Is Wario and Waluigi actually the opposites of Mario and Luigi?

• Thread starter Blue_Hutchins
  • Start date

Opposites or Fakes?

• Opposite

Votes: 12 66.7%
  • Fakes

Votes: 6 33.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Blue_Hutchins

Blue_Hutchins

Nintendo 3DS Addict
Towns Folk
Wario and Waluigi were created as the evil Mario and Luigi, otherwise opposites, but I pose this question: Are they really opposites of them? It seems like a no-brainer, but when you think of their appearance, Waluigi should be fat and Wario should be skinny because if their opposites, physical attributes should be changed, not just mental ones, so what do you think? Are Wario and Waluigi opposites or not? A poll will be available for 1 month, which will decide, opposites or fakers?

I'd still consider them opposites, the reason I believe they are not opposite physically is because of this theory: picture in your mind a fat Waluigi and a skinny Wario... :DNintendo obviously saw it fit (pun unintended :p) that their names would match they're physic, case dismissed!

Fakes, it just makes sense to me.

Fakes, it just makes sense to me.
We all have different opinions, whatever tickles your fancy ;)

Fakes are fancy to me

There are different theories but i don't think that there are complete opposites but i think they just created them as the evil bunch of mario and luigi,maybe the mario games were getting unpopular for a paticular time and then they just created Waluigi and Wario to spice it up a little more.

Actually I would more call Wario and Waluigi anti-heroes in comparison to Mario and Luigi. I know, somewhat the same thing. I really wish Nintendo would kinda link these characters together and kinda explain why they are the way they are. Would be cool to get some info on that.

There is a similar thread to this existing somewhere, but they are actually cousins. It's proven that they are cousins, as it has been confirmed by Nintendo. There isn't really much more to the story. I thought they were stepbrothers or evil twins, but they're just cousins.

Reactions: kamik_gamer
To me I would say that Wario are Waluigi are quite decipherable as opposites but I am not really too sure about it but my natural instincts tell me so . However I think I remember a similar thread to like this in the fact that Wario and Waluigi might be some sort of cousins or relatives or so but I definitely would say opposites . You know , the M being the upside down of W and vice verca

Wario and Waluigi are exaggerated versions of Mario and Luigi. Luigi has less spotlight than Mario. Waluigi has almost no spotlight. Mario saves Peach. Wario collects treasure and accidentally saves people or gets his money back. Wario is fatter than Mario. Waluigi is skinnier and taller than Luigi. Wario's "powerups" in WL3 and beyond, limit his motion and make him look silly while Mario gets powerups that assist his movement or allows him to throw something.

Reactions: PersonSP
I think they're more like concurrents. No polar opposites but rather competitives with similar appearance and qualities. Don't forget Mario and Luigi are plumbers! I think they were meant as evil(er) versions of Mario and Luigi not their opposites. That means that some things (like appearance) are similar while other traits (like character, otherwise they would not be evil-ish) are opposite. The differences in appearance are only to underline that they are the 'bad guys'. Bad guys in the classics always get either silly or intimidating looks. (Or, if the writers want to play with concept and create an anti-hero, you'll find an overly cute villain)

Yeah, their complete opposites of Mario and Luigi

They're opposites of Mario and Luigi, and Wario and Waluigi are opposites of eachother. Wario is Fat, Waluigi is Skinny, Wario is short, Waluigi is tall. I also noticed something that no one else did.
color_wheel.gif

In this poorly drawn color wheel you can see that violet is a complementary color to yellow ( :eek: ) Complimentary colors, when combined, cancel eachother out, so therefore, Waluigi and Wario are opposites. :giggle:

I think Wario and Waluigi are simply elaborations of Mario and Luigi. Mario is short and fat, Wario is shorter and fatter. Luigi is tall and skinny, Waluigi is taller and skinnier. However, this "elaboration" I am talking about wouldn't make much sense when you think about their clothes - specifically the color of them. They're inverted between respected characters. Their eye patterns fall somewhat under this inversion as well.

Cosmic Mario is a fake of Mario, while Mr. L is an alter-ego to Luigi's demeanor (technically an opposite I guess). It's kinda hard to tell for Wario and Waluigi...

Reactions: 3391
Why Mario and Luigi are opposites of Wario and Waluigi
1.Mario and luigi are two nice brothers and wario and waluigi seem to be quite evil and selfish
2. Mario and Luigi have the same good face and wario and waluigi have the same ad face.
3. Mario is fat and Luigi is thin. Wario is way TOO fatand waluigi is way TOO thin.

Why Mario and Luigi are opposites of Wario and Waluigi
1.Mario and luigi are two nice brothers and wario and waluigi seem to be quite evil and selfish
2. Mario and Luigi have the same good face and wario and waluigi have the same ad face.
3. Mario is fat and Luigi is thin. Wario is way TOO fatand waluigi is way TOO thin.

The third reason of yours isn't exactly an opposite, since Wario and Waluigi are simply fatter and skinnier. Maybe if Waluigi was the fat one while Wario was the skinny one would this then be considered an opposite. However, that's not the case. :bag:

Reactions: PersonSP
I wouldnt say oppisties or antis but just, the more "evil way of them" I heard stuff before saying they were cousins, dont know if this was true or not but I could get that since there logos are basically the upside down version of Mario and Luigis, but Im pretty sure they arent cousins or the "oppisite" of them, because that just sounds like some science experiment gone wrong and somehow Mario and Luigi got cloned and poof camed Wario and Waluigi, ye dont think that happened:rotfl:

I think neither really because for them to be opposites wouldnt they have to be related? Waluigi isnt related to Wario like genetically at all. He is just some random guy who showed up to play tennis and befriended Wario. Of course someone will respond that they are opposites because the opposite of brothers is not brothers but in reality wouldnt the opposite of brothers be sisters???? IDK tho thats just my opinion...

It always seemed to me like they were opposites, because they have WA in front of Mario and Luigi's names, and Wario is extremely fat while Waluigi is extremely thin and tall. It actually seems more like Wario and Waluigi are evil versions because they act greedy and mean while Mario and Luigi are the heroes.

Nintendo has confirmed that Wario is Mario's cousin, and that Waluigi is just some guy who showed up to play tennis. He found a rival in Luigi and a friend in Wario. Design and personality wise, they are exagerrated versions of the two. Mario grabs gold in his adventures, Wario is a gold grabbing fanatic! Luigi is tall and skiiny, so Waluigi is extremely tall amd twig-like.

Back