Closed Ignited Light - Doubles Battle Tournament

• Thread starter Vii
  • Start date

Should this be seasonal? (Each tournament will be different each season..)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Vii

Vii

(*⁰▿⁰*)/
Towns Folk
87b37ce5f55d395f7c3b1edc511c1d14.png

Welcome to my Doubles Battle Tournament! Doubles are not that popular as Singles. I want to see how YOU are in doubles. :] This tournament will be in doubles 6 v. 6 format using rules on Smogon's OU Clauses and Ban List. Please keep in mind that the rules and banned Pokemon are not as what they seem. :3

(If you know you're going to disappear after X days or you can't set a time to meet up with other players, do NOT join.)

Dear Participants, if this tournament goes slow and no one wants to join, only 16 challengers can enter. But if this tournament becomes more popular and interests those around you; 32 challengers can enter.

This tournament will start once the ad ends. So in about 5 days it'll end. If no one new joins, we will use what we have.

Entry fee: Only 2PC!

Rules

Follow Smogon's OU Rules.

Kalos/ORAS Caught/ Bred Pokemon ONLY.

Endless Battle Clause: Any moveset on any Pokémon that is capable of intentionally causing an endless battle is banned from competitive play.

Thus: A Pokémon may not carry Recycle and hold a Leppa Berry in conjunction with Heal Pulse and Milk Drink, Moonlight, Morning Sun, Recover, Roost, Slack Off, Soft-Boiled, or Wish.

A Pokémon may not hold a Leppa Berry and carry Recycle and Pain Split on its moveset.

A Pokémon may not hold a Leppa Berry and carry Recycle and Fling on its moveset.

Evasion Clause: The moves Double Team and Minimize, in addition to the abilities Sand Veil and Snow Cloak, are not permitted in play.

Moody Clause: Pokémon with the ability Moody are not permitted.

OHKO Clause: A Pokemon may not have the moves Fissure, Guillotine, Horn Drill, or Sheer Cold in its moveset.

Sleep Clause: Only one Pokémon may be put to sleep on the opposing team at a time, if not induced by a move such as Rest.

Species Clause: Players cannot have two Pokémon with the same Pokédex number on the same team.

No Pokémon may use the move Dark Void.

Item Clause: A player may not use the same item twice in their team of 6 Pokemon for the duration of the battle an example being Leftovers on a Blissey and Leftovers on a Gourgeist is not allowed BUT Black Sludge on Amoonguss and Leftovers on Blissey is allowed.

Banned Items: Gengarite, Kangaskhanite, Lucarionite, Latiosite/latiasite, Salamencite, Soul Dew, Quick Claw

Banned Move: Swagger
* Banned Pokemon *
Aegislash
Arceus
Blaziken
Darkrai
Deoxys-all forms
Dialga
Giratina
Giratina-O
Groudon
Ho-Oh
Hoopa
Hoopa-Unbound
Keldeo *Both forms*
Kyogre
Kyurem
Kyurem-W
Kyurem-B
Landorus-I
Lugia
Mewtwo
Palkia
Rayquaza
Reshiram
Shaymin *Sky form only*
Talonflame
Xerneas
Yveltal
Zekrom

If you feel as though a rule or banned Pokemon should be added, let me know & I'll consider it.

Can't forget about the Prizes!

1st Place: 100PC

2nd Place: 50PC

3rd Place: 10PC

4th Place + Below: Fennekin Cupcakes!

Good luck to all participants!

Tournament Bracket!

Last edited:
Reactions: Pookie, CJ, DJFoxx84 and 8 others
yay I would like to join e.e

I think ill join :D sending PC now...

I'll join...

<- cat says, "bring it" =P

Joining! :cat:

When will the tournament start?

I'll join! sending pc now. I bet I'm gonna lose in the first match xD I'm so bad at battling.

Well, I guess I'll join. Sending PC now. I won't be available until the 12th later in the day, but I'm sure that's fine.

My doubles game is somewhat improving, I'll give this a try

I will join... once I get a doubles team

I want to join ^-^

I wanna join! Entry Fee sent :3

I wanna join! Entry Fee sent :3
Your post reminded me that I forgot to pay :p

Thanks! xD

Reactions: DeathDragon
I would like to join ;)

I wanna join too! PC sent! :)

I will wanna join if I can almost done with my team.

count me in.

Pc sent

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back