How do you prefer to play??

• Thread starter Yoshi
  • Start date
I prefer to play most of the WiiU games with the Pro Controller, with the one exception being Wind Waker HD, which plays much better if you use the Gamepad.

Last edited by a moderator:
I use the wii remote because I am the most use to it and I dont seem crazy tilting the controller like when i play xbox because its how you turn :p. I will play with the gamepad though, because then i can look at the screen and controller because the screen is on the controller.

Definitely circle pad. One of the things I didn't like about MK DS was the D-Pad (The only MK game that I played only with the D-Pad on the original console). Motion controls was fine, but I still prefer the circle pad.

I prefer the game pad and pro controller I never used the motion sensor before ,but the gamepad and pro controller are great controller s and they are easy to use I don't know how my cousins wasn't able to play Mario Kart 8 when he came to my house last month like honestly it was really easy to control the car and to reach 1st place ,but I guess my cousin is that type of person that dosen't even try (He was using his phone most of the time and was in last place) I kind of felt like yelling at him ,but he would of got mad and my girl cousin wanted to play just that he didn't let her he's kind of greedy and she would at least know how to use the game pad of she played.

Sometimes you have the power to choose how to play. I mean, with the different possibilities that the console offer to you: the game pad or the motion sensor. In Mario Kart, for example, I prefer to play with the game pad rather than with the motion sensor. Always happens to me when I get nervous I start to hit everything. My friends prefer the motion sensor.

Which one do you prefer? The game pad or motion sensor?

I prefer the game pad mainly because of convenience for me, but if its a regular wii game i just use motion sensor and TV (i know the controller is unusable in wii mode except the display by itself) since thats how it first played anyways. It's pretty awkward and kinda hard trying to play mario galaxy games looking at the gamepad for me (example), so that's when id use the other thing. Wii u games though, i stick to gamepad for convenience and other reasons

I like using the controller without the motion-sensor wheel. I find it much more difficult to play competitively using the steering wheel. However, if given enough time with the wheel I can usually play 'alright', I do love the game so I wouldn't complain if I was stuck with either one, I'd just have to make-do! :p

Reactions: Kadaj
Usually regular control, with the stick for 3D games and DPad for 2D games. I do like motion controls from time to time though, when unintrusive.

Till now, ive only played mario kart handheld so that's the only thing I have experience with.

In handheld, i feel motion control is kinda bad. First off, you can only use it when in first person mode (which isn't that fun to begin with). Second, what makes it difficult is that when your hands move, the screen moves as well. This becomes kinda awkward and irritating.

In short, i prefer the normal joystick/circle pad.

Sometimes you have the power to choose how to play. I mean, with the different possibilities that the console offer to you: the game pad or the motion sensor. In Mario Kart, for example, I prefer to play with the game pad rather than with the motion sensor. Always happens to me when I get nervous I start to hit everything. My friends prefer the motion sensor.

Which one do you prefer? The game pad or motion sensor?

I prefer the gamepad for a number of reasons, its easier for me to see what's going on in the game and i also dont have to worry about bumping my friends or other stuff and making a mess lol :p another problem i sometimes have with the motion controls is the game not responding the way id like it to (i actually ground pounded myself to oblivion in super mario 3d world like this, accident of course haha) which can screw you over and cost you the entire stage/ course in worst cases when this sort of thing happens. Dont get me wrong though, motion controls was a great idea Nintendo gave us and i respect that, so i have nothing against the idea in general. Just giving my honest opinion thats all :p

I like to do with the Analogs, they are very comfortable to use.

The gamepad is my baby in any game i can use it. The motion controls are spot on, and in mario kart 8 the wii remote motion controls are iffy. I like how heavy it is, and the shoulder buttons are nice too. I prefer motion controls in mario kart because its alot easier for me to make precice adjustments in my drifts.

Back