Gen 6 I battled someone with a Latios that mega evolved?!

• Thread starter 532
  • Start date
Not necessarily. If he modified it on runtime, then, Nintendo won't notice it, unless the change was made during he was connected to Internet.
If he modified the address from the ROM, yes there would have been a risk, and he would had to code an 'event' to get the Mega-Stone.

Also, maybe he used one of the 3DS Development Consoles/Kit...
That is possible, but unlikely. 3DS development kits are not available openly to the public, and it is not easy to acquire one in the first place.
I am still waiting for the event that distributes the item.

That is possible, but unlikely. 3DS development kits are not available openly to the public, and it is not easy to acquire one in the first place.
I am still waiting for the event that distributes the item.

I remember seeing some once... I know that they have no region-lock, due to them having a different firmware, and I thought I saw one once (on the net) for about $300...

And yeah, same here. But at this rate, it'll be released for when the Gen 3 remakes will be out !

I am pretty sure you can get the mega stones for Latios/Latias through the use of powersaves

Wow, I never knew that there was a Mega Latios already coded in the game. I bet Game Freak is a bit upset right now, but I wonder why they had on the Pokemon X cartridge in the first place. It makes sense to release it with Pokemon OR/AS, but what would be the reason of storing that data on the X/Y cartridges. I think that this might be a sign that the two games will have some sort of connectivity (maybe even completely integrated together).

The only way to get the Lati@site is to use a Powersave or to completely change the code so that it is available without the help of an official evnt. I ant the Lati@site.

It's definitely obtained via powersave/cheating device. There is no event for the mega stones yet so I advise against looking for one right now, especially since you may get in trouble for doing so.

Wow, I never knew that there was a Mega Latios already coded in the game. I bet Game Freak is a bit upset right now, but I wonder why they had on the Pokemon X cartridge in the first place. It makes sense to release it with Pokemon OR/AS, but what would be the reason of storing that data on the X/Y cartridges. I think that this might be a sign that the two games will have some sort of connectivity (maybe even completely integrated together).
The code was hidden in the game, just like Diancie was hidden in the code. I have a feeling that the Mega stones for both will be obtained after some sort of event

Back