Has Anyone Played The Legend of Zelda for the NES?

• Thread starter Corey
  • Start date
lol i never played it but when i played a Rom version on computer i totally sucked at the game its kinda annoying of the controls and you then die so many times. The game is really nice to continue on and on so i would like the game for what it is and not what its bad about lol

I've played it (on the original NES) didn't finish it (like most people) can't decide if I like it or not though ;3 I got it off CN for the 3DS like 3 months ago, and have to admit it was a lot easier... Still haven't finished it although XP

I played it on the NES it was fun dying every second wasn't there only one heart back then? Anyway only reason I played it because it had gold paint and I was 10 so I liked shiny things I guess.

I haven't played it, but I Imagine it as being very difficult. I always get lost on the easy LoZ games like windwaker, so I'd probably be drowning in a river or something in this game.

I kind of miss the challenging, yet simple to play games in the old era. Ever thing seems to become easier as the times pass on.

Its one of my childhood games! lol This game is basically the 2D version of the 3D Legend of Zelda games we know and love lol This game may have easy controls, but, its down right difficult if you get far into the story lol The game is entirely a maze which you go to secret passages to unlock doors, stairwells, and collect the triforce and etc. Anyways, gameplay-wise, this game has easy controls, but the game level itself is difficult on the long run

This game was an impressive feat for it's time and featured new things in gaming. Unlike Zelda games today, which feature heavy plot lines and many characters, this game gave minimal hints on where to go and it was up to you to decide where you should go, this promoted challenge among gamers and one of the developers never finished the game because it was so difficult.

Yes. It has that basic NES challenge, lots of little things to remember along the way, and has a lot of room for exploration. I've only gotten to the first dungeon in both quests but it appears you get more useful items early in the Second Quest for more room for puzzle solving.

well I first go into Zelda with the first game on my 3ds. that's when I knew the game was amazing. I have never finished that title but I do play lots of loz now because of that game. I suggest you should try it out or try ocarina of time because those are great games to start your journey to the foren land of hyrule.

I played it. Lots of cool glitches.

I played the GBA port if it, and it was hard. This was literally the hardest Zelda game I had ever played, and I tend to get lost easily. But some of the items were cool. The candle did something I never though it would do, and that was being able to shoot fire. Even the boomerang travels across the whole screen, not even being interrupted by a tree or bush. The dungeons weren't very easy to find.

I have actually played this game on my brother-in-law's old NES, and I can say that it must have been a truly magical experience back in the day, before you hd the internet to spoil things or tell you the locations of stores or dungeons or how to solve certain puzzles within the game.

Back