How would we treat aliens?

• Thread starter Doctor Strange
  • Start date
Doctor Strange

Doctor Strange

Master of the Mystic Arts
Towns Folk
Lets say one day on the distant future, we find intelligent life in the vast Universe. We make contact and communicate with them. How would we treat them? Will they have the same rights as humans? Will they speak our language? Would they help or harm us? Would one be allowed to interbreed with a human? Would they be even intelligent at all?

Lets say one day on the distant future, we find intelligent life in the vast Universe. We make contact and communicate with them. How would we treat them? Will they have the same rights as humans? Will they speak our language? Would they help or harm us? Would one be allowed to interbreed with a human? Would they be even intelligent at all?
Be nice to them if they are nice and being mean to them if they are mean.

We can't really answer those questions because we don't know yet.

If they are civilized or show signs of it and aren't harmful at all, I wouldn't mind them having the same rights as humans. I doubt they'd speak English as well but I'm hoping we'd be able to communicate somehow and learn their language(s).

Assuming they come to us, try and be as nice as possible because if they have developed the technology to travel across galaxies to us, they can probably kick our butts. Give them what they want or try to do things Falling Skies-style, but that would require small groups of people resisting the alien invasion and basically getting lucky.

If we find them, be nice and try to develop a good relationship and trade deals. If we were to let them on our planet, if they can communicate with us, I don't see why we can't share the planet with them (but some people here can't deal with people of other races, let alone aliens from outer space xD).

Reactions: MindzEye
We'll treat them the same way we treat foreigners, people from different races and people with different beliefs.

Horribly.

What we want to happen is unfortunately not what we'll end up doing, if we can't be nice to each other I highly doubt we'll be nice to extraterrestrial lifeforms

Reactions: 3823
I'd want to be nice and politically reasonable with them, but after this voting season I don't think I can ever take politics seriously again.

I don't know, honestly, but probably what Froyo said. I'm not so sure if aliens would even come here or not. I mean, you know those UFO sightings where the UFO comes, then immediately leaves? You know why they do that? It's because they're scared of us. They think we're a miserable failure of a race. Here's an example of what I'm talking about:
And many, many other examples. #( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)'sOutForHarambe

I don't know, honestly, but probably what Froyo said. I'm not so sure if aliens would even come here or not. I mean, you know those UFO sightings where the UFO comes, then immediately leaves? You know why they do that? It's because they're scared of us. They think we're a miserable failure of a race. Here's an example of what I'm talking about:
And many, many other examples. #( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)'sOutForHarambe
Hadn't it occurred to you that maybe they fly by just to point and laugh?

That a easy question.1.we would want to treat them nicely so they would have our respect but it depends on the culture of the aliens(they could be good or bad). 2.

We'll treat them how they treat us. Though I doubt we will be able to communicate because the world can't all speak the same language so any chance of communication is probably dead already. If they greet us with war then we should fight back. Though any chance of them not coming for that reason is highly unlikely as we, the dominating more intelligent (which is debatable in some cases) species create war even though it hurts everyone around them. From that we can probably guess that, if they are intelligent enough to come to Earth, than they will most likely try and dominate us like we do ourselves.
I wouldn't put your hopes up.

Yeah, I guess. I doubt the future will end up like Star Trek.

It all really depends on if their docile or not. If they try to harm us, we would have to destroy them with our awesone fiahpowah :vamp:

It all really depends on if their docile or not. If they try to harm us, we would have to destroy them with our awesone fiahpowah :vamp:
Eh, the same firepower that all but kills everything in the area used and makes it unhabitable for years to come?

Right. Unless communication is dome with them outside the Earth, we're likely doomed, even if we blast them full of nuclear warheads.

Eh, the same firepower that all but kills everything in the area used and makes it unhabitable for years to come?

Right. Unless communication is dome with them outside the Earth, we're likely doomed, even if we blast them full of nuclear warheads.
inb4 They stop over Japan, so everyone blows that part of the world to bits

inb4 They stop over Japan, so everyone blows that part of the world to bits
Even if it's just Japan, the loss of that specific location would also cripple us. The entertainment industry, for starters, has lots of stuff there. Some of the biggest minds in the world, as well.

Even if it's just Japan, the loss of that specific location would also cripple us. The entertainment industry, for starters, has lots of stuff there. Some of the biggest minds in the world, as well.
If the blasts were contained to one part of the world, no matter which part, humanity would still be able to survive. Quality of Life would probably go down (unless we blasted Africa away, in which case it would probably improve :hilarious:), but humanity wouldn't be doomed. At least, as long as there's not another alien attack :p

If the blasts were contained to one part of the world, no matter which part, humanity would still be able to survive. Quality of Life would probably go down (unless we blasted Africa away, in which case it would probably improve :hilarious:), but humanity wouldn't be doomed. At least, as long as there's not another alien attack :p
We'd still wouldn't get out of an alien invasion directly on Earth unscathed, some parr of humanity would take a hit, whether it's on the USA, Japan, Africa or whatever :p

Which goes to my point, we'd be better off if the confrontation took place outside of Earth, here, no matter the place, we'll have consequences for it.

We'd still wouldn't get out of an alien invasion directly on Earth unscathed, some parr of humanity would take a hit, whether it's on the USA, Japan, Africa or whatever :p

Which goes to my point, we'd be better off if the confrontation took place outside of Earth, here, no matter the place, we'll have consequences for it.
We're definitely better off if we could somehow target them without harming Earth, but if we have to harm Earth, we (probably) won't be doomed.

The aliens could be cute, in between, or deadly. Such a case would determine the human reaction to them. It would be nice to say they'd all be like ET, but then there is reality.

watch arrival

I think that movie says it all

Back