Groudon and Kyogre - Mega Evo or Alternate Form

• Thread starter Marc
  • Start date
Marc

Marc

"Marc's the sugar daddy of gaming" - Artisan 2020
Forum Management
Do you think Groudon and Kyogre will have a mega evolution or alternate forms in the new Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire Pokemon games? Give reasons for your answer please, :)

gen-3-remakes-for-3ds.png

Some differences thanks to @Erixsan :

mega-groudon-kyogre.png

I personally think it'll be mega evolutions. If Mewtwo got megas these two deserve megas.

We'll probably find out this weekend (we're getting footage of the game)

I think it will have an alternate form instead of a mega evolution as , it's a remake of the old game. It doesn't fit right in if you have mega evolutions , since mega evolutions are only introduced in Pokemon X and Y but this is not , this is Pokemon Ruby and Sapphire it's a remake. What has it got to do with Pokemon X and Y.

Same as @JunZhi, I think it's alternate forms, like what they did with Giratina. Maybe there will be an item to change the form. As for Mewtwo, it was totally okay I think to give him access to Mega-Evolutions, but Kyogre and Groudon don't really need it.

By the way, the "pattern" on Groudon's arm is the symbol for Omega, in case where you don't know. But I wonder where could be Kyogre's "Alpha" pattern...

I don't find the changes to be large enough to be considered mega evolutions. And since I know Xerneas changed forms and had slight color changes to make it look like energy was flowing (in the horns). Also since these games are called Alpha and Omega and Arceus is the Alpha Pokemon then I'm hoping it's related to the games in some way.

Since they said the games are actually more like a remaster than a remake (It's still the same storyline, location etc) I doubt they'll be mega evolutions, simply because the story canon states that megas weren't a thing back then.

Since they said the games are actually more like a remaster than a remake (It's still the same storyline, location etc) I doubt they'll be mega evolutions, simply because the story canon states that megas weren't a thing back then.

Is there an official source for this? I looked around but I don't think Nintendo has confirmed whether it would be a remaster or a remake. So right now everything is possible.

Is there an official source for this? I looked around but I don't think Nintendo has confirmed whether it would be a remaster or a remake. So right now everything is possible.
I was sure I had read it, but I can't seem to find it. Maybe I'm misremembering >_>

I was sure I had read it, but I can't seem to find it. Maybe I'm misremembering >_>

Well so far its just websites speculating. Some are calling it a remake while others are calling it a remaster. Honestly, so far everything is pointing towards a remaster (taking the past games into consideration), but Nintendo didn't release enough information to make it clear.

I believe they are mega evolutions. A source states that Mega Groudon, Kyogre, and even Rayquaza were trademarked not too long ago.

they are mega evolution because the mega evolving is what's making a lot of fans now and action and look at the poster

Well so far its just websites speculating. Some are calling it a remake while others are calling it a remaster. Honestly, so far everything is pointing towards a remaster (taking the past games into consideration), but Nintendo didn't release enough information to make it clear.
Well Mega Evolutions in the remake of Pokemon Sapphire in Ruby sounds weird to me. Doesn't really fit right in , I guess the only thing that will change is the textures of the pokemons , the detailed graphics and the gameplay lighting and stuff.

Well Mega Evolutions in the remake of Pokemon Sapphire in Ruby sounds weird to me. Doesn't really fit right in , I guess the only thing that will change is the textures of the pokemons , the detailed graphics and the gameplay lighting and stuff.

The Groudon and Kyogre on the game cases kinda look like mega evolutions to be honest.

I believe they are mega evolutions. A source states that Mega Groudon, Kyogre, and even Rayquaza were trademarked not too long ago.
Yes, this is the image showing those that has been trademarked, not sure if it's real or not, it lists all the Mega Evolutions, and those that are highlighted has been added for this new Generation 3 remake:
tumblr_mwl77p_Qh4_E1r8sc3ro1_400.png
Plusle and Minun, now this should be interesting.

Anyways back to topic, I do believe that the box-art shows their (Groudon and Kyogre) Mega Evolution, and it's not an alternate form. I mean, what else can it be. I think they look amazing though.

Reactions: Memento Mori
Plusle and Minun Mega evos (but you say they might not be real :[ )!?! This sounds like the best idea ever! Can't wait to see them. :hungry:

Plusle and Minun Mega evos (but you say they might not be real :[ )!?! This sounds like the best idea ever! Can't wait to see them. :hungry:

Same here, they would probably be the best mega evos to use in multi double battles :p

Yes, this is the image showing those that has been trademarked, not sure if it's real or not, it lists all the Mega Evolutions, and those that are highlighted has been added for this new Generation 3 remake:
tumblr_mwl77p_Qh4_E1r8sc3ro1_400.png
Plusle and Minun, now this should be interesting.

Anyways back to topic, I do believe that the box-art shows their (Groudon and Kyogre) Mega Evolution, and it's not an alternate form. I mean, what else can it be. I think they look amazing though.
I hope it's fake, cause Swampert isn't on that list!

Well who knows, a lot of people were angry that Blaziken was the only Pokemon in the Generation 3 starters to get a Mega-Evolution, and now Sceptile has been added into the list. Plus, I think there will be more Mega Evolutions trademarked in the future, and Swampert will get his Mega Evolution soon.
I know right, they would be EPIC, I can't wait to see how they'll be in Double-Battles. :love:

Sap Sipper Swampert. I can taste its power already because it's so great. Either that or something that can be his signature. Maybe I've been thinking Steelix would get a mega evo because he evolves the same way as Scizor and both of them have 1st evos from Gen 1. Sableye is too good for one, just like Dragonite, but it's a possibility.

Maybe it isn't complete too.

Back