Hyrule Warriors Hyrule Warriors (3DS version announced!)

• Thread starter Demon_skeith
  • Start date
Wikipedia said:
Hyrule Warriors (tentative title), is an upcoming hack and slash action video game for the Wii U video game console. The game is a collaboration between Tecmo Koei and Nintendo, and will contain elements of Nintendo's The Legend of Zelda series and Tecmo Koei's Dynasty Warriors series.

Gameplay

The gameplay is very similar to Tecmo Koei's Dynasty Warriors series of video games, but instead using the setting and characters from Nintendo's The Legend of Zelda series. The player controls Link, most closely resembling his Skyward Sword iteration, in melee combat to take on large numbers of enemies from the Legend of Zelda series. While there will be a far stronger emphasis on combat than other games in the Legend of Zelda series, the player will still use common weapons from prior games in the series, such as a sword, bombs, and Link's signature spin attack. Obtaining items through discovering and opening chests will be retained as well.

-------

thoughts? It's only a spin-off, but at least it has some elements of Zelda. It will be released for the Wii U sometime this year. The battle system with Zelda elements sounds cool. And taking on hordes of enemies.

i'm intrigued by it. I was never much of a Dynasty Warrior's fan, but I want to give this a go, considering it is doing one of my favourite nintendo franchises.

Hyrule Warriors
maxresdefault.jpg
I've been searching the forum, and it's hard to find a thread that is solely dedicated to this game and it's overall topics so I've made this because a lot of news are being released, and the Japanese version is being launched on August 14th, 2014. We already know that some news would be offered at E3 as well, so I'm excited for that.

(Footage December 18th, 2013)

Japanese exclusive news has been announced in week’s Famitsu issue, giving little detail to the game:
- Premium box will be available for at least 10,000 yen (exact amount unknown)
- Retail release is at least 7,000 yen (exact amount unknown)
- Digital release is at least 6,000 yen (exact amount unknown)
- Producers: Hisashi Koinuma, Yosuke Hayashi
- Supervisor: Eiji Aonuma
- Developers: ω-Force / Team NINJA
- Link sets off to rescue Princess Zelda
- Zelda has been kidnapped by the evil witch Shia
- Link, Impa, Shia introduced in the magazine
- Some of Shia’s minions shown as well
- Shia might be under control of a force of dark magic (not clear)
- Locations include Hyrule Field
- Will have unexpected playable characters

Even though, I'm more excited for Zelda U, this game looks enjoyable as well, and I can't wait to see more gameplay of it! Let me know what you think of this week's Famisu news of the game and are you excited to hear more at E3?

I'm getting the game but in no ways am I excited for it. I don't even get excited for the main series games :panda:

I'm getting the game but in no ways am I excited for it. I don't even get excited for the main series games :panda:

Really? You've never been excited for a Zelda game? o_O What Nintendo games do you get excited for?

Really? You've never been excited for a Zelda game? o_O What Nintendo games do you get excited for?
He gets excited for style savvy Eshop exclusive.

And Mariokart 8 lmaooo

Reactions: TAG

Well, within the past year the only games I've been excited for were Dark Moon, Pokémon X/Y, and Mario Kart 8. :headphone:

Reactions: TAG and Heart
I'm excited! It has Link in it and some LoZ characteristics mixed with some other game aspects. So what more do you want? xD

I would get this if I actually had a Wii U. >_>

He gets excited for style savvy Eshop exclusive.

And Mariokart 8 lmaooo
Lol, that's pretty much it?!

I know this is a set back from the original Zelda "puzzle" games, but I think games like these are always good to have in a large install base series, and not always being set or classified to one type of genre (am I making sense). You'd normally feel like the originality is slowly going away, and games like Hyrule Warriors ignite that spark. But that's just how I look at it.

Final Fantasy -VIII- x Zelda x Dinasty Warriors:

IfGqvAw.png

Mz8oz6Q.png

XqbRMBC.png

S4kC2rm.png

Story:

Shia, the game’s main antagonist, was in charge of protecting the equilibrium of the Triforce. However, she developed feelings for Link and becomes jealous of his relationship with Princess Zelda.

Shia ends up becoming overcome by wickedness. With her two minions Valga and Wizro, she throws Hyrule in a state of chaos.

Link is a soldier-in-training in Hyrule Warriors. Famitsu confirms that the chain mail is his soldier-in-training gear.

Hyrule warriors looks pretty cool if you ask me, it looks like one of those games that a lot or people like but a lot of people hate it if I had a wii u I would probably buy it if I had no other games that I wanted to buy, but forget about hyrule warriors I want majoras mask 3d...

New Screenshots of Hyrule Warriors: :love:
hyrule_1_1.jpg

hyrule_2_1.jpg

hyrule_3_1.jpg

hyrule_4_1.jpg

hyrule_5_1.jpg

hyrule_6_1.jpg

hyrule_7_1.jpg

hyrule_8_1.jpg

hyrule_10_1.jpg

hyrule_11_1.jpg

hyrule_12_1.jpg

hyrule_13_1.jpg

hyrule_15_1.jpg

hyrule_16_1.jpg

hyrule_17_1.jpg

hyrule_18_1.jpg

hyrule_19_1.jpg

hyrule_20_1.jpg

hyrule_21_1.jpg

hyrule_22_1.jpg

I am in love with this game, it looks so interesting, especially the story-line. I need to know more!​

Reactions: BumpyCarz
This game looks really amazing. I didn't think much of it when I first heard of it, but after looking at these images I'll definitely be looking forward to what Nintendo has to say about it at E3.

Final Fantasy -VIII- x Zelda x Dinasty Warriors:
Story:
Shia, the game’s main antagonist, was in charge of protecting the equilibrium of the Triforce. However, she developed feelings for Link and becomes jealous of his relationship with Princess Zelda.
Shia ends up becoming overcome by wickedness. With her two minions Valga and Wizro, she throws Hyrule in a state of chaos.
Link is a soldier-in-training in Hyrule Warriors. Famitsu confirms that the chain mail is his soldier-in-training gear.

Is that the actual story? Because if it is, then what I'm getting is that an entire disaster occurs because of some love triangle.

Is that the actual story? Because if it is, then what I'm getting is that an entire disaster occurs because of some love triangle.

Best part: It looks like the story of TLoZ will start with this game (doesn't have sense with Skyward Sword, so it should be when Hyrule was created)

Those are some awesome screen shots, can't wait to play it.

Much hasn't been announced as yet, I think at E3 they'll give more news on the story, but it really sounds like a love story triangle, which is new for "The Legend of Zelda" series, I need to know more. :nailbiting:

Ugh, now I want a Wii U even more >_<

Ugh, now I want a Wii U even more >_<
I know right, I'm sure after Nintendo's presentation at E3 2014, I will definitely put this console on my "to-get list", Mario Kart 8 and Hyrule Warriors, have me instantly hooked on the system, who knows what we'll see at E3 now!?

I know right, I'm sure after Nintendo's presentation at E3 2014, I will definitely put this console on my "to-get list", Mario Kart 8 and Hyrule Warriors, have me instantly hooked on the system, who knows what we'll see at E3 now!?
Yeah, and since I never got a home console (TV is too old. >_<) I've also never played Twilight Princess, Skyward Sword and The Wind Waker which I would like to play SOOOO badly! One day, Moon Rain, one day...

I did play Majora's Mask, but I played it by using an emulator... I WAS DESPERATE!

Back