How often do you clean your (2/3)DS' screen ?

• Thread starter Nurylon
  • Start date
Nurylon

Nurylon

Deery twitch
Towns Folk
I just cleaned my partner's 3DS' screens and discovered that his system does not have worse graphics than my 2DS.... he simply never cleans his screen whilist I clean mine the moment a smudge even thinks of appearing. I'm really impulsive about cleaning my screen, but it's easy with a 2DS because sleep mode to make the screens unresponsive is just a switch, not a fold.

So euh. Now I'm curious about what other folks do. !

I clean mine every time I use it. I do that for all of my controllers and handhelds. I don't like having anything on them as it distracts me from playing. Plus it's better to have clean stuff than to play with smudges or other things on your controllers/handhelds. It doesn't take that long and it's a good habit to have. Makes you appreciate your things more and keeps them in better shape.

I don't clean it often. I only clean it if I notice a blurry stain or something that is bothering me, otherwise I don't mind.
However, now that I saw this post, I guess it could be a good moment to clean it.

More screen cleaners ;w; that makes me happy.

"However, now that I saw this post, I guess it could be a good moment to clean it."
Hehe.

Reactions: J9794
Actually i really do not clean my nintedo 3ds screen that often that other people do !
Actually i was planning to buy screen saver to protect my screen from dirt , dust and marks of my fingerprint .
Mostly i use damp cloth to clean my nintedo 3ds screen

I clean mine a lot too! My sister is the same way with the messy screen, but I can not stand having anything on the screen. It's just become a habit to at least wipe it off with my shirt. I don't get how people stand too play through all that stuff on their screen. I also probably clean it better like once a week with glass cleaner.:)

I tend to clean my 3DS' screen after each use. I have a soft cloth which gently removes any dirt or marks, although it already has a screen protector on both screens. I often get fingerprints on the touch screen because I lost my stylus. It's really easy to get marks or pieces of random dirt or even food on it. xD

I tend to clean my 3ds screen about 3 or 4 tiumes a day depending on how long I tend to play it, and as far as my other systems I tend to wipe the tv down about once a week and I tend to clean my controllers and my system 2 or 3 times a week, the ds tends to get dirtier being as oils and what not from you hands and the dust in the air. I actually keep a ds scrren cloth in my wallet just in case I need it

I just cleaned my partner's 3DS' screens and discovered that his system does not have worse graphics than my 2DS.... he simply never cleans his screen whilist I clean mine the moment a smudge even thinks of appearing. I'm really impulsive about cleaning my screen, but it's easy with a 2DS because sleep mode to make the screens unresponsive is just a switch, not a fold.

So euh. Now I'm curious about what other folks do. !
Never unless it's extremely dirty

1-2 times a week

I'm too lazy to clean it...it's dirty right now as we speak, and the bottom screen is dirty too...some how dirt managed to get under the screen protector :rolleyes:. I should clean it but I'm way too lazy :dead:

I dont care enough to clean it frequently but 2 months is my limit :p

It depends; tiny cleans, like smudge removing or getting the dust away happens every time I see it. Proper cleaning every so many weeks. I noticed that my lower screen reacts slightly better when it a little (but really only a tiny bit) fatty, since that smooths out all the tiny scratches. So I tend to clean that one even less. :p

While I don't really keep my 3DS in a super-duper clean, no-dirt, pristine condition, ( :p ) I do clean every once in a while. I find smudges to be the most annoying thing, since they kinda ruin the 3d effect. My 3ds doesn't get much dust in the screen edges. Occasionally, I'd take a really long time attempting to clean it to a pristine condition :p

While I don't really keep my 3DS in a super-duper clean, no-dirt, pristine condition, ( :p ) I do clean every once in a while. I find smudges to be the most annoying thing, since they kinda ruin the 3d effect. My 3ds doesn't get much dust in the screen edges. Occasionally, I'd take a really long time attempting to clean it to a pristine condition :p

Have you ever succeeded? I always end up with tiny specks of dust that just seem to appears while I'm cleaning. :-/

Have you ever succeeded? I always end up with tiny specks of dust that just seem to appears while I'm cleaning. :-/
Yes, actually :3 though there were a few small specks in some places which were really hard to reach, such as in between the hinges >.< You can always expect dust to appear though :p It's practically everywhere xD

I clean it whenever I find it really dirty, which is almost every month. It doesn't get so dirty after all.

I don't really clean the screens on mine. I don't find myself touching the top screen with my fingers that much, and if I wipe the top screen to remove the dust, it's usually in a way that doesn't leave a smudge. I don't use my fingers with the touch screen either, so it doesn't get smudges. It does get dust and whatnot on it, but it doesn't really bother me.

I clean mine every week.

I clean min 3DS XL system anytime it's actually dirty or when I can't stand the finger smudges anymore. Otherwise I try to keep the system as clean as possible to avoid scratches and other blemishes. I often go so far as to get the soft self healing screen protectors and full body skins for my 3DS systems to keep them looking like new!

Back