Hopelessly lost. <_<

• Thread starter P2.0
  • Start date

Do you ever get lost playing Legend of Zelda?

• Total voters
P2.0

P2.0

BlueJ was here.
Towns Folk
Ok,if I'm ever sitting with you,watching you play a Zelda game,DO NOT ask me for directions! XD I love Zelda just as much as the next guy,but there are times when I get really,and I mean REALLY lost. .-. I end up going into rooms I've been in to look for anything to help me progress,and usually completely missing something crucial... :( Don't get me wrong,I even helped my older bro finish a couple of dungeons before,but gosh...Just...gosh..

Reactions: 3823
That happened when I first played OoT but after I beat the first quest I had no trouble (just briefly maybe in Jabu Jabu's Belly and the Fire Temple) with any other parts of the Second Quest (both in OoT and the original NES one so far). Some parts are just puzzles waiting to be cracked and even when it gets hard it's still being as fair as possible on you in order for you to move on.

Reactions: P2.0
I remember playing Minish Cap for the first time, I was in the Wind Temple (The dungeon where you battle the Ancient statue thing) and I got completely lost, as well. I had to backtrack to so many rooms, you could say I restarted the dungeon all over again. I missed a few keys, and I also did not pick up a Piece of Heart...

@Artisan :I remember going through the game(Still frickin' hate the Water Temple).Although,I've never went on Master's Quest before.Maybe the horrible memories of being lost won't allow it,lol. XD @AliTheAce :I played that game before,it was great! :D But,like you,the Wind Temple was puzzling.I even just exited it and played around the field for a few days! XD

Reactions: 532
yeah, I still do. I tend to miss obvious hints sometimes.

My favourite memory is being trapped in a room full of Jars in Link's Awakening.
I thought I knew exactly what to do. Smash them all and find a lever or switch or something... Even though I broke them all I found nothing. I spent bombs and other ammunition for several minutes trying to create any signal. Frustrated about the lack of ideas I just launched a pot against the darn iron door. Can you guess what happened next?

Reactions: Magik and P2.0
@Kaynil :Aw,geez! :eek: It opened,didn't it? <_<

Reactions: Kaynil
When I first played Ocarina of Time, I just couldn't navigate through any if the areas. I'm pretty sure that in the castle town I ran around in like circles five times. And that's supposed to be the easy part! The water temple was a beast too. It takes every ounce of willpower to convince myself to go in there every time. I just know that it's gonna be a rough dungeon and it never gets better.

Reactions: Mikaya and P2.0
@mosbius10 :Oh,I can understand it,believe me.Especially that freakin' Water Temple! >_< I get lost so many times,even though I've been through the game at least 5 times,if not more!

Reactions: Mikaya
I played the original The Legend of Zelda through and beat it a few days ago, didn't even use one of those online maps so I got lost so many times during that run.

It's actually kind of fun, honestly. Stumbling around aimlessly eventually gets you more accustomed to the game's map and it created a mental one in my mind after long enough, which is more helpful than having to constantly check where is where because of the reliance on a map.

Reactions: Kaynil and P2.0
@Icemario :Wow...I never really thought of it like that before. .-. Maybe I could give the original Zelda another try,for old time's sake. :) Maybe I can actually find more dungeons than just the first one,lol. XD

Reactions: Icemario
One time when I was playing ocarina of time 3D on hero mode when venturing through dedongos cavern i was puzzled. There was one silver rupee I collected but I new there were like 5 more or something because iv'e already done a similar puzzle. Anyways i played for an hour like every week for a month because it got old fast. It wasn't until one day that I realized you to roll and bump the wooden boxes to break them and right there in front of my eyes was the second rupee. I did the same for everything and else and finally I had gotten past it..:)

The water temple (Ocarina of time) was just too much. .-.

I got stuck in that dungeon several times, even after completing the game multiple times. I'd either be short of a key or not knowing where to go next to progress. xD

The water levels didn't help either. What a nuisance. :p

The biggest reason I get lost on a Zelda game is because I left it for some time and I can't remember what I made and what I didn't.

I had to start A Link Between World because of that.

Reactions: Beast215, Mikaya and P2.0
@Beast215 :Omg,are you serious!? One of the reasons I avoid Master's Quest. XD And that's,like,one of the things that slows me up in dungeons! I just...I don't even... .-. XD @Mikaya :Always...It's always that *Blankety-blank* Water Temple! XD I don't care how many times you've finished Ocarina of Time,that'll ALWAYS get you,and for me,it's one of the many reasons I don't play through it very often,lol.That,and Twilight Princess with its Water Temple...Good Lord... .-. @ErixSan :Yup,that'll do it to you.If you start in a game,you better be sure you play it sometimes to look for items.Otherwise,all that precious info goes spilling out,lol. XD

Reactions: ErixSan and Beast215
For me, Zelda games can be straightforward for the most part. However, the Water Temple is easy to get lost in in OoT. I had to look at a walk through to get through that dungeon! Everything else was mostly easy to follow though. In Zelda II, I got lost when the old man gives you the magic spell that you had to use on the pile of rocks that turned into a giant house! I had to look at Nintendo Power for that!

@yorky97 :*Sigh* That moment when you have to go to a guide for help on a game.I know I had to on Zelda games ALOT. .-. Especially on the first Zelda in the past.I didn't know where the temples were located,so me and the guys went online to look at a Zelda Overworld Map.Zelda II wasn't any better for me on my try.I went to the first temple,and that's it.I quit. XD

Reactions: yorky97
I find dungeons very easy. Though when someone asks me for help I usually get confused and frustrated when I accidentally get a step wrong. I'm not saying I never get lost, it's just for me when I do it just inspires me to get past it. I honestly love puzzles so... Accidental observation really helps, like the eye thing in Skyward sword only noticed it when trying to hit the door open after my siblings tried on their profile.

@Warriorcameron :That's amazing! :D I think I may have to have that attitude when I'm going through dungeons again,or future ones! After all,nothing's impossible,right?

@Warriorcameron :That's amazing! :D I think I may have to have that attitude when I'm going through dungeons again,or future ones! After all,nothing's impossible,right?
Nothing at all, the only thing that's impossible is impossibility itself. 8) And thanks. If you need help I will gladly offer my help as I once stated I love puzzles.

This sounds like me currently in Majora's Mask. I have no clue what I'm doing anymore and I just wander around the outside of Clocktown not progressing anywhere in the story.

It also reminds me of this one time in Windwaker, where I got lost and didn't know where to go because I hadn't been marking the islands. D: I know what you mean though. Sometimes after reading the text/story I know what to do but end up forgetting cause I have a horrible memory. I refuse to use a walk-through cause it kills the game for me. >.<

Back