Is wii u not doing well because its an nintendo product?

• Thread starter Magik
  • Start date
Well in 2015 Nintendo will beome the gaming giant again and Wii U's will have a sharp, sharp peak in sales.
The reason is becuase most companys such as EA and Microsoft (espically) are promising things and arent doing them and losing people. However, Nintendo with all the awesome games coming out in 2015 will sell the Wii U. Speaking of which after E3 i cant begin to name all the people who left saying im buying a Wii U.

Many gamers think of Nintendo as a Company that only releases childish games, and that cod is da best and Nintendo sux big time m8! This is wrong! If they gave Nintendo a chance, they would see that it is a great console that fits for every age. If they think that Mario and pokemon are childish, they should try out zelda, monster hunter and smash.

I knew someone who thought Nintendo was for kids...

Then I showed them Bayonetta 2.

Reactions: Robbie, 532 and Magik
I actually only know 2 people in my year with a Wii U and it is actually really sad. People think Nintendo is a child product because of the ''casualness'' people seem to think the company represents. On the other hand with the never ending Mario games I can see their point just a little.. I still don't agree with it though. At least 100 boys in my year have either a PS4, XB1 or both (I live in the UK by the way) and all I ever hear people talk about is the latest Fifa, COD or GTA and it gets on my nerves so much.

Most younger kids act this way, too. I sometimes babysit a neighbor's son, who loves Nintendo, and he told me once that it would be impossible for him to say anything about Nintendo at school without being bullied.

I think that younger kids don't like Nintendo because they want to feel like adults. On the streets, I hear middle school kids calling each other a plethora of curse words, and making crude sex jokes.
I know, when I was younger I got heavily sexually harassed.. And I was 11. That's bad. I learned about --- (that...) younger off (which was terrible) and it ruined my life, Nintendo is the only thing that makes me feel better, because most people are kind there. Makes me forget about the rude people, so maybe yes Nintendo is a kid company but why be bullied because of it? Sounds like these people never played Nintendo. Nintendo was one of the first gaming consoles I've ever heard of and I don't like hearing it be used for cyber bullying, even real bullying. I hope that this stops. Especially since it's now against the law to bully someone.

I know, when I was younger I got heavily sexually harassed.. And I was 11. That's bad. I learned about --- (that...) younger off (which was terrible) and it ruined my life, Nintendo is the only thing that makes me feel better, because most people are kind there. Makes me forget about the rude people, so maybe yes Nintendo is a kid company but why be bullied because of it? Sounds like these people never played Nintendo. Nintendo was one of the first gaming consoles I've ever heard of and I don't like hearing it be used for cyber bullying, even real bullying. I hope that this stops. Especially since it's now against the law to bully someone.
I'm really sorry.... I hope your ok, if you ever need to talk to someone I'm here

I'm really sorry.... I hope your ok, if you ever need to talk to someone I'm here
No that was a long time ago, I'm fine now.

No that was a long time ago, I'm fine now.
Okay, that's good to hear

The Wii U is NOT failing due to it being a Nintendo product. Nintendo is THE most successful video game company ever, period. The reason why the Wii U is failing is because of the arrogance of third-party devs and PS4/Xbox One owners. They think that Mario and Zelda games are for five year olds, and "hurr durr graphics on wii suxs u n00b l2p" . This is the attitude of most of the playerbase. However, if it wasn't for Nintendo, there would be NO Playstation/Or even a gaming company after what happened with Atari. Sony stole the idea of using discs for the PSX from.the SNES disk add-on. Where I used to live, people had mixed opinions on Nintendo. However, currently, in my school, there are so many people that I have convinced to play Pokemon. One of my friends was a regular CoD Jock, and I made him download a GBA emulator with some Pokemon games. He played them for several weeks, and then the next day showed up with a 3DS! You would be surprised that so many people like Nintendo where I live.

Reactions: CrazyElf and Mikaya
The Wii U is NOT failing due to it being a Nintendo product. Nintendo is THE most successful video game company ever, period. The reason why the Wii U is failing is because of the arrogance of third-party devs and PS4/Xbox One owners. They think that Mario and Zelda games are for five year olds, and "hurr durr graphics on wii suxs u n00b l2p" . This is the attitude of most of the playerbase. However, if it wasn't for Nintendo, there would be NO Playstation/Or even a gaming company after what happened with Atari. Sony stole the idea of using discs for the PSX from.the SNES disk add-on. Where I used to live, people had mixed opinions on Nintendo. However, currently, in my school, there are so many people that I have convinced to play Pokemon. One of my friends was a regular CoD Jock, and I made him download a GBA emulator with some Pokemon games. He played them for several weeks, and then the next day showed up with a 3DS! You would be surprised that so many people like Nintendo where I live.
I agree, actually I made this thread before I was really knowledgeable on stuff like this.
Big game companies (besides nintendo) are losing support because they promise things that never happen. Nintendo either:
A. Keeps their promises
Or
B. Doesn't promise anything at all
So by 2015, they will do better than most companiescompanies

Reactions: 532
The Wii U is NOT failing due to it being a Nintendo product. Nintendo is THE most successful video game company ever, period. The reason why the Wii U is failing is because of the arrogance of third-party devs and PS4/Xbox One owners. They think that Mario and Zelda games are for five year olds, and "hurr durr graphics on wii suxs u n00b l2p" . This is the attitude of most of the playerbase. However, if it wasn't for Nintendo, there would be NO Playstation/Or even a gaming company after what happened with Atari. Sony stole the idea of using discs for the PSX from.the SNES disk add-on. Where I used to live, people had mixed opinions on Nintendo. However, currently, in my school, there are so many people that I have convinced to play Pokemon. One of my friends was a regular CoD Jock, and I made him download a GBA emulator with some Pokemon games. He played them for several weeks, and then the
next day showed up with a 3DS! You would be surprised that so many people like Nintendo where I live.
True, if Nintendo hadn't teamed up with Sony (they did, it ended up as PlayStation) it might be Sega vs Nintendo instead of Nintendo vs Xbox vs PlayStation with Sega on the "sidelines".

True, if Nintendo hadn't teamed up with Sony (they did, it ended up as PlayStation) it might be Sega vs Nintendo instead of Nintendo vs Xbox vs PlayStation with Sega on the "sidelines".
Actually, Nintendo has never teamed up with Sony, and never will. Sony simply got the idea from Nintendo, and that's all. Two rivalling companies will NEVER partner up.

Actually look at this at around 1:50

It is really hard to say, but I think I see your point. It is that moment in which you wonder well but why is this childlish if they are also playing video games on the other systems too. Or maybe it is because of the traditional nintendo games that make people think about nintendo being a console just for kids but people immediately forget who is the father of Resident Evil and where the first Resident game was first played. It is something really strange, for example I have a friend of mine, not a nintendo lover, who gives his opinions about smash and kirby, saying smash is this or that, not actually real fun, or when he talks about kirby, he says this is just a pink ball, what fun do you find on it. So I try to lend him the controller but he refuses, because he knows it is really fun. The matter is that he is so stubborn that he won't tell you, you know you're right, it is really fun

Back