MysticSniper

Spirit of a Dragon
Towns Folk
Hydreigon
jolly
levitate
252 atk & def, 4 hp
stone edge, outrage, crunch, roost

I got this one through wonder trade, and it's shiny.

hmm. I'm not too sure about physical hydreigon, I prefer special hydreigon instead.
Try this:
Hydreigon @Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
Modest Nature
EVs: 252 Sp. Atk, 252 Spe, 4 HP
-Draco Meteor
-Fire Blast
-Flash Cannon
-Earth Power
Life Orb boosts power of already powerful moves, Draco Meteor serves as STAB, Fire Blast as a check for Bugs, Flash Cannon to check Fairies, and Earth Power as a filler (interchangeable)

I avtually bred one like that already. I went with dragon pulse instead of dracometeor because no penalty might throw flamethrower on it instead because I don't think 15 accuracy and 10 pp is worth 20 power. I don't think mine can learn earth power because I only have x, not or/as.

I avtually bred one like that already. I went with dragon pulse instead of dracometeor because no penalty might throw flamethrower on it instead because I don't think 15 accuracy and 10 pp is worth 20 power. I don't think mine can learn earth power because I only have x, not or/as.
In that case, I think what you have is good, but what do you have in place of Earth Power?

Kinda depends on what setup I feel might help it. Tri attack would be for a decent status causing move, or dark pulse would be an alternate stab move. Or I could make it into a dragoon (yay puns) and go with focus energy and change item to scope lens instead of roseli berry. That would let me use draco meteor also, but I already have three others with similar setups.

Kinda depends on what setup I feel might help it. Tri attack would be for a decent status causing move, or dark pulse would be an alternate stab move. Or I could make it into a dragoon (yay puns) and go with focus energy and change item to scope lens instead of roseli berry. That would let me use draco meteor also, but I already have three others with similar setups.

Actually what I think would work better is if you want Draco Meteor, you can make it hold a White Herb so that the Sp. Atk stat will not be lost after using it once, so if they use something else you can still use Hydreigon at full power!

But if I use the dragoon setup and it doesn't die on the first turn, not only will draco meteor never have a penalty, but it does1.5x damage, and will ignore your buffs. (not sure about light screen, though) at least until the opponent uses roar or dragon tail.

But if I use the dragoon setup and it doesn't die on the first turn, not only will draco meteor never have a penalty, but it does1.5x damage, and will ignore your buffs. (not sure about light screen, though) at least until the opponent uses roar or dragon tail.
Don't worry about dying the first turn. Be sure to take down something before Hydreigon is Hydrei0-gone!
And could you explain fully how the Dragoon setup works? Right now this is what I'm thinking of when you say dragoon:
smash_bros_wii_dragoon_kirby.jpg

Spoiler code doesn't work well with my phone. Lancer might be a better name for the setup as it is used to ignore defense buffs and attack debuffs. It's centered around getting a critical hit oon every turn. You do this be raiseing the critical hit rate by 3 levels. Focus energy gives 2 levels, and anything that says high critical ratio raises it by 1. This works only in gen 6, though.

Is that really reliable? I wouldn't trust using high crit ratio moves because you can't really guarantee every turn will crit, even when you need it too the most. But if you wanna play around with the crit RNG I guess you can go for it =p

In gen6, +3 critical rate makes it 100%, so the only things that will prevent a critical hit is lucky chant (which I don't think many people use), battle armor, shell armor, forceing a switch out, or killing it.

In gen6, +3 critical rate makes it 100%, so the only things that will prevent a critical hit is lucky chant (which I don't think many people use), battle armor, shell armor, forceing a switch out, or killing it.

But that's assuming that you'll live after using focus energy. If a fast fairy comes ready to call upon a moonblast while you still have to use a turn to do focus energy, what would you do then?

Well I think this is good
Hydreigon @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Dark Pulse
- Superpower
- Roost
WALLBREAKER
Well I just use the first set from smogon unless it's sketchy. Here is the description
Moves
Draco Meteor hits most Pokemon incredibly hard and not many foes resist it, making it a great opening move for this set. Dark Pulse allows Hydreigon to hit Steel-type Pokemon that resist Draco Meteor, especially Bronzong, for good damage and also has decent super effective coverage. Superpower allows Hydreigon to threaten Blissey, Empoleon, Snorlax, and Umbreon with a potential KO after hitting them with Draco Meteor. Fire Blast hits Steel-type Pokemon for super effective damage, making it useful on sets without Dark Pulse, and also allows Hydreigon to hit bulky Grass-type Pokemon for massive damage without relying on Draco Meteor. Roost gives Hydreigon more longevity and helps it deal with Life Orb recoil. Iron Tail allows Hydreigon to 2HKO Florges and other less common Fairy-type Pokemon, which would easily wall this set. Flash Cannon can be used because it has 100% accuracy and hits Fairy-types not called Florges harder than Iron Tail; however, it won't 2HKO Florges without some prior damage.

Set Details
The listed EVs maximize Hydreigon's Special Attack and Speed. A Hasty nature is needed to outspeed Pokemon such as Haxorus, Lucario, and Roserade and to not Speed tie with base 85 Speed Pokemon running a positive nature. 4 Attack EVs make Superpower and Iron Tail slightly stronger. If no physical move is being used, Timid is the preferred nature, and the 4 remaining EVs should be put in Special Defense to prevent Download users from getting a Special Attack boost. Life Orb is the only item this set should run; otherwise it struggles to 2HKO some walls.

Usage Tips
More often than not, starting with Draco Meteor is the best option. Exceptions are if there's a Fairy-type Pokemon or a bulky Steel-type Pokemon in the opponent's team; in those cases, prediction could be used to 2HKO them if they switch in. This set should be used early- or mid-game to weaken the opposing team and allow a different Pokemon to do the sweeping. Hydreigon isn't frail, but it isn't particularly bulky either. Don't play Hydreigon recklessly, and try to avoid taking any unnecessary hits, as otherwise it can be worn down fairly quickly.

Team Options
Entry hazard support is extremely important, as it helps Hydreigon get some important 2HKOs against some walls, such as Blissey and Umbreon, and helps it wear down the opponent's team. Pokemon such as Mega Aggron, Empoleon, and Roserade can set up entry hazards, and they can deal with Fairy-type Pokemon that might give Hydreigon problems. Pokemon that can deal with fast revenge killers or priority users, such as Crobat and Mega Aggron, help Hydreigon stay alive longer. Sweepers that can take advantange of Hydreigon's wallbreaking capabilities, such as Mega Sceptile and Kingdra, are good partners.

Again, I do not have or/as, so it can't learn superpower. The basic set you gave has too many penalties for my liking anyway: it would only be useful once before needing to waste a turn switching out. As I said before, I would rather use flamethrower instead of fire blast because of the accuracy drop: an attack that misses deals no damage, and with my luck, it will miss when I need a hit. Mega lucario could break phys. walls much better, which is probably the mega for the team I would run hydreigon on.

Again, I do not have or/as, so it can't learn superpower. The basic set you gave has too many penalties for my liking anyway: it would only be useful once before needing to waste a turn switching out. As I said before, I would rather use flamethrower instead of fire blast because of the accuracy drop: an attack that misses deals no damage, and with my luck, it will miss when I need a hit. Mega lucario could break phys. walls much better, which is probably the mega for the team I would run hydreigon on.

If you're worried about Fire Blast missing in dire situations, shine some sunlight on the battlefield with a drought Ninetales! This ensures fire blast will have 100% accuracy and boosts the power of your fire blast!

Didn't know that about sunlight. Problem is that I don't have a drought ninetales and I can't get one myself.

Didn't know that about sunlight. Problem is that I don't have a drought ninetales and I can't get one myself.

Back