AC:NL How To Get Villagers' Pictures|April Fools' Day Guide

• Thread starter nightfury123
  • Start date
nightfury123

nightfury123

The Night Fury
Towns Folk
Since April Fools' is coming up soon on the first of April, I thought I would post this guide for people who play AC: NL and are struggling to get pictures from villagers in their town. I've set myself a challenge: to get every single villager's picture! I'm doing them in alphabetical order. I was so pleased when Agent S came to my town, because she is the first 'A' villager in New Leaf. Agnes is next. If you want to see the full list, follow this link: http://animalcrossing.wikia.com/wiki/Villager_List_(New_Leaf)
Note: it might be useful to keep the link as a tab in your browser, you're going to need it.
1. Blanca will appear in your town square once you've loaded up the game. Go to him/her (genderless? It gets annoying calling Blanca him/her, so I'll just call it Blanca.)
Blanca will go through the usual April Fools dialogue:
"Hey there! Do you know what day it is today? Yep yep, it's April Fools' Day, the day of pranks and tricksters! Although the tricksters you have here in (town name) aren't very good! I'll show you the skills of a true professional trickster! What am I gonna do? I'll change myself to look just like someone in this town, and then I'll pay that person a surprise visit! Sounds like fun, don't you think?! ...Huh? Do you think I'm lying? Here hee! If you don't believe me, just you wait for the fun to start! Let's see. Whose house should I begin with today...? All right! Let's cause some mischief!" Then Blanca will vanish into thin air...
2. Blanca will visit your villagers in a pattern that is the same every April Fools' Day. And if you time travel of course...:sneaky: Talk to nearby villagers. They will eventually say that they haven't seen a certain villager (e.g Camofrog) for a while, or have heard a lot of noise going on inside their house.
3. Go to the house the villager mentioned. Once you enter, you will see two clones of the same villager looking angry or worried. For some reason, if you sit down on a chair, the villager clones will stop being angry or worried. Could be a glitch...:confused:
4. Anyway, go up to one of the clones and talk to them. They will say that their clone (or the real one) is an impostor. Then they will say something (their birthday, dream job, picture quote, how many siblings they have), that will allow you to tell who is real, and who is fake. They will give you a towel (of all things), to wipe the impostor's face with. Refuse to, until they argue about which day they were born on. Now, this is where the link comes in. Click on the tab where it is in your browser. Now, scroll down to where the cloned villager's name is. In the next column, you should find the villager's birthday.
5. If the clone you talked was Lyman, for example, Lyman's birthday is October 12th, and the clone said his birthday was, say, October 13th, then he's the impostor. If the Lyman clone said his birthday was October 12th, then the Lyman next to him is the impostor. I hope that wasn't too difficult to understand...
6. Reveal the imposter. Blanca will reveal him/herself, and go off to clone into another villager. The real villager will thank you, and give you a picture of themselves as a token of their friendship.
7. Repeat for all villagers.
I know this guide was long, but I hope it helped you! :)

Reactions: Kaynil and 3dsatackman
awesome guide

yep. it almost makes me want to tt to get my fav vilagers

yep. it almost makes me want to tt to get my fav vilagers
And then you can get their pictures, right?

I used the guide early but messed up on getting Lily's pic :(((
But I got everyone else in my town! Including the adorable Pecan!! :)))))

I used the guide early but messed up on getting Lily's pic :(((
But I got everyone else in my town! Including the adorable Pecan!! :)))))
That's good! :) Shame you missed out on getting Lily's pic, though.

That's good! :) Shame you missed out on getting Lily's pic, though.
Yeah... she's a cutie. Now I'm working on becoming a great friend of hers to get her pic.

Yeah... she's a cutie. Now I'm working on becoming a great friend of hers to get her pic.
Or... You could time-travel to April Fools' Day and try again...:sneaky:

I did everything here, since I time travel a lot, I've celebrated April Fools, just today. I was able to get everyone's pictures, not sure what to do with them now tho. My favorite pic is Bangle's, "Don't blink or you'll miss it." and it's so cute!

I did everything here, since I time travel a lot, I've celebrated April Fools, just today. I was able to get everyone's pictures, not sure what to do with them now tho. My favorite pic is Bangle's, "Don't blink or you'll miss it." and it's so cute!
It's the 31st today: if you celebrated April Fools' on AC:NL today, don't you need to change your 3DS's time back to today?

But, then again, you probably time-traveled...:sneaky:

Last edited by a moderator:
It's the 31st today: if you celebrated April Fools' on AC:NL today, don't you need to change your 3DS's time back to today?
Lol, yeah, I said I time traveled a lot :oops:

Lol, yeah, I said I time traveled a lot :oops:
It's okay, I time travel too!:sneaky:

reece if you dont want some pics i will buy them off you for bells i want to try to get them all

Reactions: Reece
Yes!!!! You can take 'em. I will sell them, I have around 9 @3dsatackman

ok and can i come to your town?

ok and can i come to your town?
Yup, come in the shoutbox, we'll talk there.

reece if you dont want some pics i will buy them off you for bells i want to try to get them all
Do you want to buy some from me too?

Sure, he looks like he's starting a collection, it's 100K for all :)

sure but i think this is kinda off topic

Back