If DS games were on the 3DS eShop, which ones would you want?

• Thread starter 18
  • Start date

Lime Pawpaw
Towns Folk
What do you think of Nintendo DS games being made available on the eShop in downloadable form? There's no problem with file size limits and they'll obviously run on the 3DS - in fact the only reason I can think of that Nintendo haven't done this already is out of fear of piracy.

If DS games were available on the 3DS eShop, which ones would you want to play most?

My own list:

• Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days
  • The World Ends With You
  • English of the Dead
  • Super Robot Taisen OG Saga: Endless Frontier
I haven't actually played Endless Frontier, but I'd love to do so, which is why I'd want it on the eShop. Also, English of the Dead (it's House of the Dead 2/Typing of the Dead, played by writing words on the touch screen to blast zombies) on the DS was never released outside Japan so it's kind of absurd to hope for it. I can dream though :p

What about you guys?

Actually, I don't know... Apart from Nanashi No Game, there's no that much DS games interesting me, because I have them in cartridges :D !

The World Ends with You. And SMT: Strange Journey. Want to replay Strange Journey (Law and Chaos route) and want to play TWEWY. Because SQEX non-FF franchise is awesome. This one, especially the art and the music. The gameplay is a new breakthrough, too.

I would want Super Mario 64 DS.

Reactions: Bugalet and BjFauble
My biggest want would be Mario Kart DS. Having to switch out games very often is a pain, especially when you play them regularly...

hehehe mine is super robot... its a cool game

Here's my list:
  • Zelda: Phantom Hourglass and Zelda: Spirit Tracks
  • Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Echoes of Time
  • Final Fantasy XII: Revenant Wings
  • Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor 2
  • Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon
I couldn't find a Zelda game in the store when I first got my DS. Back then, I wasn't much of a Fire Emblem fan (never played it / only heard about it). Thanks to Fire Emblem Awakening, I am now, :singing: I also recently gotten into the SMT series, so Devil Survivor 2 is a must get. I've been a Final Fantasy fan since I played the first game, so yeah, :writing:

I would have said Pokemon but tbh, I don't play it for the single player gameplay. I already own New Super Mario Bros. and Mario Kart DS so I wouldn't really want to repurchase them.

Reactions: 3823, faustine and 18
  • kirby mass attack
  • mario and luigi partners in time
  • TLOZ PH
and thats it :3

@Marc have you played/finished SMT: Strange Journey? Devil Survivor spin-off has cool story about teenagers other than Persona series, yet I don't really want to look for every route. And we'll get Devil Survivor 2: Break Records, someday.

@Marc have you played/finished SMT: Strange Journey? Devil Survivor spin-off has cool story about teenagers other than Persona series, yet I don't really want to look for every route. And we'll get Devil Survivor 2: Break Records, someday.
Nope. I've never tried a Devil Survivor game and @Memento Mori told me that it's a little different than Shin Megami Tensei IV (<- why I want to try), but if they're remaking it for the 3DS, I'll most likely be interested in the remake more.

As for Strange Journey, I'm perfectly satisfied with Shin Megami Tensei IV, :oops:

Nope. I've never tried a Devil Survivor game and @Memento Mori told me that it's a little different than Shin Megami Tensei IV (<- why I want to try), but if they're remaking it for the 3DS, I'll most likely be interested in the remake more.

As for Strange Journey, I'm perfectly satisfied with Shin Megami Tensei IV, :oops:

SMT IV is a basic third-person role-playing game, i.e. you can easily control where the character goes and what he does. You also have a lot of freedom with the exploration.

The Devil Survivor series is more of a grid strategy game like Fire Emblem. And like with Fire Emblem, the game is pretty linear. There is no actual world exploration, but you can "jump" to certain areas for free battles not related to the main story.

Finally, Strange Journey is basically a dungeon crawler. One game you can compare it with is Etrian Odyssey. You do have some freedom in the game, but you can only explore the different levels by moving from one grid to another. Here is an example of a basic floor map.

So yeah they are all different, but Strange Journey is the closest to the gameplay of SMT IV.

Now, to answer the original post, the NDS games I would want on the 3DS are:
  • Final Fantasy Tactics A2
  • Avalon Code
  • Radiant Historia
  • Tales of Hearts (hopefully, localized)
  • Suikoden Tierkreis
  • Luminous Arc
  • Dragon Quest Monsters: Joker

The most awesome NDS to 3DS port would however be The World Ends With You.

Reactions: Reece
I would want basically all the pokemon games, DragonQuest 9 and that's it I suppose.

Sonic Rush

I would like:
Zelda Phantom Hourglass + Spirit Tracks
Pokemon Diamond/Pearl
Pokemon HeartGold/SoulSilver
Pokemon Black/White +Black2/White2
Final Fantasy IV remake(I dont remember the name properly)

The World Ends with You. And SMT: Strange Journey. Want to replay Strange Journey (Law and Chaos route) and want to play TWEWY. Because SQEX non-FF franchise is awesome. This one, especially the art and the music. The gameplay is a new breakthrough, too.

Yessss, The World Ends With You!! such a great game from Enix :D
Other DS game maybe Luminous Arc (1 and 2, since 3 never got localized), PW is getting a remake too (would like to grab it if it worth the price :D), A series of Dragon Quest sounds good too :rolleyes:

Reactions: 532
animal crossing wild world and mario 64!

TLOZ: Phantom Hourglass/Spirit Tracks and Bowser Inside Story.

None, 3ds games for the win all the way, nintendo handheld vame evolution at it's best :D

The're so many, it's hard to choose from. The DS games I'd like to be on the eShop are:
  • Final Fantasy Tactics A2.
  • Luminous Arc 2
  • Dragon Quest Monsters: Joker
  • Final Fantasy IV
  • The World Ends With You
  • Final Fantasy XII: Revenant Wings
I especially want Final Fantasy XII: Revenant Wings to be on the eShop, it was such a good game, even better if you played FF XII. The game had such an amazing storyline.

Back