyes started to hurt because of the 3D.

My eyes got used to it, but I hope the so-called 3D effect isn't damaging my eyes in the long run.
I had a doctor's appointment today and when I took the eye test, I passed perfectly. Good for now.

Reactions: Marc
My eyes don't necessarily hurt when I play in 3D, but after playing all day with it on, I tend to remind myself to take breaks from it just in case it's doing something to my eyes. XD

Reactions: Marc
I get headaches after 25-30 minutes of using 3D. I generally leave the 3D off, and will occasionally turn it on for a few seconds to see how something looks.

and will occasionally turn it on for a few seconds to see how something looks.
In games like Animal Crossing: New Leaf, I have the 3D turned off. The 3D effects look nice, but I can't really take it for too long. Plus, it's tougher to fish and catch bugs with it enabled :bag:

In Super Mario 3D Land, I have it turned on. There are times I fall in the lava when trying to jump over it, and yes, I blame the 3D, lol. After turning it off, knowing where to jump is a lot easier.

In games like Animal Crossing: New Leaf, I have the 3D turned off. The 3D effects look nice, but I can't really take it for too long. Plus, it's tougher to fish and catch bugs with it enabled :bag:

In Super Mario 3D Land, I have it turned on. There are times I fall in the lava when trying to jump over it, and yes, I blame the 3D, lol. After turning it off, knowing where to jump is a lot easier.
I also find using 3D is a nuisance because you spend a great deal of willpower keeping the system steady so the 3D looks right.

I also find using 3D is a nuisance because you spend a great deal of willpower keeping the system steady so the 3D looks right.
That's when it starts to hurt my eyes. If I'm not watching it like how the booklet instructed, it's a pain. I got a custom to looking at it the proper way, so my eyes don't hurt again.

Maybe this is the problem that other people are experiencing... :unsure:

Reactions: Matthew
I've always been video game resistant :p

I could plays games for hours as far as I could remember, but some of my friends would start getting dizzy after 5mins :p

I've always been video game resistant :p

I could plays games for hours as far as I could remember, but some of my friends would start getting dizzy after 5mins :p
I can do that with a regular TV screen/DS screen, but when I use 3D, it just doesn't agree with my eyes.

I can do that with a regular TV screen/DS screen, but when I use 3D, it just doesn't agree with my eyes.

I've had no issue with the 3D at all. It took a few minutes to get used to, but after that it was fine.

I've had no issue with the 3D at all. It took a few minutes to get used to, but after that it was fine.
Do you constantly hold the DS correctly? Also, what intensity do you keep the 3D on?

Do you constantly hold the DS correctly? Also, what intensity do you keep the 3D on?

I used to change it depending on where I am and how much battery I had left :p When I was home and could charge it easily, I kept it on max intensity.

I gifted it to my sister and haven't played for months though. But I'll be buying an XL for Pokemon Y :p I hope I won't have any problem playing it.

I used to change it depending on where I am and how much battery I had left :p When I was home and could charge it easily, I kept it on max intensity.

I gifted it to my sister and haven't played for months though. But I'll be buying an XL for Pokemon Y :p I hope I won't have any problem playing it.
I wish I had your ability to use 3D. And I wonder if the bigger screen will have an impact on you being able to use the 3D. 0.o

I wish I had your ability to use 3D. And I wonder if the bigger screen will have an impact on you being able to use the 3D. 0.o

I've been wondering that too, I hope it won't o.o If it does, I'd probably just have to reduce it a bit :p

Reactions: Matthew
I leave the 3D off almost always, except for checking out the 3D effect for a few minutes. I don't think it gives me headaches, but my eyes don't feel as easy as they do in 2D either.

Same for me. Can't look at 3D for more than 20-30 mins max. It starts giving me headaches and weird eye strains.

You SHOULD not look at the Nintendo 3DS screen with 3D all the way up for more than 20-30 minutes at a time... I tried that... It just hurts your head, it is in the Health and Saftey Precautions too.

When you use the 3D on the 3DS, do you get sick such as your eyes hurting or headaches? For me I know I can't use it for long before my eyes get strain.
After using the 3d effect for 5 minutes I have headaches and eye hurting lol and sometimes I feel even more akward uhhh ahhh lol I don't use 3d effect anymore.

It makes me dizzy and my eyes feel weird/blurry. Sometimes I like to turn it off or keep it on half 3D. I never use the full 3D.

I try to play it as less as possible, maybe 20 mins at a time.

Last edited:
Back