Is the price of the eShop codes too high?

• Thread starter Blue_Hutchins
  • Start date

Too much?

• Lower price of eShop codes

Votes: 10 55.6%
  • Keep price the same for eShop codes

Votes: 8 44.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Blue_Hutchins

Blue_Hutchins

Nintendo 3DS Addict
Towns Folk
In 3DS pedia, we know all about the "Play Coins" feature which can be used to get eShop funds and Download Codes, but when you look at the price of codes, is it too much? The $20 eShop card is about 3.5K Play Coins, with a 750 discount if purchased twice, all the cards have discounts to them, but a newbie would take FOREVER to get enough play coins to get a eShop code. I'm a newbie who has only 6 play coins, and is here to spread joy and get my baby, Kid Icarus: Uprising. The quest will take forever and I suggest this post shall be spread to the makers of 3dspedia. A poll will be open for 1 month, deciding if the prices will be lowered or kept the same.

Honestly, I think it is fine because you are trading in Fake Currency for something you should pay REAL currency for. That is my personal opinion and I don't think others will appreciate my answer but if you do... thank you. :)

Reactions: 2179, Mikaya and Jeff The Killer
I think the prices should be just a little bit lower. It doesn't have to go down by a lot.

Reactions: JayRawrTiz
I know how you feel about seeing that the goal you're trying reach seems impossible, I often feel that way seeing that I'm trying to get two $50 cards one for me and one for my bro.

But if you look at it as a special treat and that you're making friends by sharing thoughts and talking over similar likes you forget you're trying to earn coins.

What helps also is if you stick to forums you like, like the Anime or Xbox for examples.

You can also take part in contests or open shops that's a quick an easy way to get get more coins.

I never opened a shop but I explore the pages and comment on what I find interesting and fun. That's how I met my friends :D.

Reactions: Mikaya, Marc and IAMPOOR
Look at the other side. This forum has giveaways!
You can work hard to get play coins and this will take a long time, but you can just be LUCKY and get a full game quickly!
There is nothing free on this world, you have to work hard or be lucky. This forum is just the reflection of this.

Everybody wants free games. Everybody wants something free. But you have to give something in exchange for anything you want, that's the rule of Life.

Reactions: Livada, TheMightyButterCookie, Mikaya and 1 other person
Look at the other side. This forum has giveaways!
You can work hard to get play coins and this will take a long time, but you can just be LUCKY and get a full game quickly!
There is nothing free on this world, you have to work hard or be lucky. This forum is just the reflection of this.

Everybody wants free games. Everybody wants something free. But you have to give something in exchange for anything you want, that's the rule of Life.
True that my broseph from a different City!

Not really it is a really hard goal to reach to but in time some body will and others got to that goal already plus if everybody got e shop cards now Marc might not be able to give everyone an e shop card if the pc goal to reach a 20 dollar e shop card was 1000 pc or 2000 pc.Since there would be a lot of orders for e shop cards.

I didn't even know you can get E-Shop cards until 8:00 AM today

I didn't even know you can get E-Shop cards until 8:00 AM today
Yeah you have to earn a lot of pc though but don't worry since sometimes they do multiple and major contests to earn pc through games or other things to decide the champion,to be exact you need 3400 to get a $20 e shop card some people already traded in the amount for e shop cards.

I don't see any reason for this to change. The codes are not intended to be easy to obtain because they cost a lot of money for the people who provide them. I don't understand why people choose to complain about the price of the codes, since the owners of the forum don't even have to do this. The codes are a benefit of being here; they should not be the reason you're here.

Reactions: 2179 and Mikaya
Well I'm here for killing time and for the giveaways, since there aren't e-shop cards for my brazilian e-shop :p

Reactions: Mikaya
The Eshop cards a bit high but we ARE trading in FAKE currency, So it should be fine, You'll just have to put in effort to get PCs

are you kidding? the price is ridiculous, PSN games are WAYYYYYYY cheaper!!
poor @Barmont i saw the price of eShop games in his region, and screamed right where i was, it was $129,99 (local money), thank goodness i don't pay that much.

Agreeing with most of the people here , I think that the eshop codes aren't supposed to be lowered of their price because it is reasonable enough traded fake currency with in return you get something that is really worth of something . If the prices were ridiculously lowered to like 1000 or something . then Marc would have to spend lots of money because it would be easily demanded and it is costly .

Yes I am here with the goal of getting one , but I enjoy the people here and the forums where I could ask any question and exchange FC and others :)

Reactions: Mikaya and JayRawrTiz
No @wyll001 , we don't have national e-shop cards, maybe you are mistaking it for the Portugal ones :D

It's the USA one. Many brazilians use the noth-american eshop (region) because Nintendo don't support us very much.

It's the USA one. Many brazilians use the noth-american eshop (region) because Nintendo don't support us very much.
well, PSN is there, and is cheaper, see? if they make Kingdom Hearts RE: Dream Drop Distance, and Persona Q golden i would make a trade right away, Mmm......

Reactions: Barmont
If the prices were lower, Marc would be broke by now xD

Marc uses his own money, it's not like he really wants to do this. It's a nice incentive for us to aspire to be better posters and continue. But hey, the quality of the forum here is pretty crap at times (lack of news on the forums is astonishing).

Back