Help me build a team around:

• Thread starter 3905
  • Start date

Nintendo 3DS Legend
Towns Folk
Okay so I IV Resetted a bit for the new Event Jirachi, and I got one that was Jolly Nature with IVs 24/31/25/9/31/31. Here is the set I plan on running with it:

jirachi.gif

Jirachi @Choice Scarf
Serene Grace
Jolly Nature
252 Atk, 4 Def, 252 Spe
-Iron Head
-U Turn
-Fire Punch
-Healing Wish

I basically want to abuse the Serene Grace and try to get some flinches on my opponent. Other moves serve as coverage, and Healing Wish is a last minute sacrifice so another Pokemon will be safe

Last edited:
Jirachi @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Iron Head
- U-turn
- Fire Punch
- Healing Wish

This set is pretty much your same set, but improved
Kings Rock doesn't work in moves that already have Flinch chance, so is a waste of item here
Choice Scarf makes Jirachi the ultimate Fairy killer, and a decent revenge killer

Pokémon that apreciate Jirachi's help are Pokémon that have trouble handling Fairy types and the Lati twins.
Set up mons that apreciate the momentum that Jirachi gives, and Offensive mons with no way to heal like having Jirachi in the team too
While Jirachi likes Pokémon that can handle the stuff that resists Steel (Fire, Water, and Steel mostly)
JIrachi also have problems against defensive cores.

Something that can team up with Jirachi is

manaphy.gif

Manaphy @ Leftovers
Ability: Hydration
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Tail Glow
- Rain Dance
- Scald
- Energy Ball

Manaphy handles really well the stuff that annoys Jirachi, takes on defensive Pokémon, while Jirachi takes on offensive Pokémon, gives him momentum and can revive a sweep with Healing wish.

The other 4 mons... there are too many options too choose, and I'm too lazy to do it right now.

Also, I'm about to lunch, so I need to finish this quickly.... peace

Jirachi @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Iron Head
- U-turn
- Fire Punch
- Healing Wish

This set is pretty much your same set, but improved
Kings Rock doesn't work in moves that already have Flinch chance, so is a waste of item here
Choice Scarf makes Jirachi the ultimate Fairy killer, and a decent revenge killer

Pokémon that apreciate Jirachi's help are Pokémon that have trouble handling Fairy types and the Lati twins.
Set up mons that apreciate the momentum that Jirachi gives, and Offensive mons with no way to heal like having Jirachi in the team too
While Jirachi likes Pokémon that can handle the stuff that resists Steel (Fire, Water, and Steel mostly)
JIrachi also have problems against defensive cores.

Something that can team up with Jirachi is

manaphy.gif

Manaphy @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Tail Glow
- Rain Dance
- Scald
- Energy Ball

Manaphy handles really well the stuff that annoys Jirachi, takes on defensive Pokémon, while Jirachi takes on offensive Pokémon, gives him momentum and can revive a sweep with Healing wish.

The other 4 mons... there are too many options too choose, and I'm too lazy to do it right now.

Also, I'm about to lunch, so I need to finish this quickly.... peace
Yea I think that would be a better set for the Jirachi.
Manaphy seems like a good partner for Jirachi, so once that event is out I'll SR for one that can be used for what you have up there.

What else could be added to make this work?

How about a BP Gliscor for trolling?

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 240 HP / 200 Def / 56 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- Roost / Baton Pass​

How about a BP Gliscor for trolling?

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
EVs: 240 HP / 200 Def / 56 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- Roost / Baton Pass​
That sounds like a load of fun xD
I use Stallbreaker Gliscor as of now, but I can breed another one for that set too ^^

I just saw this and posted what I felt like breeding.

I just saw this and posted what I felt like breeding.
But it seems like a good teammate for Jirachi, considering the Ground/Flying Typing. Plus Poison Heal + Toxic Orb is my favorite combination lmao. And if we are going to have that Jirachi, Manaphy, and Gliscor together, I think having a Grass type would be fair to add into the mix, so I was thinking maybe having Contrary Serperior or Mega Sceptile join the party. Thoughts?

Either can work, you're very early in this team's building process, so there's a lot to pick from.

But it seems like a good teammate for Jirachi, considering the Ground/Flying Typing. Plus Poison Heal + Toxic Orb is my favorite combination lmao. And if we are going to have that Jirachi, Manaphy, and Gliscor together, I think having a Grass type would be fair to add into the mix, so I was thinking maybe having Contrary Serperior or Mega Sceptile join the party. Thoughts?

Sceptile gives you Dragon STAB, and Electric inmunity and Grass x4 resistance

Sceptile gives you Dragon STAB, and Electric inmunity and Grass x4 resistance
So you think M-Sceptile would fit well with them?

sceptile.gif

Sceptile @Sceptilite
Modest Nature
Overgrow/Unburden -> Lightningrod
4 HP, 252 Sp. Atk, 252 Spe.
-Focus Blast
-Leaf Storm
-Giga Drain
-Dragon Pulse

Now I need coverage for Ice, it threatens both Gliscor and Sceptile.

For Mega Sceptile, although the extra power on a Modest nature is appreciated, he tends to find himself heavily pressured versus other megas that are slightly faster than him and scarfed Pokes that out pace him. You may want to consider running a Timid nature instead to out pace 90+% of non-scarfed foes, and running Protect over Leaf Storm or Giga Drain to ensure that reaching maximum Speed is never a problem; your call though.

Yea I think timid nature is a better idea, because if he gets outspeed there's a good chance he'll get taken out as well.

For Mega Sceptile, although the extra power on a Modest nature is appreciated, he tends to find himself heavily pressured versus other megas that are slightly faster than him and scarfed Pokes that out pace him. You may want to consider running a Timid nature instead to out pace 90+% of non-scarfed foes, and running Protect over Leaf Storm or Giga Drain to ensure that reaching maximum Speed is never a problem; your call though.
Timid good, Protect bad

You ussualy use Protect in mons that are extremelly slow and get super fast after mega evolving (Like Beedrill and Diancie)

Sceptile has already a nice speed, having protect would be a waste of moveslot

With most situations that's true, but when faced with quicker or scarfed mons and he hasn't mega evolved yet, it's a lifesaver, and is worth consideration.

I feel like Hippo and Rotom-W would go really well with Jirachi imo. The coverage would be really good. Defensive Hippo and Sp. Def rotom-w would help cover Jirachi's weakness and Jirachi covers some of their weakness as well. Perhaps add more coverage against grass and water types by adding different Pokemon.

Reactions: Zukrad
With most situations that's true, but when faced with quicker or scarfed mons and he hasn't mega evolved yet, it's a lifesaver, and is worth consideration.

That's why you mega evolve against Pokémon you know you can beat 1v1, mostly against weakened slower Pokémon.
That's how you must play using frail mega evos

That's why you mega evolve against Pokémon you know you can beat 1v1, mostly against weakened slower Pokémon.
That's how you must play using frail mega evos
True, you got me there, but it's not always possible to create that situation, and still, versus other frail megas that have already mega evolved and Pokemon with speeds faster than Sceptile's 372, it's more beneficial to have it than be without it, as many of those Pokes that he outspeeds after mega evolution can one-shot him or be one-shot by him w/o regard for rocks and entry hazards. Having Protect makes those things a bit easier to deal with.

252 Atk Mega Lopunny High Jump Kick vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Mega Sceptile: 277-327 (98.5 - 116.3%) -- 87.5% chance to OHKO
252 SpA Mega Sceptile Leaf Storm vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Mega Lopunny: 238-282 (87.8 - 104%) -- 25% chance to OHKO

252 SpA Mega Manectric Hidden Power Ice vs. 0 HP / 0- SpD Mega Sceptile: 344-408 (122.4 - 145.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 SpA Mega Sceptile Leaf Storm vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Mega Manectric: 277-327 (98.5 - 116.3%) -- 87.5% chance to OHKO

252 SpA Choice Specs Jolteon Hidden Power Ice vs. 0 HP / 0- SpD Mega Sceptile: 448-528 (159.4 - 187.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 SpA Mega Sceptile Leaf Storm vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Jolteon: 240-283 (88.5 - 104.4%) -- 31.3% chance to OHKO

252 Atk Life Orb Weavile Icicle Crash vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Mega Sceptile: 863-1019 (307.1 - 362.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 SpA Mega Sceptile Leaf Storm vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Weavile: 264-312 (93.9 - 111%) -- 62.5% chance to OHKO

Okay so I believe this is what I'm working with so far:

jirachi.gif

Jirachi @Choice Scarf
Serene Grace
Jolly Nature
252 Atk, 4 Def, 252 Spe
-Iron Head
-U Turn
-Fire Punch
-Healing Wish

manaphy.gif

Manaphy @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Tail Glow
- Rain Dance
- Scald
- Energy Ball

gliscor.gif

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
EVs: 240 HP / 200 Def / 68 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- Roost / Baton Pass

sceptile.gif

Sceptile @Sceptilite
Timid Nature
Overgrow/Unburden -> Lightningrod
4 HP, 252 Sp. Atk, 252 Spe.
-Focus Blast
-Leaf Storm
-Giga Drain
-Dragon Pulse

And I might add Rotom-W to the mix as well, for some defense. Hippodawn I'm not too sure about, since I have the BP Gliscor to work with.

Okay so I put the team as is on Showdown, and I'm going to test it later today to see if anything is a threat to it as of now. The team is going to be played in OU Singles, so if you guys are aware of any threats off the top of your head please share, and we can try to find a way to change it up!

Okay so I played a few rounds and so far, I haven't really had much trouble. The team I used was:

jirachi.gif

Jirachi @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Iron Head
- Fire Punch
- Healing Wish
- U-turn

manaphy.gif

Manaphy @ Leftovers
Serious Nature
- Tail Glow
- Energy Ball
- Rain Dance
- Scald

gliscor.gif

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
EVs: 240 HP / 200 Def / 68 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- Roost

sceptile.gif

Sceptile-Mega @ Sceptilite
Ability: Lightning Rod
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Focus Blast
- Leaf Storm
- Dragon Pulse
- Giga Drain

hippowdon.gif

Hippowdon @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 144 Def / 112 SpD
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Slack Off
- Stone Edge

rotom-wash.gif

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spe
Bold Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split

I think the most trouble I had was with a Dragonite that had Ice Punch, but the Hippowdon was able to take it even after 2 Dragon Dances, because I was able to get it with Will-O-Wisp from Rotom-W. I feel like the team currently accounts for most of the threats in OU, but I think Gengar is probably the scariest. It was able to put my Gliscor to sleep before it could poison itself. However once it woke up it was all good, I predicted their switch from Gliscor's Knock Off to allow Gliscor to heal itself with Roost. I will test further to find any other holes though, I only did like 3 battles.

Back