How did you discover Kirby?

• Thread starter Starry Windy
  • Start date
Starry Windy

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
Towns Folk
How did you discover Kirby for the first time? As for me, it was when I watched one of my cousins played Kirby: Nightmare in Dream Land. I find it intriguing seeing the pink puffball floats whenever it wants to, so finally I decided to give it a try, and I become a fan afterwards.

In a box of NES games my father owned. Kirby's Adventure was my first ever Kriby game and it was interesting enough that it stuck with me.

Some pink puffball tried to eat me once. I was like you're cute and all but oh no you di-in't.

Team Kirby Clash Deluxe came out and I wanted to give a new game a try. Downloaded it, had a blast, my team is at level 50 and everyone has Platinum DX gear.

How did you discover Kirby for the first time? As for me, it was when I watched one of my cousins played Kirby: Nightmare in Dream Land. I find it intriguing seeing the pink puffball floats whenever it wants to, so finally I decided to give it a try, and I become a fan afterwards.
I am not say a huge fan of Kirby cause I'm not in that stuff but I was lurking on the estore and say a Kirby battle royals and a Kirby quest game I am addicted to it just not a huge fan

Somehow I got ahold of Kirby's Dreamland 2 for the Game Boy, and I played it a lot growing up. I ended up later getting Squeak Squad when I got my DS, too. :)

Kirby's Dreamland and Kirby's pinball land on the Gameboy. Only recently the kids wanted Epic Yarn and Planet Robobot and watched the cartoon on youtube.
I could never beat the last boss on Dreamland, but played the levels over and over.

My brother received a GameBoy for his birthday one year and my Mom wanted a non violent video game for him and Kirby's Dreamland fit the bill. I had to share the GameBoy with my brother until the following X-Mas when I got my own GameBoy when I got Kirby's Pinball Land.

@Furyofthestorm78 You beat the final boss in Kirby's Dreamland (King Dedede) by avoiding him and when King Dedede jumps or uses his hammer he pops out stars. Suck up those stars while staying just out of reach and spit those stars back out at King Dedede.

Thanks. As I recall he just kept jumping on me, and I lost patience with it. It has been tempting to get a virtual console version to give it another go. Although I probably have the cartridge somewhere.
For a while , Kirby Pinball was the only game I could play on my gameboy as the control pad made everything move to the right.

It was based on my watching Kirby: Right Back At 'cha on TV. It was a pretty cool series.

Well in my case, I have some sort of idea about playing the game when I was a Little child, I think I played a kirby game for the SNES. Anyway, I would say that is just a remote anecdote, when I got to know kirby more deeply was when I got to play kirby return to dreamland for nintendo wii, I remember I played that game with a friend of mine and we really had a blast playing it. Then I remember playing some smashbros 64 but by then I did not remember what or who the pink ball was.

How I specifically discovered Kirby is quite shrouded to me but I believe that I've known Kirby since first playing Kirby Squeak Squad. Then moving unto Kirby Super Star Ultra, I've had so much fun playing those games, and eventually beating them 100% too. I remember playing Return to Dreamland with my friend on the Wii too. Good times! Too bad I'm not very interested in the latest installments of the series xP

I'm not sure which one, but it was either Crystal Shards or Canvas Curse.

I have project 64, and as a kid, I saw a commercial for Kirby Canvas Curse and thought it looked amazing, so I asked Santa for it (lol smol naive me) and I got it. :D

Crystal Shards was amazing; I loved the cinematics and gameplay (especially the special abilities), but I always got stuck at a certain stage and couldn't advance further. ;w;

I defeated Drawcia, though. That bundle of scribbles never stood a chance! >: D

Kirby Right back at ya
Remembered kirby again after Learning that Kirby Triple Deluxe existed

I think the first Kirby game I played was for the Nintendo DSI.... i think it was either Kirby Superstar Ultra or Kirby Mass Attack (both were/still are incredible!) had gotten it for Christmas when I was about 10 or so, loved Kirby ever since :thumbsup:

It was one of the rare times my mom was buying me a game. We went to this used games store and at first I picked a few other games, but however my mom wasn't thrilled with my choices. So she found Kirby's pinball and got me that. I was just glad to get any game. I really liked that game and ended up checking out other games in the series.

I played my brother's game Kirby and the Amazing Mirror. It was fun but I never beat it. Some day I'll go back and try to beat it! But yea it was one of the few games I could play as a child.

I think it was either Kirby Right Back Atcha on Fox or playing Smash Melee at a cousin's house. I just love the creative way of playing by jumping a lot and using Down B to deal a lot of damage. Now I'm a lot better but I prefer Marth now and Kirby is kinda obsolete in Melee. Kirby's cute don't get me wrong but I don't like simple as I find it a lazy design. Pit from Brawl for example has a great design so it just goes to show Sakurai designs vary and if one design isn't your favorite another one could be.

I think it was the Kirby channel when I first found out about the little puffball but I'm not sure, maybe it was super smash bros brawl either one of the two :n-wave:

My cousin kept going on and on about this Crystal Shards game for N64 she had rented. Before that I only knew about him through Smash Brothers but I ended up getting the game and loving it. Kirby is adorable!!!

Back