Contest Halloween Monster Mash Ups

• Thread starter PrimordialMew24
  • Start date
PrimordialMew24

PrimordialMew24

Custom Title
Towns Folk
Monster-Mash.jpg

Instead of screaming during this Halloween... How about laughing ......to death?

Create your own original Monster Mash Up, can be: hilarious, scary, clever, a pun, or a real thinker.

Rules

Draw (digital or pen, pencil, maker and etc.), sculpt, carve or anything else you can create to bring your Monster Mash Up to life.

Monster Mash Ups must be tasteful and be within Site Rules

No plagiarism or unoriginal ideas.

No copying anyone.

One entry per person.

Submit a photo (no more than 3 photos/renders per entry) with your Username in the picture.

Submitted entries should be in a spoiler.

All entries must be submitted no later than October 31st midnight (12 am Pedia time).

Winners will be announced later on Halloween day OR November 1st.

Extended deadline is November 8 (12:00 am) Pedia time.

Winners will be announced November 8th or shortly after.

Examples:
Cuthulu-Hulu dancer

Frankenstein + Incense = Frankincense (Zombie/Undead Incense)

Judging

Staff members who will be in charge of judging.
@Mikaya
@SpookHuntress
@PrimordialMew24
Criteria for the Judging

Creativity = 1 to 5 points

Effort = 1 to 5 points

Falls into one or more of the categories:
Scary
Funny
Clever
Thinker
Pun
1 point per category. Fitting into more than one category equals more points = 1 to 5 points.

Prizes

First Place: 300 PC's

Second Place: 225 PC's

Third Place: 100 PC's​

Last edited:
Reactions: Dowhat?, Arshan, Leafeon1010 and 3 others
Please, let me know if the image is broken.

Reactions: Kakea
How do you plan to give away 625 playcoins when you only have 152 yourself? Is this a pedia-sponsored official contest, that Marc or other staff members will be funding?

Anyway cool idea. I'm not very artistic, but if I think up a good pun or idea I may enter. :D

How do you plan to give away 625 playcoins when you only have 152 yourself? Is this a pedia-sponsored official contest, that Marc or other staff members will be funding?

Anyway cool idea. I'm not very artistic, but if I think up a good pun or idea I may enter. :D

Yes, it's a Pedia sponsored event. There will be an announcement in the shout box soon.

As for entering the contest you must "bring your Monster Mash Up to life" by any tasteful means possible. Heck you could bake a cake and decorate it too for that matter. Simply making a joke or pun and posting it really isn't putting in any effort, bring that joke or pun to "life".

Monster-Mash.jpg

Instead of screaming during this Halloween... How about laughing ......to death?

Create your own original Monster Mash Up, can be: hilarious, scary, clever, a pun, or a real thinker.

Rules

Draw (digital or pen, pencil, maker and etc.), sculpt, carve or anything else you can create to bring your Monster Mash Up to life.

Monster Mash Ups must be tasteful and be within Site Rules

No copyright infringement or unoriginal ideas.

No copying anyone.

One entry per person.

Submit a photo (no more than 3 photos/renders per entry) with your Username in the picture.

Submitted entries should be in a spoiler.

All entries must be submitted no later than October 31st midnight (12 am Pedia time).

Winners will be announced later on Halloween day OR November 1st.

Examples:
Cuthulu-Hulu dancer

Frankenstein + Incense = Frankincense (Zombie/Undead Incense)

Judging

Staff members (TBA) will be in charge of judging.

Criteria for the Judging

Creativity = 1 to 5 points

Effort = 1 to 5 points

Falls into one or more of the categories:
Scary
Funny
Clever
Thinker
Pun
1 point per category. Fitting into more than one category equals more points = 1 to 5 points.

Prizes

First Place: 300 PC's

Second Place: 225 PC's

Third Place: 100 PC's​
I'm not quite grasping this what's a monster mash up XD
I might enter >.>

As for entering the contest you must "bring your Monster Mash Up to life" by any tasteful means possible. Heck you could bake a cake and decorate it too for that matter. Simply making a joke or pun and posting it really isn't putting in any effort, bring that joke or pun to "life".

Yeah, I understood that. I was just meaning that since I'm not very artistic, I'd only enter If I came up with a good idea. If the idea was good enough, then I would actually try to make some art of it that looked good. :)

Please, let me know if the image is broken.

There is no image for me under Example if that's what you mean ;__;

There is no image for me under Example if that's what you mean ;__;

There weren't pictures for the example. I was referring to the banner only. In order to get the event up in time for a Halloween deadline I didn't take time to flesh out my examples.

I'm not quite grasping this what's a monster mash up XD
I might enter >.>

Simply take a Monster (doesn't have to be a Halloween specific monster) and splice it with another object, monster, animal, etc. Come up with a creative depiction of your Monster Mash Up. You can bake, draw, cosplay, carve a pumpkin, or anything else tasteful to bring your creation to life by putting effort into your idea. Also, your creation should fall into one or more categories: Scary, Pun, Thinker, Clever and or Funny.

Last edited:
There weren't pictures for the example. I was referring to the banner only. In order to get the event up in time for a Halloween deadline I didn't take time to flesh out my examples.

Simply take a Monster (doesn't have to be a Halloween specific monster) and splice it with another object, monster, animal, etc. Come up with a creative depiction of your Monster Mash Up. You can bake, draw, cosplay, carve a pumpkin, or anything else tasteful to bring your creation to life by putting effort into your idea. Also, your creation should fall into one or more categories: Scary, Pun, Thinker, Clever and or Funny.
So as long as I use my own idea can I involve a video game character like it's my own idea but I want to draw this character as a part of the ummm pun for example like my own monster is in it to

So as long as I use my own idea can I involve a video game character like it's my own idea but I want to draw this character as a part of the ummm pun for example like my own monster is in it to

That would be fine, as long as you make it your own.

I'm going to change 'copyright infringement' to 'plagiarism', this would cover a broader area as well as allowing more freedom at the same time.

I'm joining :3

Let's show some Spooky Spirit. I'm looking forward to seeing everyone's entries and more members to show interest.

Ooooh, fun! Definitely going to join!

Reactions: Mizunil
i will join sounds fun

i will join sounds fun

Great, I look forward to see what you make!

EVERYONE: There are two weeks (about) to submit your entries. Please, keep in mind the time it may take to create your entry. I look forward to seeing some creative ideas!

Reactions: Mizunil and eeveeruleslol
Great, I look forward to see what you make!

EVERYONE: There are two weeks (about) to submit your entries. Please, keep in mind the time it may take to create your entry. I look forward to seeing some creative ideas!
can it be a fish, lol

11 more day left before this event closes! Let's start posting some entries soon! I look forward to seeing great things! :)

Thank you

ima gonna join for you

Okay,
peeps-yellow-chicks-candy~k1710
time is now of the essence, only one week left to submit your entries!

Back