1. NintenPedia Guest Message

Get 3DS/Wii U/Switch eShop Credit

Members of the community can earn or win Nintendo 3DS/WiiU/Switch eShop credit. This is available to North American and European region 3DS and Wii U owners (Switch is region free). Earn Play Coins by posting in the forum and exchange them for eShop credit. It's that easy.
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Yoshi - 3DS Pedia
Signing up for an account lets you communicate with other Nintendo gamers from around the world. Play games, ask questions, have fun and earn eShop credit along the way.

How do you feel about Pikachu talking in Detective Pikachu?

Discussion in 'Pokémon Universe' started by Marc, Mar 11, 2018.

1. Marc

Marc Until We Go Down Forum Management

Play Coins:
    2,489 coins
    What's your opinion about Pikachu talking in that new Detective Pikachu game? :eek:
  2. Aura Knight

Aura Knight Captain of the S.S. Clark

Play Coins:
    190 coins
    I swear, someone at Nintendo saw Guardians of the Galaxy and said "you know what we need? A Pokemon version of Rocket!" And then they laughed, had a drink, did river dancing on the table, and then passed out laughing.
    Artisan and SkyHuntress like this.
  3. Slix

Slix I'm Not A Pikachu Towns Folk

Play Coins:
    12 coins
    I think it's weird. Just like the Pikachu talking in the latest movie. Weird. I just hope they have an option to turn it off so all gameplay isn't affected if someone doesn't want that.
  4. Pandaxclone2

Pandaxclone2 Pokemon Sprite Artist Hobbyist Towns Folk

Play Coins:
    434 coins
    If someone doesn't want a talking Pikachu, it's pretty clear Detective Pikachu isn't a game for them.

I was momentarily stunned watching a Pikachu talking during the trailer. It wasn't so much the fact that he was talking that bothered me per se, more that the voice actor doesn't seem to quite match a Pikachu. I'm sure it will pass in time though, as I did chuckle at that quick attack bit.
    3dsCollector likes this.
  5. 3dsCollector

3dsCollector Nintendo 3DS Legend Towns Folk

Play Coins:
    323 coins
    I think we will better be able to answer this after playing the game. Right now it seems... kinda weird but I'm into it. I mean if meowth can talk why can't a pikachu talk, and solve crimes too apparently :hilarious:
    Pandaxclone2 and buckembarnes like this.
  6. Mel

Mel Pedia Mastermind Towns Folk

Play Coins:
    549 coins
    Pikachu talking is always going to seem weird/ be weird. It wasn't as weird as I thought it would be as odd as that sounds. I sort of like the voice as it doesn't look like the voice a pikachu would have. This fact makes me very interested in the game.
  7. Artisan

Artisan Still the strongest. Towns Folk

Play Coins:
    1,215 coins
    Rats are too dumb to talk. Not even lab rats. Not even experimented on electric rats, but whatever it's Game Freak and they can do whatever they want. If the voice is British or sounds like catbug then I'm okay with it. Here's a sample:
  8. Samster123

Samster123 Kittens will rule the universe...

Play Coins:
    120 coins
    In case you're wondering, Detective Pikachu will be voiced by Ryan Reynolds, who did the voice of Deadpool. So, Catbug? Nope. :cool-pika:
  9. Pandaxclone2

Pandaxclone2 Pokemon Sprite Artist Hobbyist Towns Folk

Play Coins:
    434 coins
    AFAIK that only applies to the movie adaption that's coming out in 2019. Not sure if Ryan Reynolds will be voicing Detective Pikachu in the game though.
  10. Blue Knight

Blue Knight Water Spirit Towns Folk

Play Coins:
    385 coins
    Lmao I like it in a weird way. It sounds and looks weird but it's defs amusing. Dunno if the game is for me because I haven't seen much gameplay but I like talking Pikachu.