How could the Legend of Zelda franchise be improved?

• Thread starter NOKK
  • Start date
NOKK

NOKK

The Hero in Green
Towns Folk
Share your thoughts on how the Zelda franchise could be improved! Be it about graphics, storylines, controls and gameplay, or even adding voice actors to the game (D: What am I thinking!) Go ahead and share your thoughts! :p

Give Linkle a spotlight in the main series. Say what you will about Zelda being another candidate for that stuff, but I think it would be neat and also add variety to the myriad of male heroes we got going in Zelda.

LINK AND ZELDA SHOULD HAVE A CHILD!!!!!

ship: Zinka
Child name: Dinarius (f)
Ben (m)

One thing I would change of Zelda is how minigames are handled: some are so just fun, like the coliseum in ALBW - not properly a minigame, but it's always a side activity - but others can be rather frustating, OoT's archery on horse, I'm talking to you! :mad:
I wouldn't erase their existency completely, because other people might find them enjoyable, but Zelda isn't a compilation of minigames! So, I'd keep them but they shouldn't be necessary for completion, they should maybe give you, I don't know, rupees or free potions, so that people who like them would still play, while others could simply skip and on adventuring and exploring.
I'd also add the option, in 2D titles, of creating and sharing your own dungeons.
But who knows, maybe someday they'll release a Zelda Maker. That would be awesome.

It would be really great if some games in the Zelda franchise should include a Master Quest, like in Ocarina of Time 3D. Sure, sometimes they give this "Hard Mode", but it's still boring as the puzzles in the dungeon are generally the same, the only difference being that you take more damage. It'd be great for those Hardcore Zelda gamers who enjoy a more challenging experience. OoT 3D Master Quest had a lot of really good puzzles whereby some logic and knowledge of the game's mechanics were needed :p

Next, some sort of post-play content would be nice, but not necessarily needed. Maybe some sort of dungeon that uses all the items that you required would be really neat and maybe the reward/end of beating the dungeon would be some sort of key element that was important in the story. (Though Zelda games aren't really the type to do that kind of thing :p)

Reactions: J9794
They should give you an option for different challenge modes to start like say playing through without using a sword (with exceptions if you can unlock a sword that's not the Master Sword). Or I wouldn't mind if there was more of an RPG aspect of the game where you can upgrade stuff and level up to get more hearts instead of trying to find them. How about you can play as multiple characters in the game (like switching between them, not all at once like Four Swords) each with different perspectives, abilities, and unlockables.

Reactions: J9794
They should add some sort of post play content like dlc dungeons, or something like quests where you can keep playing and want to keep playing after you beat the game, also dificullties like fire emblem
Maybe you could control other characters in the game and play though it after you beat the game with their abilities

I just had a new idea..... In every zelda quest we have link in his green tuning with the same sort of sword and weapons etc. I think it should be a shake up where it's like hyrule warriors start with link/zelda and a basic weapon then as you progress you can change your characters look (clothing, eyes, hair etc) and then further on you can design your VERY OWN weapon using materials you have received throughout the game up to that point. The more you complete the rarer the materials this could be the same for clothing. Kinda LoZ but not LOZ. There could be quests like say you chose zelda and link is kidnapped vice versa....OR EVEN EPONA IS IN TROUBLE :eek:. There could also be new locations added and new modes like flying mode or Epona mode or just foot mode....

There could even be a mode where you enslave ganon?!:love:

1st of all, It would be great to have a story that ties in the timeline in a non confusing manner. They should also make 2d versions again, because as much as I like the 3d ones, they sometimes lack some of the best parts to make graphics look amazing. I miss the days when there was iconic catchphrases and a time line that links! Please excuse my puns, but they don't make sense anymore. the have started to tinker with the Alternate universe a bit too much.

Bring back the dificulty. Link between worlds was far too easy. Also, stop with the non linear dungeon order. I think that's where albw lost a lot of the dificulty.

I think that they should continue the young link series. First we had ocerina of time. The majoras mask and we still don't know what has happened to Navi. Hurry up Nintendo. I beat both of those games before I could read. I would like to know what happened to her? Is she dead? Does Link find her. Or is it what game theory says? GIVE US A ENDING!!!!!!

Voice acting would ruin the franchise and if they stuck to a less confusing timeline the gameplay would just get boring. I think a bigger map like LOZ U would be good and more side quests would be cool. I'm still asking for a good main story but lots of side quests would heavily improve the franchise. And I don't mean boring ones I mean like mini dungeons.

Well there are multiple things I'd like Nintendo to do to Zelda the first is revive the Four Swords series with a proper title because Tri-force Heroes for me left a lot to be desired because it took away a lot of what made me love the co op in Four Swords Adventures and I would also like there to be remake of the orginal Legend of Zelda fixing the stiff controls

I'd like to have more worldbuilding and character development, the simple "go through dungeons, get items, beat bosses" formula is somewhat dated.

Not to say that the actual dungeon crawling and clobbering bosses is bad, but there could be so much more depth to it, why the dungeons are the way theybare, where do each boss comes from and why, so much stuff can be made with simple formulae.

Reactions: swift789
I agree its kinda getting repetitive to go to dungeon kill random thing that somehow got in there and then go to other dungeon and beat up Ganon. I'm not saying we should get rid of Ganon but maybe a series of games with different enemies then bam on the last game we find out its Ganon. It also would be interesting to have a rival enemy and you team up with Ganon to destroy the rival.

I don't think teaming up with Ganon would be a good idea >.< it would undermine the *insert Skyward Sword ending spoilers here*

It would better instead if dark forces were fighting each other, and Link had to go in and stamp them out separately.

Yeah all I'm saying is that we should have more than one enemy.

And when we do get someone elsa, their story shoun't be hijacked by ganon.

I agree with that, unless it's properly foreshadowed or known from the start.

There should be DLC where you can play as a different character/and their story (like Zelda or Impa). It does get pretty boring being Link over and over. I think it would be really interesting exploring dungeons/landscapes, using their own unique abilities/weapons/attacks on bosses and enemies. They could collect gems/medals or something else from dungeons to progress further. The final boss could be their eternal rival (not Ganondorf). xD

Reactions: OtakuFallenAngel
Back