I didn't see this Fortnite Nintendo Switch bundle coming

• Thread starter Marc
  • Start date
Marc

Marc

"Marc's the sugar daddy of gaming" - Artisan 2020
Forum Management
I was expecting Smash Bros. Ultimate and Pokemon Let's GO bundles, but Fortnite was not one the games I was expecting to get an official bundle. The good news is, it's priced the same as a regular Nintendo Switch.

The bundle includes (for $300 US) :
  • The Nintendo Switch console, dock and joycons.
  • The regular package accessories: joycon grip, ac adapter, HDMI cable and dock.
  • Fortnite full game download (it's free lol).
  • Double Helix Set (a unique character outfit, back bling, glider and pickaxe).
  • 1,000 V-bucks in Fortnite.

DnVPkUkU0AE5Auz.jpg

@SkyHuntress Nintendo said, "it's a bundle royal" :eyes2:

Reactions: Mikaya
I don't really care about this because I don't really like fortnite. I find it boring.

COME AT ME HATERS!

Reactions: Marc
"Fortnite full game download" makes me think that along with the screens that where found, we might be looking at Save the World coming to the switch soon.

I couldn't give a rats tail about battle royale, but if StW is coming for the switch, sign me the hell up. As long as I can keep my progress which I guess I can since you can link accounts (not if you're a PS4 player though lol)

Reactions: Marc
I saw this earlier today and I couldn't see the point in that. I mean, since it's the same price as a regular Nintendo Switch, why would Nintendo bother to throw extra freebies along with Fortnite? I don't think that Nintendo Switch's sales are so low to justify that (I'm trying to be reasonable here, but, well, money talks so I can see why)...
As for the game, well, I'm as excited as the guys who posted before me :D

I saw this earlier today and I couldn't see the point in that. I mean, since it's the same price as a regular Nintendo Switch, why would Nintendo bother to throw extra freebies along with Fortnite? I don't think that Nintendo Switch's sales are so low to justify that (I'm trying to be reasonable here, but, well, money talks so I can see why)...
As for the game, well, I'm as excited as the guys who posted before me :D
Nintendo does this because it would sell out like hotcakes around Christmas times.
Think about who's buying these products, not who's playing these products. Parents who hear their kids saying the words "Nintendo Switch" and "Fortnite" all the time would pick this up for sure. To most parents, that's about all they now when it comes to our video games, except for the occasional ones who have listened to their kid more on what they're playing. So for them, when they see Nintendo Switch, Fortnite, and Full game download (because they may not know it's free) for regular switch price they will think it's a good deal.

Reactions: 28142
Nobody should be complaining about this. You pay nothing extra for the fortnite stuff, and this gives you enough vbucks for the battle pass, which makes the game better.

Well, I certainly didn't see that coming, That's for sure!

The extra goodies sound generous and reasonable. You can't really expect too much from a freeware title. xD

I guess you could cosplay with the helix set. Seeming as there are some seriously dedicated fans out there, It's perfect for them. :lapras:

As for the V-Bucks, It's a nice little boost. Kinda like try before you buy some with your actual money. :p

There are better bundles out there but this is like the Minecraft Xbox for Nintendo imo. I haven't played the game but I'm sure it's just a fad and there will never be another like it so it may have some value in the future if you plan to sell it with the extra stuff added.

"It's a bundle royale."

Dangit, that's actually kinda clever. >.<

I can't tell whether I like you or not for that fun @Danominator

Reactions: Danominator
Huh it looks pretty much the same as a regular switch, except for the game.

that's because it is the same thing as a regular switch with the game.

Yeah I know. Its just kind of pointless in my opinion but cool for fortnite fans.

well I mean yeah, if you don't have a switch and are gonna wanna get a switch and play fortnite on it it's good, especially because of the 1000 v-bucks but it to everybody else it kinda doesn't mean that much.

I never played Fortnite and it doesnt look that fun to be honest... But i like the dances lol

I've played it a couple of times, and I found it to be boring.

I think its one of those games where the game is boring unless you pay money.

not really though, because in fortnite you don't start off with any weapons or anything like that. I'm pretty sure the only real thing you can buy are the single player campaign and the skins and dance moves etc.

not really though, because in fortnite you don't start off with any weapons or anything like that. I'm pretty sure the only real thing you can buy are the single player campaign and the skins and dance moves etc.
You can but the battle pass, which adds more challenges, which makes it more fun.
Without the battle pass, your only objective is to win, and that doesn’t happen often, so it’s easier to get bored, as you aren’t accomplishing anything most of the time. Battle pass adds stuff to accomplish.

@luigiFTW Oh.. well that just shows how much I know about the game lol

Back