How do you feel about Pikachu talking in Detective Pikachu?

• Thread starter Marc
  • Start date
I see what you mean. Non-Pokémon fans or new fans strongly think of a male Pikachu first, so that must also be why it's a Pikachu and not a Growlithe or anything else... I mean, even the talking bird Pokémon wouldn't have been as much "sold"...

Reactions: Pandaxclone2
I think it's pretty hilarious, frankly. I still wish they'd got Danny DeVito for the English voiceover but he said he's never heard of Pokémon before (and I don't believe for a second, to tell you the truth :/ )
Yes, it is very weird, especially for those of us who have followed Pokémon for a long time. Only time will tell how they decide to explain this in the lore!

It's really weird! Pikachu should have a high voice, not a deep man voice. lol!

Reactions: Pepy550 and Alegria
Its a bit creepy. It has a very deep voice. I always imagined Pikachu having a high pitched squeaky voice, not a deep man's voice. Its definitely amusing, but weird at the same time. I never played Detective Pikachu though haha. The first thing I thought was it was like Team Rocket's meowth. But Meowth doesn't have a deep man voice! Its entertaining though. Just like when Pikachu talked in the Pokemon Movie. Weird but cool.

Back