Is FE: Awakening worth it?

• Thread starter joethejrpgmaniac
  • Start date
Care to elaborate on that? What is it about FE: Awakening that makes it worth it to you? We know my reasoning for it as well as Memento Mori's, but kinda curious what yours is

I think I'm going to start a new game in Hard Mode. And Classic of course :)

I think I'm going to start a new game in Hard Mode. And Classic of course :)
Yeah, definitely go for that when you get the chance. Hard mode with this game is actually kinda equivalent to what "Normal" would be in past games haha

Yeah, definitely go for that when you get the chance. Hard mode with this game is actually kinda equivalent to what "Normal" would be in past games haha
And I'm gonna pair my Avatar with Chrom for the storyline :). Morgan and Lucina ^_^

And I'm gonna pair my Avatar with Chrom for the storyline :). Morgan and Lucina ^_^
Yeah, it's an awesome pairing for sure, especially since it gives a Parallel Falchion with access to most of the classes in the game haha Avatar + Chrom is an OP combo

Reactions: Moon Rain
Awakening is a very fun game. It has deep strategy involved and a really cool concept that when your characters die, they are DEAD. No re spawns. It really makes you connect with your people and I've never played a fire emblem game before and this is amazing to me. All the dlc and various stages bring so much content with a well put together story AND different difficulty modes: there's too much. And it's all so fun, doesn't getting boring at all unless you are very over leveled.

Awakening is a very fun game. It has deep strategy involved and a really cool concept that when your characters die, they are DEAD. No re spawns. It really makes you connect with your people and I've never played a fire emblem game before and this is amazing to me. All the dlc and various stages bring so much content with a well put together story AND different difficulty modes: there's too much. And it's all so fun, doesn't getting boring at all unless you are very over leveled.
well the "when your characters die, they are DEAD. No respawns." part assumes that the player isn't playing on casual mode, something they included in the game

I have the same question, is this game really worth it? I played the demo and I liked it, but is there a good replay value for this game?

You should really play the demo, if you're having a THAT hard time deciding if you want to get it or not. This is a game I will buy, but not particularly soon because I have other games Like Pokemon X, Zelda OoT, bravely Default on my "To Buy" List. the demo was good enough for me to say: "I will buy this after my most wanted games" :)

You should really play the demo, if you're having a THAT hard time deciding if you want to get it or not. This is a game I will buy, but not particularly soon because I have other games Like Pokemon X, Zelda OoT, bravely Default on my "To Buy" List. the demo was good enough for me to say: "I will buy this after my most wanted games" :)
He did play the demo.
I have the same question, is this game really worth it? I played the demo and I liked it, but is there a good replay value for this game?
There is definitely good replay value for the game, and if what it's got isn't enough for you, you can get some of the Challenge DLC for that additional challenge, depending on how good you get at the game. The game is definitely good for beginners and experts alike

He did play the demo.

There is definitely good replay value for the game, and if what it's got isn't enough for you, you can get some of the Challenge DLC for that additional challenge, depending on how good you get at the game. The game is definitely good for beginners and experts alike
Nice. may I ask, what is the stuff in the DLC's? Weapons? Characters? items?
The challenge seems like a nice addition, Seeing that many people think it is too easy. (Very Few People)

The demo was very fun! If I had the true desire to purchase the game, I would.

wondering if getting Fire Emblem Awakening is worth it ?
well i have to tell you thats the first one I've played and its not gonna be the last - its really good - i was astounded by the graphics ?!? when i first played it ! its really good - if you like strategy its even better :p

Reactions: 532
Nice. may I ask, what is the stuff in the DLC's? Weapons? Characters? items?
The challenge seems like a nice addition, Seeing that many people think it is too easy. (Very Few People)
Stuff in the DLCs depends on which DLC you're talking about. Some are challenge maps and offer really hard difficulty while others offer like free legendary weapons and such.

Get this game! It truly is a amazing and thrilling experience playing Fire Emblem. Awakening is even better. The cutscenes are one of my favorite things in this game. They look so good! I just wish they were longer and they had more of them in the game.:( Still, if you have played all other Fire Emblem games, definitely get this one.

Reactions: Moon Rain
Get this game! It truly is a amazing and thrilling experience playing Fire Emblem. Awakening is even better. The cutscenes are one of my favorite things in this game. They look so good! I just wish they were longer and they had more of them in the game.:( Still, if you have played all other Fire Emblem games, definitely get this one.
True. The game quality is really well made, the visuals are just simply stunning and the replay value is amazing. Worth it if you are a true RPG fan.

Short answer, yes. Long answer, yyeeesssss. :p Helpful answer, it really is worth however much money you spend on it. Unless that total is <$50. Even if you've played earlier games, I'm guessing the relationship system will have you replaying this game at least twice. Alongside that, the cutscenes look good. Sorry, not really too helpful if I only give one reason... :p

Short answer, yes. Long answer, yyeeesssss. :p Helpful answer, it really is worth however much money you spend on it. Unless that total is <$50. Even if you've played earlier games, I'm guessing the relationship system will have you replaying this game at least twice. Alongside that, the cutscenes look good. Sorry, not really too helpful if I only give one reason... :p
That actually is helpful. The cutscenes are simply stunning, and the effort that went into this game to make it as enjoyable as possible shows. I really love the relationship system. Makes you think which to characters will give the most powerful offspring.

That actually is helpful. The cutscenes are simply stunning, and the effort that went into this game to make it as enjoyable as possible shows. I really love the relationship system. Makes you think which to characters will give the most powerful offspring.
Yeah, but think there was a change graphically in the scene where Lucina shows her seal/mark. :)

Reactions: 532
If you doubt if its worth it, there is an demo on the eshop. The demo is enough to showyou how awesome of a game it is, and totally worth your money

Back