I don't see much of a difference from a Wii U and a DS?

• Thread starter milksheikh
  • Start date
milksheikh

milksheikh

I'm Not A Pikachu
Towns Folk
Can someone tell me what's the difference between a Wii U and a DS?

I honestly don't see a huge difference and don't see why they made 2 different portable gaming devices with different names.

Dude, Wii U and the DS are entirely different consoles. I can't see any similarities between them :panda: The Wii U isn't portable, by the way.

Everything - how they look, the controllers, the graphics, the fact that the Wii U is a home console and the DS is portable - is different between the two.

They look different:

images

wiiuwrapupalltech620pxwmed.jpg

The Wii U is a much more powerful console, so its games usually have better graphics (graphics comparision, above is DS, below is Wii U):

Composicion_Resident_Evil_DS01.jpg

resident-evil-revelations-wii-u-640x384.jpg

Reactions: Blue Knight, Troy21 and 3dsatackman
Can someone tell me what's the difference between a Wii U and a DS?

I honestly don't see a huge difference and don't see why they made 2 different portable gaming devices with different names.

If you don't see a huge difference, than you simply aren't looking.

I hope you aren't tolling.

Reactions: Blue Knight, Troy21 and 18
The difference is the DS actually sold.

The Wii U can actually provide an HD 1080p 60FPS online MarioKart experience.

Reactions: BlazingPhoenix
the wiiu is so different that the 3ds/ds it is insane. but if you did not know this just look at them : the 3ds is portable and has 2 screens and has one that is in 3d. the wiiu has kinda 2 screens is not very portable, is in hd, has bigger miiverse, is a console not a handheld.

Reactions: Blue Knight
I hope he's not serious :panda:. Basically: Nintendo Wii U- Home Console with Portable "tablet" Touchscreen Controller (Gamepad), on the Wii U you can also use controllers like the Wii-Mote and Wii U Pro Controller (optional, works with certain games). The Nintendo 3DS is a portable system, having the same properties as the previous DS consoles; dual screen, bottom touchscreen, clamshell design. Considering the Wii U to be the home console it has better specs than the Nintendo 3DS.

There's a lot of differnce because the wii u is more new and fresh than the ds

Wii U is the most powerful Nintendo console ever made. It's visuals are stunning and it has a ton of cool applications. Its library is a bit small right now, but it will slowly expand. The DS released about 10 years ago and is already outclassed by most phones in terms of hardware. That's not to say it's bad or anything- it probably has one of the deepest libraries of any console ever.
Some more fundamental features of the Wii U are that it has 2 analog sticks. It also, of course, connects to your TV so you can enjoy your game clearly and in HD. These two consoles might share an idea, but they are in completely separate categories.

Reactions: TheSpiritedWarrior
The Wii U is totally different than the DS. The most obvious thing is that the Wii U isn't portable. The Wii U can use many different types of controllers, but the Gamepad doesn't last very long (battery) The DS has some dummed down graphics while the Wii I has everything in "HD"

I'm sure you mean the 3DS. But there's a huge different. 3DS is portable. Wii U is a home console. Wii U is more powerful of the two. They each have there own exclusive games, similar games that play different, or have the same game with exclusive content. And... uh. Oh yeah.

3DS done better than the Wii U.

Wii u is much more better than the 3ds, its done much better too! 3ds is way more weaker than the console, trust me, they are uncomparable when it comes to power, the wii u is just way too much powerful compared, very obvious considering its a console. I play my wii u much more than my 3ds, the games are just way better, its a console and consoles in general can do grander games.

Wii u is much more better than the 3ds, its done much better too! 3ds is way more weaker than the console, trust me, they are uncomparable when it comes to power, the wii u is just way too much powerful compared, very obvious considering its a console. I play my wii u much more than my 3ds, the games are just way better, its a console and consoles in general can do grander games.
"Better" doesn't mean anything. You must specify what characteristic you're comparing and you only mentionned power. It's true that on this domain the Wii U beats the 3DS. But I'm not sure someone who doesn't have a TV or someone who travels a lot would care that much about that if the other choice brings portability.

I mean if the Wii U was that obviously better (which you said 3 times) than the 3DS, why would they even bother selling the 3DS ? It's obvious that they both have advantages.

Reactions: Blue Knight and ESP
@Hayleia And anybody could say "If the Wii U is better than the 3DS in every way, why has the 3DS done significantly better in sales than the Wii U? Why has the new president of Nintendo admitted that he knew the Wii U wasn't going to do well?" It's seems in Spirited's case, it's about being more better in terms of which system's games has more gloss rather than what the system can do to it's potential.

Reactions: Hayleia
@Hayleia And anybody could say "If the Wii U is better than the 3DS in every way, why has the 3DS done significantly better in sales than the Wii U? Why has the new president of Nintendo admitted that he knew the Wii U wasn't going to do well?" It's seems in Spirited's case, it's about being more better in terms of which system's games has more gloss rather than what the system can do to it's potential.
Lol, its just an opinion, calm down. 3ds could also be better too, its just for me, its better. People have opinions you know. I just simply got bored of it, putting the way that I played almost all the 3ds games I wanted to play, its just for me, its the better system.
"Better" doesn't mean anything. You must specify what characteristic you're comparing and you only mentionned power. It's true that on this domain the Wii U beats the 3DS. But I'm not sure someone who doesn't have a TV or someone who travels a lot would care that much about that if the other choice brings portability.

I mean if the Wii U was that obviously better (which you said 3 times) than the 3DS, why would they even bother selling the 3DS ? It's obvious that they both have advantages.
People have opinions you know, and stop judging something from sales. I agree the wii u sold terrible but that does not mean so people prefer it over the 3ds, I know many people who also prefer the 3ds over the wii u. Jesus, calm down, you should know that people have opinions, just like how you are also saying your opinion, so calm down......
You can not judge something merely from sales, honestly. The president sure did admit it did not do well, but that really did not mean its a bad console, its just nintendo needed to admit it did not do well, that really does not mean anything. You both really need to acknowledge that people have opinions, its not like we all have the same mind or anything like that.

Last edited:
I think you mixed both quotes because your second paragraph deals with sales, which the first quote deals with too, and your first paragraph is more generic, which the second quote is too.

So I guess the "calm down" was for me, and in that case, I was calm, and I was just asking for more arguments than "better, better, weaker, power, power, better, grander" :p

Reactions: Blue Knight and ESP
@Hayleia Nah, the second was for me.

@TheSpiritedWarrior I don't think you should tell me to not judge a console by sales when you go and say stuff like this:
Hayleia said it herself. There's more to a argument than praising the console like your favorite child. I myself don't judge consoles, regardless if one can run games a bit better. Like I've said before, it's about what the system can do to its full potential. And the 3DS has done so. It has its fair share of great exclusives.

Reactions: Hayleia
@Hayleia Nah, the second was for me.

@TheSpiritedWarrior I don't think you should tell me to not judge a console by sales when you go and say stuff like this:

Hayleia said it herself. There's more to a argument than praising the console like your favorite child. I myself don't judge consoles, regardless if one can run games a bit better. Like I've said before, it's about what the system can do to its full potential. And the 3DS has done so. It has its fair share of great exclusives.
I think you mixed both quotes because your second paragraph deals with sales, which the first quote deals with too, and your first paragraph is more generic, which the second quote is too.

So I guess the "calm down" was for me, and in that case, I was calm, and I was just asking for more arguments than "better, better, weaker, power, power, better, grander" :p
Alrighty, I do apologize for my biased comment. Nothing is better than the other, agreed, 3ds does indeed has its awesome share of exclusives also, I am excited mainly for paper jam for that matter, I do prefer the wii u over the 3ds, of course, that is mainly an opinion, I never really hated the 3ds for that matter, I play on it a lot also:wacky:. But yeah, sorry about that biased comment of mine, I really did not mean to praise it like what a fanboy would do, its really just a preference, not to say in any matter I hate the 3ds, because I play on it a lot also, its just I tend to play a lot more on the wii u, that is why I like to play on it a lot. I really did act like a fanboy though, sorry about that:cry:. Cheers

Reactions: ESP and Hayleia
The Wii U and a DS have many Physical differences when it comes to design and hardware. First a Wii U is a console and a DS is a handheld to an obvious note which means that the Wii U has WAY more power and can hold more storage that a DS or a 3DS. Also the Wii U and DS have very different designs but I get why you say they are similar because they surround the term "Dual Screen" though they are not really the same because a DS has a clamshell design and a Wii U is a console that uses a gamepad to play. That is why the Wii U and the DS are totally different consoles in the gaming world.:cat:

To be honest there are really big differences with the two of them. First of all the gamepad is a whole while the DS is a bendable. The Wii u gamepad is larger than the DS. The Wii u gamepad actually has more data to it than the DS I think. The gamepad also has a lot more to offer with games and lots others. To be honest the gamepad is superior.

The difference is the DS actually sold.

The Wii U can actually provide an HD 1080p 60FPS online MarioKart experience.
SICK BURN!

Back