I hate my 2DS!!! (Advise?)

• Thread starter Fluzzy
  • Start date
Fluzzy

Fluzzy

Lil' P
Towns Folk
I got it for free when I traded in my DS Lite, at GameStop, but it annoys me so much that it can't fold up and it doesn't have 3D because unlike most people, I actually really like the 3D features. Somebody know if I can trade it in with a 3ds for less than $20? Thanks for your answers!

You could sell the 2ds for as much as you can (Just do some research) and then buy a 3ds with that money. Find the cheapest 3ds you can and get that.

Reactions: spagooti and Mikaya
The higher the selling price of the 2ds the better so that way you can buy a 3ds with that money for myself I bought a 2ds and traded it in fir a 3ds for under $20 so that should help you

Trade it in

If it is a used 2ds the price wont be as high as a mint 2ds.

Where can I sell it? I don't want to sell on eBay or Amazon.

Where can I sell it? I don't want to sell on eBay or Amazon.

For me there's shops near me that have Trade-ins and there's loads of different shops where you're able to sell consoles/games to them. There must be some game shops around you so why don't you start off by looking there and see if they'll buy the 2ds from you? Then if they wont then you'll have to turn to something like eBay.

Just wondering, why don't you want to sell on eBay/Amazon? It's where I sell/buy most of my stuff and I've never had any problems.

Reactions: Mikaya
Well, there are a couple of shops like GAME or CEX (They have a website; check it out if you haven't already) That take consoles and trade them in for either cash-in-hand or store points. I'm not entirely sure if you can use store points to buy consoles, but rather often the points can get you more than cash-in-hand can.

Reactions: Shin and Mikaya
Well, there are a couple of shops like GAME or CEX (They have a website; check it out if you haven't already) That take consoles and trade them in for either cash-in-hand or store points. I'm not entirely sure if you can use store points to buy consoles, but rather often the points can get you more than cash-in-hand can.

For GAME, the store points you get gives you discounts. The more points, the higher the discount.
You just need to be part of the GAME loyalty thing and their club to use/get them.

The higher the selling price of the 2ds the better so that way you can buy a 3ds with that money for myself I bought a 2ds and traded it in fir a 3ds for under $20 so that should help you
Where did you trade it in, and what year? Really don't want to spend much money!

Where did you trade it in, and what year? Really don't want to spend much money!
The 2ds is now worth 80 dollars brand new, so I doubt you will be able to sell it for too much. Regular 3ds's are pretty hard to find these days, and they go used for 90 dollars.

Let's say you manage to sell your 2ds for 45 dollars. Then for a used 3ds, you will have to pay at least an additional 45 dollars. The 2ds is not worth much these days, so you will have to spend quite a bit of money for a 3d model.

I know a guy who can upgrade your 2DS to a 3DS he take the already existing parts and uses the 3DS's outside, it's literally the same thing it can't go 3D, but it can't go in sleep mode because the switch isn't there and the screens look a bit weird.

Then why would you want the 3ds? The whole point of the 3ds is FOR THE 3D!

Then why would you want the 3ds? The whole point of the 3ds is FOR THE 3D!

Not always. I own a 3ds but I got it instead of the 2ds because I hated the design of the 2ds. I basically never use the 3ds funtion because I just don't like it. Most people own a 3ds but down use the 3d function either.

Just because you own a 3ds it doesn't mean that HAVE to use the 3d function.

Everyone is different and I understand that but if he is getting a 3ds and not use the 3d then y even get it? To play games that the 2ds can already play, better design for the extra $40+ or just so he can fit the system in his pocket?

To be honest I would just wait until the next 3ds system or the NX comes out because by then you will probably have enough money to the buy system.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's not just that it can fit in your pocket, it's because, for me at least, it's much easier to handle and store. I'm also used to having my old ds lite which was the same design as the 3ds. I just hate the design of the 2ds personally.

For people with big hands the 2ds is much better and the design isn't too bad its like a rectangle PS Vita but with worse graphics and a gimmicky 3d function plus the fact that the 2 ds is much more durable and one major factor is that the 2ds is inexpensive so its more afforadable than let's say the New 3DS XL. Parents can give their child pretty much the same experience on a $80 2ds (because we all know that no one turns on the 3d on the old 3ds) than the $180 3ds and they can use the left over $100 for 2 games.

If you trade it in gamestop its only worth $35 so I would suggest selling online but that takes longer.

Last edited by a moderator:
I actually have a plan, I am selling it to gamestop, and buying a 3ds from eBay that is broken, because I know how to fix them. I also have 11 extra dollars i won't even use, and I'm fine with spending less than 25 dollars, so technically, I would have $71, but I'd rather spend less. So far the best deal I found, is a 3ds that has a broken slider for $44. Thanks for the help though. :)

Considering I just a 3DS on July 24,2016 from the Close 5 app for only $50 its really good condition. So you should use the app and search 3DS and make offers to sellers to get 3DS's for like $50 to $70. Its a great app and the sellers are honest. Ireally recommend and by the the you should sell your 2DS on the close 5 app im sure someone would buy it!!

I know a good solution. if you have a youtube account, make a video of you smashing it to peices! then monotize it! you could probably get a few dollars out of it.

Back