How could the Legend of Zelda franchise be improved?

• Thread starter NOKK
  • Start date
There should be DLC where you can play as a different character/and their story (like Zelda or Impa). It does get pretty boring being Link over and over. I think it would be really interesting exploring dungeons/landscapes, using their own unique abilities/weapons/attacks on bosses and enemies. They could collect gems/medals or something else from dungeons to progress further. The final boss could be their eternal rival (not Ganondorf). xD
I admit playing like other characters would be really fun and interesting, but not doing Link's dungeons, maybe their own side stories to flesh them out :3

As for rivals... I don't think the series would benefit from giving a rival character to Link y'know? It has always been kinda like, either an ally or a complete enemy kind of deal, and Link, Zelda and Ganondorf have been the big power players, with the rest being minor antagonists or allies.

Reactions: Mikaya
Well there is hyrule warriors however there is not much of a story. It would be good if we play zelda who saves hyrule and a masked protagonist picks a fight with her and tales the land and poses as zelda and link befriend him nor knowing the zelda he has befriended is an imposter so seeking help zelda asks link but he says no and she asks others but no one will because they think she is an imposter. So.she befriends an ancient or demonic army and gets the land back but the army wants what they're due. Starting the war of termina.

This story could link to modern day bullying were someone wants a friend but is rejected and zelda turning to dark forces is where the victim turns to dark thoughts like self harm etc and if she works hard people accept her but 1 bad thing cam thin her life because she's fragile..

make it like FNAF but without the FAF.
Make a game about things being dark and edgy, maybe add like a twilight realm or something.
Wind Waker sucked.

It needs a spin-off title: LoZ party! This type of spin-off worked pretty well for Animal Crossing, so what could go wrong if they did the same thing for Link and all of the other characters that make up the franchise? Of course, Aonuma would need to add all of the elements that make up a Legend of Zelda game and somehow integrate them onto a boardgame in order to make it feel somewhat unique in comparison to standard party games. I'm totally kidding, btw.

You know what would be awesome for a story? One
It needs a spin-off title: LoZ party! This type of spin-off worked pretty well for Animal Crossing, so what could go wrong if they did the same thing for Link and all of the other characters that make up the franchise? Of course, Aonuma would need to add all of the elements that make up a Legend of Zelda game and somehow integrate them onto a boardgame in order to make it feel somewhat unique in comparison to standard party games. I'm totally kidding, btw.
Y'know what would be awesome? A fighting game with visual novel-esque storytelling like Persona 4: Arena, with different stories for each character. Though the party game could work wonders too.

I see Linkle as an alternate gender option from Link. (Similar to selecting your character's gender in the FE series. or the gender of your pokemon trainer.)

One thing I would change of Zelda is how minigames are handled: some are so just fun, like the coliseum in ALBW - not properly a minigame, but it's always a side activity - but others can be rather frustating, OoT's archery on horse, I'm talking to you! :mad:
I wouldn't erase their existency completely, because other people might find them enjoyable, but Zelda isn't a compilation of minigames! So, I'd keep them but they shouldn't be necessary for completion, they should maybe give you, I don't know, rupees or free potions, so that people who like them would still play, while others could simply skip and on adventuring and exploring.
I'd also add the option, in 2D titles, of creating and sharing your own dungeons.
But who knows, maybe someday they'll release a Zelda Maker. That would be awesome.

A Zelda Maker would be heavy, I like it.

Reactions: OtakuFallenAngel and Blue Knight
I see Linkle as an alternate gender option from Link. (Similar to selecting your character's gender in the FE series. or the gender of your pokemon trainer.)

Well, they startes letting you chose genders in FE REALLY recently, like, literally the last 3 games, and it has been well received so, why not?

Reactions: OtakuFallenAngel
Well, they startes letting you chose genders in FE REALLY recently, like, literally the last 3 games, and it has been well received so, why not?
I'm not sure but I like the gender picking option I'm not being funny but I wouldn't like being assumed as a boy in a game because I think you'll find I'm a skilled woman in games XD

I feel like the players' actions in the game should do more. I mean, playing %100 of the game is good and all, but what if you missed something? (And I don't mean missed playing one of those Cucco dodge mini-games either.)
If you forget to do something in the game, if you choose not to do one or two missions, or maybe if you failed one of those once-only missions, something's gotta change how the game goes or how it ends. Know what I mean?

Reactions: Ace and OtakuFallenAngel

Someone else already did it, it's called zquest. It uses a modified zelda 1 engine, so theres that limitation, but you can use custom tiles, sprites, and, from what I've heard about recent versions, enemies and items. You'll need zeldaclassic to play what you make, but both are downloaded at the same time, so no worries about that,

Add something that works similarly to the Zora Mask for the water temple. The Zora mask made great bay temple so much more fun so they need something like it in newer games.

go back to the old game play? like oot and majora's mask. hyrule warriors was a bit of a disappointment i liked it when you had a menu were you pick your items and stuff make a new oot like game i hope zelda u will be in the old style

A lot of the general improvements that I would have made to the series' formula were realized quite well in Breath of the Wild. It broke quite a few of the long-standing conventions of the series, some of which were becoming a little tired. Aside form this, however, the ending could have been better.

Back