Is Wario and Waluigi actually the opposites of Mario and Luigi?

• Thread starter Blue_Hutchins
  • Start date

Opposites or Fakes?

• Opposite

Votes: 12 66.7%
  • Fakes

Votes: 6 33.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Nintendo has confirmed that Wario is Mario's cousin, and that Waluigi is just some guy who showed up to play tennis. He found a rival in Luigi and a friend in Wario. Design and personality wise, they are exagerrated versions of the two. Mario grabs gold in his adventures, Wario is a gold grabbing fanatic! Luigi is tall and skiiny, so Waluigi is extremely tall amd twig-like.
"Just some guy who showed up to play tennis" he's got a very deep and complicated backstory. :p

Reactions: 423
To me, Wario is an opposite of Mario. I really don't know that much of Waluigi, besides him being an excellent dancer and Luigi's rival. Mario tries to go rescue the Princess while Wario is just in it to find all the money. Mario is a somewhat charmful person while Wario has some crude humor.

Didn't Nintendo first say that Wario and Waluigi were evil doppelgangers of Mario and Luigi? So now they're confirming that Wario is Mario's cousin and that Waluigi is just some guy game who just so happens to nearly share the same name with Luigi who just "showed up". Why does the origin or description of Nintendo's characters have to be so confusing?

I think they are opposites because they act the complete opposite and have different personallities from the original mario characters. Wario and waluigi have a greedy personality while the others don't. Even the word wa in front of their names mean bad in japanese.

I consider them opposites. While they may not be exact opposites as of Mario and Luigi, they can be opposites of each other. Small, fat, strong, and slow is Wario while Waluigi counters all of these. And you do not need to have opposite physical structures to be opposites. There personality says it all

fake real do we need to know not really but if we did find out that would be cool

They're opposites of Mario and Luigi, and Wario and Waluigi are opposites of eachother. Wario is Fat, Waluigi is Skinny, Wario is short, Waluigi is tall. I also noticed something that no one else did.
color_wheel.gif

In this poorly drawn color wheel you can see that violet is a complementary color to yellow ( :eek: ) Complimentary colors, when combined, cancel eachother out, so therefore, Waluigi and Wario are opposites. :giggle:
I just want to say...Genius!

Reactions: 3823
Reactions: kr3rdparty
They are the bad version of Mario and Luigi. They are fake AND opposites.

I think Wario and Waluigi are opposites of Mario and Luigi because the names are similar and they all have hats that look the same. The opposites of Mario and Luigi are basically the opposite of their personality.

Well I don't think Waluigi or Wario is the exact opposites of Luigi and Mario because if they were opposites Waluigi would be fat and have all the spotlight while Wario is unnoticed and skinny. And both of them will be female(Talking about Waluigi and Wario) I just think Wario and Waluigi is the bad Mario and Luigi, NOT the opposite of them. If they were opposites things will never be the same

Well I don't think Waluigi or Wario is the exact opposites of Luigi and Mario because if they were opposites Waluigi would be fat and have all the spotlight while Wario is unnoticed and skinny. And both of them will be female(Talking about Waluigi and Wario) I just think Wario and Waluigi is the bad Mario and Luigi, NOT the opposite of them. If they were opposites things will never be the same
Agreed. Kind of like an evil mirror, the outside proportions stay the same, but the insides... Would also explain why the letters are upside down; mirror on the ceiling. :p

I would say they are opposites because they,they, yah they are opposites

I thought they e
We're clones

Wario and Waluigi are odd characters to be honest, they seem to represent bizarro, mirror-universe equivalents of Nintendo mainstays Mario and Luigi. They look like Mario and Luigi's evil twins due to their personality but not anything related to them though. I always wanted to know why like they look like the opposite of Mario and Luigi and I also noticed that there like rivals to Mario and Luigi.

I would say that they seem more like exaggerations more than anything else. For example, Mario is normal height and kind of fat. Wario is slightly above normal height and is extremely fat. Luigi is a bit taller and skinnier than Mario. Waluigi is considerably taller and thin to an unhealthy extent. Maybe not opposites in a sense, but exaggerated versions of their counterparts...

Back