Hyrule Warriors Hyrule Warriors... Good or bad?

• Thread starter Shartimue
  • Start date
Shartimue

Shartimue

The Smash Bro
Towns Folk
So we all know about the upcoming Wii U game, but, it is worthy?

What are your thoughs?

I don't know enough about it to give an informed opinion. When Nintendo releases more info, footage, etc. I'll be able to gauge better. Until that time, I've no idea. I'm sure it will be fun though, Zelda games almost always are.

Well to be honest i saw a lot of people getting really excited by the game but i saw lot of people getting mad too, mostly because they dont want to see new things.

So far I'm not impressed. That's all I have to say.

So we all know about the upcoming Wii U game, but, it is worthy?

What are your thoughs?
for a spin-off, I'd say it seems legit. It could be pretty cool to see a combat-focused Zelda game, if they execute it right that is. I mean, we've seen Hidden Skills and such throughout the franchise, so a game that focuses on swordplay wouldn't be all that bad. In fact, I could even see this as a game taking place before Skyward Sword (that great war that they refer to in the game...)

Yeah, it might be a good reason too buy a Wii U for people who don't have one

Yeah, it might be a good reason too buy a Wii U for people who don't have one
eh I wouldn't call it THAT legit. I don't think this game will be a console-seller, but rather more of an interesting addition for current Wii U owners to add to their game collection

Reactions: Kaynil
eh I wouldn't call it THAT legit. I don't think this game will be a console-seller, but rather more of an interesting addition for current Wii U owners to add to their game collection
Well, you're right

An online service could be pretty cool

Well, you're right

An online service could be pretty cool
wait, how's an online service relevant to this?

I dont know, it can have a "capture the flag" like system, it would be very nice

I dont know, it can have a "capture the flag" like system, it would be very nice
not sure how that'd work given that Hyrule Warriors is meant to be a hack-and-slash game. I feel this game is more focused on the single-player experience rather than multiplayer (especially since it's one individual going against multiple). With that said, perhaps they could do co-op

Not enough info to hate on it, but those who hate dynasty warriors will hate this game despite it looking cool.

Reactions: TAG
I think it looks great, and I'm not really a big Dynasty Warriors fan, but this is definitely a day one download for me.

Unrelated to whay I think of the game itself, I can't believe how stupid Nintendo was to show off Cranky Kong at VGX instead of Hyrule Warriors. Let's be honest, the main viewers of VGX were people that own an Xbox One or Playstation 4 and are familiar with the Warriors series. That audience couldn't care less about Donkey Kong.

It sure does look great, Wouldn't it be awesome if there was a multiplayer mode in which you could kill enemies, Earn exp and upgrade your weapons and fight against other players.?

I think it looks great, and I'm not really a big Dynasty Warriors fan, but this is definitely a day one download for me.

Unrelated to whay I think of the game itself, I can't believe how stupid Nintendo was to show off Cranky Kong at VGX instead of Hyrule Warriors. Let's be honest, the main viewers of VGX were people that own an Xbox One or Playstation 4 and are familiar with the Warriors series. That audience couldn't care less about Donkey Kong.
Dont remind me that, please.

Reactions: BjFauble
It sure does look great, Wouldn't it be awesome if there was a multiplayer mode in which you could kill enemies, Earn exp and upgrade your weapons and fight against other players.?
That sounds more like an MMO and I'm not sure that the franchise should go that direction, even if this is a spin-off game. I think it's fine as it is: an amazing single-player experience.

Hmm. That is true, @naagza . I am pretty amazed by how awesome this game looks and already has so much potential to be a great hit in the Wii U Library.
Only if I could get a Wii U that had this game for cheap :/

Not all stories can be told within the framework of a Zelda story traditionally done.
Many stories would in fact need a different genre completely in order to make different experiences (Such as full on war) feel even remotely plausible gameplay wise.

So... Yeah! I'm excited for it. It will be a Warriors spinoff with Zelda flavor, and to expect otherwise is stupid. It is spelled out by Iwata in the announcement even. If you don't like Warriors, it will suck.
But for me....
OHHHHHH YEAH.

well I'm still not sure about how the game will turn out, I've played a samurai warrior game before and although te gameplay was very good it got boring quickly for me.

I think its awesome!!! :D because it has many more action and combos when you attack ;) I love it!

Back