Gen 4 Is platinum any good?

• Thread starter Alpha Harry
  • Start date
Alpha Harry

Alpha Harry

:P
Towns Folk
I'm really wanting to get into the 4th gen games and since buying pearl or daimond would be useless I'm thinking about Platinum. Is it worht the $40? Or should I just dis Sinnoh all together?

Don't dis sinnoh that's my favorite region:eek:

Reactions: Alpha Harry
Is it worht the $40? Or should I just dis Sinnoh all together?
$40 US for an old game? Nah.. It isn't worth it since you don't even have online play after you beat it. If you do find it for around the $10-20 US price range, I say go for it.

The single player gameplay was alright imo and you just got to love that snow :3

Reactions: codyplays and Alpha Harry
40$ is too expensive ;-;

I loved Platinum. If you want to relive 4th gen, go for it. But, Here is something to note. The game will be much slower in speed compared to X/Y. I tried to play Soul-Silver the other day and it was too slow for me #impatient. If you're willing to deal with that, do eet, but please don't spend 40$ cause, let's be honest, you can buy a whole lot of newer stuff with that kind of money.

I wouldn't do $40 for it, personally.
But, if you find it for a better value, which you probably can online, do ittt.
Platinum was one of my favorite games. I logged over 400 hours into it and managed a living dex.

It would be a good choice but only until you find it a little cheaper . Platinum was a good game in my opinion and I played it and it was really awesome . Get this game instead of the Pearl and Diamond because really you don't want to know how slow those games are . I also like its story and it is really really cool . So only get it at a cheaper price since cool things like online are not anymore :/

$40 US for an old game? Nah.. It isn't worth it since you don't even have online play after you beat it. If you do find it for around the $10-20 US price range, I say go for it.

The single player gameplay was alright imo and you just got to love that snow :3
40$ is too expensive ;-;

I loved Platinum. If you want to relive 4th gen, go for it. But, Here is something to note. The game will be much slower in speed compared to X/Y. I tried to play Soul-Silver the other day and it was too slow for me #impatient. If you're willing to deal with that, do eet, but please don't spend 40$ cause, let's be honest, you can buy a whole lot of newer stuff with that kind of money.
I wouldn't do $40 for it, personally.
But, if you find it for a better value, which you probably can online, do ittt.
Platinum was one of my favorite games. I logged over 400 hours into it and managed a living dex.
It would be a good choice but only until you find it a little cheaper . Platinum was a good game in my opinion and I played it and it was really awesome . Get this game instead of the Pearl and Diamond because really you don't want to know how slow those games are . I also like its story and it is really really cool . So only get it at a cheaper price since cool things like online are not anymore :/
I don't know why, but everytime I look for platinum, weather its on EBay or Gamestop or other used gaming sites. $40 was the cheapest out of all....

I don't know why, but everytime I look for platinum, weather its on EBay or Gamestop or other used gaming sites. $40 was the cheapest out of all....
Wait later then :p

Camp out eBay or Amazon, I payed that much for it when it was released. At this point it's worth 25-30$ max maybe a little more . The ones your finding definitely arnt good deals.

I think It's worth it, $40 is high but it's really fun imo

But it was my first Pokemon game so it could just be me :p

If you somehow manage to find it for less then go for it! ^^

$40 is TOO high I believe, its even more expensive than a 3ds game. But Sinnoh is awesome. It was my first pokemon game of all time :p

btw I just searched amazon.com, there, platinum secondhand games are for 21 dollars only.

its a good game i played it to the end like 10 times worth like 20 $ hope that helps

I'm really wanting to get into the 4th gen games and since buying pearl or daimond would be useless I'm thinking about Platinum. Is it worht the $40? Or should I just dis Sinnoh all together?
40$? What kind of deal is that? The average price for old DS games are about 17$ used. Anyways, Gen 4 was my FAVORITE generation! I played Pokemon Platinum more than 8 times starting over and Pokemon Diammond and Peral each 2 times! In my opoion it has the best Pokemon currently and its graphics and story isn't half bad. (Its storyline is actually better than X/Y ORAS and BW/B2W2 :p )

40$? What kind of deal is that? The average price for old DS games are about 17$ used. Anyways, Gen 4 was my FAVORITE generation! I played Pokemon Platinum more than 8 times starting over and Pokemon Diammond and Peral each 2 times! In my opoion it has the best Pokemon currently and its graphics and story isn't half bad. (Its storyline is actually better than X/Y ORAS and BW/B2W2 :p )
$40 is TOO high I believe, its even more expensive than a 3ds game. But Sinnoh is awesome. It was my first pokemon game of all time :p

btw I just searched amazon.com, there, platinum secondhand games are for 21 dollars only.
thanks. Good thing my dad has prime. Hey, can you send me a link to it?

Just search up "Pokemon Platinum" in google's "shopping" and lots of results will come up including used ones. The lowest one I have seen so far is Platinum for $15 O_0 that is pretty cheap but I already have all three copies i'm good :p

Oops I must have checked during a discount :/ Amazon brings discounts sometimes so check often.
I thought price decreases when a new game in a franchise is released. I guess its the opposite with Nintendo. Crystal was selling for OVER $300 :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Oops I must have checked during a discount :/ Amazon brings discounts sometimes so check often.
I thought price decreases when a new game in a franchise is released. I guess its the opposite with Nintendo. Crystal was selling for OVER $300 :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:
well really old games like Pokemon Crystal and Pokemon Yellow/Red/Blue are obviously worth way more because the first game boy can sell for A LOT and my friend has one :eek: :eek: :eek: I really don't know how he got his hands on it.

i sold my old gameboy and game red blue yelow and crystal for 40 $ now i feel kinda stupid

I think 40 bucks is too expensive. this game is really good, but 40 bucks is a waste of money. i bought a second hand pokemon platinum, its the best. you can delete the save that the other one does and make your own!

Back