Ultimate How do you feel about Isabelle being in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate?

• Thread starter Shiny
  • Start date
I find it interesting to see Isabelle finally joining in as a fighter, after having her tenured as assist trophy in Smash 3DS/Wii U. Granted, when I heard some speculations about her joining in, I was unsure on how she would fit as a fighter, but after seeing the action, I'm glad she's in, and I think she would be a fun character to play as. Plus, I was surprised and laughed at the same time when seeing Isabelle's reaction when she got the Smash invitation letter :p

Haha yeah. It looked just like a scene right from Animal Crossing. Isabelle is a cute character for the game for sure.

i do not like the animal crossing games becuase those games punish you if you dont play, but contratulations to the animal crossing fans

i do not like the animal crossing games becuase those games punish you if you dont play, but contratulations to the animal crossing fans

I wouldn't really call it punish. Although it does make your town dirry, makes villagers move out, and dislike you... Okay I guess it does punish you a bit.

I wouldn't really call it punish. Although it does make your town dirry, makes villagers move out, and dislike you... Okay I guess it does punish you a bit.
yeah, if that didnt happen, i think i would like the animal crossing games, also, its extrange how the other people in the village wont do anything to water the plants for example

i could understand if some of these things happened because you were playing and did bad things to the villagers or didnt water the plants, but simply punish you for not playing...its something i dislike very much

Isabelle is a great character as far as i can tell. She even has a fishing rod. Allready a better rep than villager because of that (who doesn’t fish all day?) her moves are very unique in most aspects, and she’s a very recognized character in the animal crossing fanbase. The fact she is in smash is kinda weird, but she does basically anything she is asked to, and is a workaholic, so if its her job to smash you, she will do it.

I'm guessing Isabelle is going to be in a higher tier than Villager. Her moves seem slightly better.

I'm guessing Isabelle is going to be in a higher tier than Villager. Her moves seem slightly better.
They're quite different. Villager kinda zones people with his Lloyd, Tree, and Slingshot, none of which Isabelle has. She has other really powerful tools (looking at you Lloyd mine) so it's tough to tell who'll be better.

Yeah we will not really know until the game comes out. Isabelle looks pretty slow to me.

Hooray a dog human character for Smash from a game about making a virtual town with no lawyers. That'll go really well. My thoughts on her as a fighter? Hmm. I think she's a better close range Villager but less campy. The only character I can think of comparing her to is Snake with her possible down special rocket that looks like her most useful move. Did you notice she has two grabs? The net is normal and the fishing rod is probably a command grab but I don't know how useful it will be. Odds are I'll beat @Marc with her. Only time will tell how this character works.

Yeah I wonder how using both grabs will work. Maybe the net is just a regular attack?

Yeah I wonder how using both grabs will work. Maybe the net is just a regular attack?
Yeah fishing rod is probably her side special.

Probably. The attack looks just like a side special. Just to wait and see to be sure.

I thought is was beyond hilarious when they announced Isabelle as a fighter for Smash. I fell for it hook, line and sinker and totally thought it was the reveal trailer for Animal Crossing for Switch. But then, towards the end, I was like “Wait, they wouldn’t dare.” But, they did! Honestly, I don’t see why Nintendo added her at all, but if they want to do it, then by all means, do it! I’m always down for a new character, no matter who it is! I’ll probably try her out when the game launches, and see how good of a fighter she can be.

Reactions: Starry Windy
Yeah I'll probably play as her a couple times but probably won't main her (this is all depending if I ever get a switch or not!)

Back