How do you fix a disc? (Wii U)

• Thread starter coolflare
  • Start date
coolflare

coolflare

The flame of wonder and coolness
Towns Folk
Hello. I love smash to death but recently, it broke. I tried cloths, toothpaste, disc cleaners, even a banana. Anyone have any tips?

The disc:

crcCNS6.jpg

Well I know nothing of wii u, but I have plonty of games that are on disc, and all it looks like is the paint is coming off. If so there is nothing you can do unless you can find someone that can repaint it. Eather way if it still plays then then you don't really need paint on it as long as you know what game is what.

Well I know nothing of wii u, but I have plonty of games that are on disc, and all it looks like is the paint is coming off. If so there is nothing you can do unless you can find someone that can repaint it. Eather way if it still plays then then you don't really need paint on it as long as you know what game is what.
My system can't read the disc but it's good to know that the top part doesn't mean anything.

My system can't read the disc but it's good to know that the top part doesn't mean anything.
Well then you have see if there is scraches, or finger princes on the other side, and if you can't get them off there is nothing can do, if too much stuff is on other side it won't play. So look at it and see, but if it is scraches you can't remove them, so hope it's not that. I had to buy a new ps game because of it.

Fixing discs can be hard because they are delicately coded. IF you have a substance covering the disc that can either clear it up or give some highlight to the coding then it can work. In my experience, and dont judge me, but when i was a kid I would rub water and sweat on the disc so it so it would be shiny. It is just wierd. Im sorry i can be of much help if any.

Can you upload a picture of what the disc looks like? If so we can give a proper diagnosis of what to do from there.

Fixing discs can be hard because they are delicately coded. IF you have a substance covering the disc that can either clear it up or give some highlight to the coding then it can work. In my experience, and dont judge me, but when i was a kid I would rub water and sweat on the disc so it so it would be shiny. It is just wierd. Im sorry i can be of much help if any.
If I did that it would make it wrost for me. XD

I'm sorry. That was dumb of me. Though Do you have a picture of the problem? If so we can try and help from there.

Yeah it would be nice see the other side too see if it can be fixed.

Eather way seeing the side with pic, and paint coming off. It looks like you been playing it alot. So I can see that you like playing it.

That or putting it in and out while you play other games. Maybe it is just age. Can't really avoid the aging process :(

Oh and make sure its a cloth that can wipe off discs. Can't use any coth or that may put scraches make it wrose.
Tried that. No luck...

Tried that. No luck...
Well way it looks it looks like scaches is on it that might be inter freaing, and if so I don't know anyways to remove sraches, but they do have a screahc remover for glasses, but don't know for dics

You used toothpaste to clean your game disc?!?!? Toothpaste contains abrasives to scrub your teeth clean. You may as well have washed the game disc with sand. While the game may look clean and shiny there are tons of micro scratches on it from the toothpaste, possibly obscuring the the laser from reading the disc properly.

Also, if the foil inside the disc is in any way compromised (which is hard to tell for me from the picture with all the missing paint); this is where the data is stored that is read by the laser in you Wii/Wii U. If the foil film is scratched at all you're going to have to buy a new game disc. I'm sorry.

The best way to clean a game disc or CD is gently rinse it off with water, ordinary water, this will remove any dust/grit/grime that may scratch the disc. Then take a lint free cloth dampened with again water (avoid circular motions) and wipe gently from the center to the out side edges. This is done only to clean the disc not repair any scratches or damage. Also, don't use any soaps or chemicals as they may have detrimental effects on the disc. Use water or cleaners approved for cleaning a game disc or CD.

Using sweat to clean a game disc that's just gross. Also sweat contains salts and oils your body produces which can make it difficult for a disc to be read (why finger prints smudges can make a game difficult for the game system to read). Just think of the residue building up inside your game system if you did that frequently. Gross!!

You used toothpaste to clean your game disc?!?!? Toothpaste contains abrasives to scrub your teeth clean. You may as well have washed the game disc with sand. While the game may look clean and shiny there are tons of micro scratches on it from the toothpaste, possibly obscuring the the laser from reading the disc properly.

Also, if the foil inside the disc is in any way compromised (which is hard to tell for me from the picture with all the missing paint); this is where the data is stored that is read by the laser in you Wii/Wii U. If the foil film is scratched at all you're going to have to buy a new game disc. I'm sorry.

The best way to clean a game disc or CD is gently rinse it off with water, ordinary water, this will remove any dust/grit/grime that may scratch the disc. Then take a lint free cloth dampened with again water (avoid circular motions) and wipe gently from the center to the out side edges. This is done only to clean the disc not repair any scratches or damage. Also, don't use any soaps or chemicals as they may have detrimental effects on the disc. Use water or cleaners approved for cleaning a game disc or CD.

Using sweat to clean a game disc that's just gross. Also sweat contains salts and oils your body produces which can make it difficult for a disc to be read (why finger prints smudges can make a game difficult for the game system to read). Just think of the residue building up inside your game system if you did that frequently. Gross!!
I was thinking that to. He did show the other side with the data.

I was thinking that to. He did show the other side with the data.
Yes, but the scratches from the toothpaste on the plastic may also be rendering the disc unreadable.

Yes, but the scratches from the toothpaste on the plastic may also be rendering the disc unreadable.
Most likely thats why I got disc cleaning stuff

Back