Is the NX going to be better than the Wii U?

• Thread starter Allanbuzzy
  • Start date
I doubt it. Out of all seriousness, the Nx is not going to reach sales higher than the XB1 and Ps4. Third party developers still do not want to go to Nintendo, and they always market towards young kids and not adult or teens. After the Nx, I am sure Nintendo is done. Every home console failed, and the Wii was only successful because of casual Grandmas.

You are the most unnecessarily negative person I have ever had the displeasure of meeting online. Everyone knows Nintendo isn't doing very well right now.

You are the most unnecessarily negative person I have ever had the displeasure of meeting online. Everyone knows Nintendo isn't doing very well right now.
Everyone has their own opinion and views. I got mine, and if you have a problem, simply ignore it.

Right back at you, and for your age, you are rather immature.

Everyone has their own opinion and views. I got mine, and if you have a problem, simply ignore it.

Right back at you, and for your age, you are rather immature.

I bet

The NX's success depends on 5 things.

1. The Releasing Time
The Wii U has not had the pleasant year of 2013 like the Wii had of 2006. The reason sales are still only around 10000000 is obviously because the Wii U was released a year early. There were still underdevelopments in the console, so it did not sell well, selling less in 9 months the Xbox One sells in 6 weeks. So, they must make sure all parts of the NX are fully developed.

2. Good Battery Life
When the NX is released, people WILL expect good, hefty battery life. The Xbox One and PS4 had very good battery life. The Wii U Gamepad, on the other hand, opposed. Using the cradle and charger are better than using batteries though. And, the Pro Controller did have an awesome storage capacity of 80 hours charge from a charger. So, if the NX maintains that it will be another piece of the puzzle of success.

3. Imagination For The Games
Nintendo has been milking Mario for 31 years now. They need to start coming up with new characters. They can't keep having more Ubisoft games all the time, or Sega, or Capcom. They must come up with new characters, and make some more Mii-only games where you design your own world, control your own character and be whatever you want. And, if a game is popular the most obvious and likely thing for them to do is to invent a sequel.

4. No Extra Parents
They announced Flipnote 3D for the Nintendo 3DS to be launched soon in America but with no online ability for more parental controlling, even for ADULTS. A problem with Nintendo now is they are just way too overprotective with games these days. For the NX, Nintendo must let the parents parent and the gamers game. Yet they still must occasionally tell kids to take a break through their favourite character on the game.

5. Sustainability
Before Nintendo release the NX Console by atleast well into 2017, they have to ensure the console is so sturdy it is nearly impossible to break, as well as having an affordable price. There must be a very long lifetime on the console, being able to last for many years AND having a long few years' breathing space before hopefully the NEXT console comes out.

Thanks for reading, EmperorYT1.

Nobody will know if the NX will be better than the Wii U. It was literally JUST announced. We don't even know what the thing LOOKS like yet or what its emblem will be. All we've seen so far is a "?" box. Nobody knew if the Wii U would be better than the Wii, or if the DS would be better than the Game Boy. In the end, it all comes down to opinion. When the NX comes out and you think it's better than the Wii U or you think its worse, that's your opinion. But for now, all we can do is wait and see. My personal opinion is that the NX would be an innovation to the Wii U. Every console to me is better than the last one.

3. Imagination For The Games
Nintendo has been milking Mario for 31 years now. They need to start coming up with new characters. They can't keep having more Ubisoft games all the time, or Sega, or Capcom. They must come up with new characters, and make some more Mii-only games where you design your own world, control your own character and be whatever you want. And, if a game is popular the most obvious and likely thing for them to do is to invent a sequel.

When I read that bit I thought about a Mii game where you build your own home to house all your miis, then your friends can come and view it while leaving messages and/or game photos (kinda like the way Miiverse works) and you can play games like nintendo themed tic tac toe and stuff like that if you're online at the same time as them. You can also then use the play coins to buy things for your house and you can unlock more items by playing nintendo games and finishing objectives for whatever game or something.
This will probably never become a thing but it's just something cool that I just thought of that I really want to be real now :p

Now for the main post xD

I think the NX should be targeted more for teens and older. Splatoon was great, more of a suscess then anything else because it was a shooter, it was a kids shooter sure, but it was the first of it's kind we've seen as a main game, not just a 3rd party one. There should be more games like that on the NX.

Nintendo's whole thing is about families, sure, but it's becomming more towards little kids now and it's straying away from the family side. It's got more parental controls then ever and even the interface is becoming more child friendly and easy to use. The characters nintendo makes as well, and the jokes in the games/apps are targeted to young kids. It would be nice for nintendo to think about their older playerbase and take what they want into consideration.

No one really knows what to expect at this point now. I'm half hoping that nintendo are looking at what everyone is speculating and hoping for and taking it in consideration about the final product, but that's very, very unlikely to happen.

I certainly would hope the NX would be better than the Wii U >.<
If it wasn't going to be a newer and better console, then why would they make it in the first place?
I have high hopes for the NX, and it would be devastating to have tons of reports on how inferior it is to the Wii U.
It hopefully will surpass the Wii U in greatness, but we'll just have to wait and see!

What does better mean? Does it mean it's more powerful, does it mean it has a greater library? We don't know. I do think that Nintendo learned from their mistakes on the Wii U. They are hyping up the NX when we don't even know what it is yet. I think they are doing very well about getting ready.

I hate to say it but one of the reasons the Wii U was a commercial failure was Iwata, since he decided to go for similar hardware than the current competition using the Wii brand and didn't fully consider the development changes for HD games.

Tatsumi Kimishima, the current president of Nintendo, already shared that he knew that the console was going to fail. Considering that he also watched carefully the mistakes from the 3DS (which was able to turn the table) and the Wii U, it is clear that they want to fix the situation for the NX.

A clear sign of it is the little knowledge we have about it, mostly since the company want to be careful of the competence. And they were right, since the PlayStation Neo and the Xbox Scorpio are around the corner.

I am pretty certain the NX will beat the Wii U. I never finished a Wii U game before and I mostly played on my 3ds and N64. And the Wii U had some major problems like low battery, not enough games, fewer sales than it's competitor, marketing failure. But on the other hand, the Wii U is really cheap. I got New Super Marios Bros U, New Super Luigi U and the Wii U console for $300!

Being aa next generation console, the NX should definitely be better than the Wii U.

However, Nintendo might mess up a bit. If it does, it would be very heartbreaking. Nintendo is trying their best, tho, to keep things as good as possible and bringing more 3rd party games.

Depends on its launch. The Wii U had a horrible launch because it's launch titles were super late and by then many people had forgotten about it. And at least they sorted out the naming because I initially thought that the Wii U, like some others, was an add on to the original rather than a console. Let's hope it's good though.

I hope it would be better than all the consoles. It might be even on par with the pc master race.

I definitely think that it would make sense to at least be somewhat better then the Wii U (considering the NX is going to come out in 2017 and the Wii U was made in 2013 so there is a huge time difference there), however I'm not expecting too much from the Nintendo NX just in case so I don't get disappointed.

While I think that the Switch will be far more successful than the WiiU, as its concept is much clearer than the often obscure gamepad, I do not foresee it becoming a crazy, breakout hit like the Wii. I can, however, see it selling close to as well as the PS4, and easily surpassing the Xbox 1's paltry 10 million units.

Back