How Long Have You Been a Gamer?

• Thread starter Crybaby126
  • Start date
Crybaby126

Crybaby126

AC:NL - The Villager
Towns Folk
I have been playing video games since I can remember. Probably around the age of 4 or 5 I remember playing Sonic on the Dreamcast. I still play video games today obviously soooo. I've been a gamer for roughly 15 years now. How long have you guys been playing? And whats your earliest gaming memory?

Reactions: Superjoris
I've been gaming before my memory actually starts. One of my earliest childhood memories is waking up early to play Tomb Raider on the computer. Although my siblings have completely lost interest in gaming now (except for those stupid iPhone games), back then they used to play the Tekken games with almost religious reverence and they're the ones who introduced me to gaming.

Last edited:
Reactions: CrazyElf, Crybaby126 and D4rkDragon
Mmm, I started gaming a bit later in my childhood. I probably would've started earlier, but running around (specifically bumping/running into walls) was my childhood hobby. Jk.

My memory of me beginning to game is a bit fuzzy, but I have made an assumption that I began gaming around the age of 6. I started gaming around the time my brother started gaming, which was around the age 6, so my guess could be accurate.

i have been gamer every since i got red gameboy

I have memories of a 6/7 year old me playing Pokemon Yellow in church. I must have levelled Pika up to around level 27 trying to beat Brock with just slam in my arsenal. Onix was a beast :/

Not sure when I started to play games. Probably when I was 2 or 3. I started with computer games first (mostly educational kids game) as my uncle owned a computer company which is next to my house. I always go to play game there.
Later (around 4-5?) I got a game boy colour but I still play both computer games and handheld devices. I started playing online games since I was around 6-7 too! I'm such a gamer lol.

I won't tell you how long I have been playing games since I don't want to review my age :p

I believe I was around 5-6. I played the original gameboy with Pokemon Red! good times and memories! :D

I was literally hooked, and wouldn't put the handheld down. xD

so I've been a gamer for around 19-20 years? oh my. I just made myself sound really old. Can anyone beat that? :p

I played all sorts of free browser games when I was smaller, but I finally became a gamer at age 7 when I got a gameeboy advance special, and New super Mario bros. I have many memories of me playing it, and one of them is that when I travelled someplace With my mom, my dad finished the second last world (pipe world I think) because it was too hard for me. When I came home, he had saved the last world for me, and we completed it together :).

I was so young, don't know the exact age. I remember I got a n64 for christmas and it came with the game Glover. So at that time I was probably 2 or barely 3? Wow that's so long ago. my dad had gotten it at a discount and he knew I was too young along with my brother so he only let us play with supervision.

Since i have my GameBoy.The memories are soo beauteful

Around since I was 3. But other than that gaming has always been in my household even before I was 3, just i never was interested until then.

I started playing on my Sega Meagdrive when I was really young (Like, 5-ish?), so about 12 years or so.

since megadrive 3

I remember playing playing Pong, a stupid fishing game, and another way more stupid cockroach crushing game on my brother's Atari when I was just 3. My brother even took me to the arcade a couple of times that's where I played (and fell in love with) Street Fighter.

I've been playing games since I was around 3, no later than 4 for sure. Super Mario 64, Ocarina of Time, Banjo Kazooie, and one of the PS2 Sonic games are some of the earliest games I can remember playing. Oh, and Pokemon Red.

It didn't hit me that I liked games so much until I was around 10 though.

Ooh, I bet this goes WAY beyond my memories, but I'll try recalling it all! :p

I remember playing an awful lot of PS1 games when I was three or so, when my brother got a PS2 for his birthday, we were inseperable from that darned thing XDD :p

My brother destroyed our PS3 last year, though. It was my dad's, and it was the complete package with a PS2 and Ps1 emulator built-in.

My brother forgets that there's a limit to a memory card, so he kind of stacked it too full... Now we have a cheap one, which no longer allows us to play PS2 and 1 games. Too bad now the old TV from the attic's gone... No more PS2 games.

Around age five, I was introduced to one of the games my mother loved to play. Sims. Back then, we owned The Sims Deluxe and all of it's expansion packs - but as soon as I got hooked on the game, my mum started to buy the Sims 2 (actually, the reason we ended up with 2 was due to her accidentally buying an accessory pack for TS2 instead of 1.)

I've been playing Sims ever since. That's practically the game I grew up with.

But the one thing I truly fell in love with, is handheld gaming... The Nintendo DS Lite appeared on the market and I fell in love! I saved all my money to buy the thing. A pink one. I still have it!

Not to mention the Gamecube and Dsi... Hehe.

Sims are the games I grew up with, Nintendo the system. And aside from Sims, there's another game series I've been playing a lot... Sonic.

The first Sonic game I ever touched was Rivals for the PSP (my brother got a PSP the same year I got a DS Lite). I loved how fast the game went on, despite I was terrible at it lol :p

I was really disappointed when 06 came out, though... I watched the trailer over and over, but when the actual game came and I got to test it in a store... Yeah, you know the story.:rolleyes:

But nevertheless, gaming has always been a part of my life. I even remember playing racing games with my dad (he has an actual Formula one racing wheel) which was really fun.

Oops, that turned out to be a lot longer than expected. Anyway, that's the story behind my gaming addiction.

Reactions: Marc
Probably been a gamer for as long as I can remember. I have so many fond memories of playing the PS1 and Gameboy Pocket. I played and beaten Crash Bandicoot 3 so many times I've already lost count. Lots of hilarity ensued whenever me and my cousins played Pokemon or Tekken 3 :D

I was about 6 years old when I started gaming, oh the good time and my first game was pokemon red on the Game boy and I have to blue game boy color, still have it (even though it is broken but like to keep it for momento)

I thing I was four or five, possibly six when I started gaming. I don't remember the exact games it was but I know they were on the Gameboy Color. But I know the first game I beat was Super Mario 64 I was so happy and I loved throwing Bowser around the screen.

I think I've been a gamer for the majority of my life also. I even remember my very first game: this old, obscure Capcom fighting game called 'Rival Schools'. My uncle would sit and let me hold the controller while he beat up on my character for practice (what a jerk lol). It got so bad that I even knew the intro song even though I was, like, five.

Brings a tear to my eye. So, yeah, I've been playing games for 'bout two decades now. 'Bout to hit the big 2-0 in a month.

Back